RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RachH, thanks for keeping me company😆 I am exactly the same, we got a no last year so I’m expecting the inevitable but it would be nice to just know and stop the mad email refreshing!! That’s lovely that your dd has LJB, I hope she has a brilliant time. X

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Millicent said:

I'm waiting impatiently too 😬

Every time someone posts on this thread I panic that the results are out! 😂

Haha same! I’m refreshing this page as much as my emails! Hopefully not too long now.🤞

We are Group 2 and our deadline was on Monday so each day I am hoping to see our video has been viewed. Mostly so we know I have uploaded them correctly. It’s nice to know that in the next 27 days we will have a decision either way. We are Leeds Year 4 so it’s the first time our DD has auditioned for RBS JA. We had fun making the videos but we had quite a few technical glitches along the way and a rather embarrassing 20 seconds of a view of my nostrils whilst I logged back into my laptop and a few obscenity’s under my breath but hopefully they will look past my incompetence and see some potential in my daughter. 😂🩰

@Spamcat, I remember your name from the 2019 JA feed (which I have been looking at over the past couple of days😆) I have been reading Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with my son and this quote from the book springs to mind in this situation... “However small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance was there.” 

• Like 2

If the group 2 deadline was Monday I would have thought they might have already made their decisions about group 1 otherwise surely it would be difficult to be reviewing group 1 and looking at group 2 at the same time? 

Unless they have different people doing a first round view and cut, and then the "bigwigs" look at those on the short list.

I'm trying not to think about it too much as you could drive yourself mad with all the what ifs. It's our first audition though so all very new to this! 

18 minutes ago, Alexandra84 said:

I wonder if they just watch the video once? or do they watch it more than once? 

How many people normally audition?

Depending on which platform you uploaded the video onto, you may be able to see if it’s been viewed and more detailed analytics on it. YouTube allows you to do this on their website or the YouTube studio app. As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

2 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

Is this just for London or UK-wide? And for how many spaces?

I'm not doing very well at taking my own advice and not thinking too much about it am I?! 😆

3 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

Depending on which platform you uploaded the video onto, you may be able to see if it’s been viewed and more detailed analytics on it. YouTube allows you to do this on their website or the YouTube studio app. As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

Thank you for your answer! yes, my daughters video has already been seen, just wondering if they view it again later to decide or if they just view it once and make the decision there and then. 

Interesting about the numbers, I thought it was more than that :) 

2 hours ago, Alexandra84 said:

Thank you for your answer! yes, my daughters video has already been seen, just wondering if they view it again later to decide or if they just view it once and make the decision there and then. 

Interesting about the numbers, I thought it was more than that :) 

Can you imagine the mammoth task they will have viewing all those videos and i imagine there will be a high number with potential. How do they even whittle it down? I would love watching all the videos as love ballet myself but after so many videos, it must get a little laborious!  

Hi everyone

First time posting on this forum and first time auditioning for my 8 year old DD.  Hoping Manchester! 🙏 

Great thread, I have been checking my DD videos on you tubeto see if they have been viewed but I cant figue out if its been watched or the views are going up because I keep on checking! 😄

13 hours ago, Ballet_mum3 said:

Hi everyone

First time posting on this forum and first time auditioning for my 8 year old DD.  Hoping Manchester! 🙏 

Great thread, I have been checking my DD videos on you tubeto see if they have been viewed but I cant figue out if its been watched or the views are going up because I keep on checking! 😄

You can see how many views your video’s have had when you open up YouTube and click on your account into the video tab. If you click on each video, your number count goes up. I have got all three at the same number of views by clicking into them myself so I know now, when that number changes, it will have been viewed by them as they are the only ones with access to it via link (as long as I dont click on the videos again). There is the YouTube analytics app which shows you also). There is also something about subscribers. I think that will change once viewed by someone other than myself? Although that is only my guess 👍🏻

Edited by Balletbuds80
Spelling

2 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

You can see how many views your video’s have had when you open up YouTube and click on your account into the video tab. If you click on each video, your number count goes up. I have got all three at the same number of views by clicking into them myself so I know now, when that number changes, it will have been viewed by them as they are the only ones with access to it via link (as long as I dont click on the videos again). There is the YouTube analytics app which shows you also). There is also something about subscribers. I think that will change once viewed by someone other than myself? Although that is only my guess 👍🏻

On 18/09/2020 at 11:24, Ballet_mum3 said:

I will take a look at the app.  Its a tense wait.  I had my 3 year old run in screaming half way throught the second video and me quickly scooping her up in my pjs!  😳 DD kept her cool though, Im sure whoever watches it will have a chuckle!

Nice to hear I wasn’t the only one 😃

On 18/09/2020 at 11:24, Ballet_mum3 said:

I will take a look at the app.  Its a tense wait.  I had my 3 year old run in screaming half way throught the second video and me quickly scooping her up in my pjs!  😳 DD kept her cool though, Im sure whoever watches it will have a chuckle!

Edited by Balletbuds80
Duplicate

i managed to look at youtube studio and it looked as if my daughters videos had been watched on saturday 15th August and the 2nd and 3rd again on Sunday 16th? i could be wrong as never looked into the analysis of videos before but it also seemed as if theyd watched ket moments in each video as these had higher watch percentages! How long did the older group wait before the emails came out? will we get an email either way? or if we don't hear then we're out? 

Edited by dancecrazy1