RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they wanted to get all invitations out and dealt with for all 4 groups before moving on to releasing results?

And perhaps the auditions team are having lunch now, before they start sending results out this afternoon... 

We should know one way or the other by the end of this week - surely!! :unsure:

Got our group 4 email! I am confused because it says at the top not to save the videos onto your device then at the end it says videos must be deleted if you downloaded them. Our Internet connection is so dodgy because we live in the middle of nowhere but I'm not sure if I can download them or not. 🤔

Also it says no tiled floors and the entire of our house has tiled floors. 😂

5 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Got our group 4 email! I am confused because it says at the top not to save the videos onto your device then at the end it says videos must be deleted if you downloaded them. Our Internet connection is so dodgy because we live in the middle of nowhere but I'm not sure if I can download them or not. 🤔

I didnt download, i just kept the email and clicked on the links as we were filming> that could be tricky if your internet isn't great! is there anywhere else you could go to film her? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We were ok but a friend without a suitable place in their house hired a studio space to do it. They checked with the audition team who said that was allowed

• Like 1

We've actually got a really great space to do it, DD does some zoom ballet classes at home but it is always lagging and cutting out and things don't stream well. (The floor is tiled though, I never knew that was bad? 😬). I just don't understand whether or not I'm allowed to download the video if I delete it after. I could ask to use the hall, but I don't think that has Internet either. We really do live in the middle of nowhere! 😂

In terms of the tiled floor, can you borrow a dance floor mat from somewhere? If not, I'm sure they're not going to say no because of the type of floor you have! I assume it's just because tiles are a very hard and unforgiving surface to e.g. jump on so they are covering their backs in terms of safety. 

Is there any way of temporarily boosting Internet? Might be worth asking someone who knows about these things? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sass22 said:

Hi all, how do you know which groups your all in? Also have they asked for a second recording. I’ve sent mine in for London. Haven’t heard anything at all. 

London is group 1 :) I think they only ask for a second recording if they can't access your original one. 

35 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We've actually got a really great space to do it, DD does some zoom ballet classes at home but it is always lagging and cutting out and things don't stream well. (The floor is tiled though, I never knew that was bad? 😬). I just don't understand whether or not I'm allowed to download the video if I delete it after. I could ask to use the hall, but I don't think that has Internet either. We really do live in the middle of nowhere! 😂

Is just download it and delete it afterwards - I think that’s allowed and they wouldn’t know anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sass22 said:

Hi all, how do you know which groups your all in? Also have they asked for a second recording. I’ve sent mine in for London. Haven’t heard anything at all. 

Group 1 - London 

Group 2 - Dundee/Newcastle/ Leeds/ Manchester 

Group 3 - Eastleigh/ Totnes/Bath

Group 4 - Birmingham 

Hope that helps😊

59 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Also comforting to know no one else in group 1 has had an email yet otherwise I would be worrying they had my email address wrong or that it went into my junk folder! 

My nerves are so on edge. Does anyone know if Group 1 will hear this week? A part of me just wants to know so I can get on with my life. 😂

I keep checking my junk folder, we’re group one 😣 it’s my daughter’s birthday on Friday, I was really hoping we’d know for sure before so she can get over the upset and enjoy her day - if it comes on Friday I think I’m going to have to wait until the weekend to tell her 😢

1 minute ago, Millicent said:

@RachH emailed the auditions team and they said the results would be out within 1 month of the closing date, so it will be one calendar month tomorrow for group 1. I'm going to be glued to my phone tomorrow! 

Yes, this is the email :) 

Hi Rachael

Thanks for your message.

We are aiming to let all applicants know their results a month after their video submission date. This may vary slightly, but you will not have to wait until the end of the audition process in order to find out the results. (Unless you are in the last group!)

I hope that helps. 

Thanks, 

I’m very pleased to have found this group I thought I was the only one worrying that we hadn’t heard anything yet! I cracked under the pressure and emailed today and got this response (we’re group one): The final group is submitting their videos this week. The admissions team is planning to send out emails starting next week, beginning with the first group and working their way through. 

Although I've just thought...that can't be right that the final group is submitting their videos this week if the email has only just gone out today? They will have around 2 and a half weeks like everyone else before they have to submit them.

Hmmm, I suppose they meant to say that the email has gone out this week rather than videos are being submitted. 

I wish I didn't have a tendency to overthink 😆