RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

24 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

No - group 1, but just thinking about when it would all likely be sorted given the delays on group 1 and then maybe wanting to see the standard across the board before decisions are made

Yes maybe, we are group 2 so now not expecting to hear anything for a couple of weeks yet.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad I came across this post, I've been checking my emails like a mad woman since I submitted the videos... my daughter has applied for yr5 Manchester so we where group 2, probably going to be a few more weeks before we hear anything if group one still haven't... we applied to Elmhurst and had to do a live zoom audition and heard back within a week I thought this might have been similar.. 

51 minutes ago, Balletmum2305 said:

So glad I came across this post, I've been checking my emails like a mad woman since I submitted the videos... my daughter has applied for yr5 Manchester so we where group 2, probably going to be a few more weeks before we hear anything if group one still haven't... we applied to Elmhurst and had to do a live zoom audition and heard back within a week I thought this might have been similar.. 

We’re waiting for year 5 Manchester too. Did your daughter get a place at Elmhurst? 

Hi just re read the e mail and it said about doing the ballet class all in one go.  My daughter did but I had to do video 1 then stop click the link then a second and third video.  Will it matter it's 3 videos? It was stressful trying to get it to record and click on my Chromebook etc.  I obviously lost the ability to multi task 🙈 

12 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

Hi just re read the e mail and it said about doing the ballet class all in one go.  My daughter did but I had to do video 1 then stop click the link then a second and third video.  Will it matter it's 3 videos? It was stressful trying to get it to record and click on my Chromebook etc.  I obviously lost the ability to multi task 🙈 

Yeah that's correct - when you submit the videos it give you the 3 upload boxes for videos 1, 2 and 3

We are grp 2 and our video was watched on Tuesday, 12 minutes of it - I uploaded it as a whole rather than 3 sections. DD didn't show her full potential on the day however so I'm not expecting a yes this time. 

In the email they said expect to hear approx 4 weeks after the closing date, so would be mid October if they manage to get through them. 

1 hour ago, BalletmumH said:

We are grp 2 and our video was watched on Tuesday, 12 minutes of it - I uploaded it as a whole rather than 3 sections. DD didn't show her full potential on the day however so I'm not expecting a yes this time. 

In the email they said expect to hear approx 4 weeks after the closing date, so would be mid October if they manage to get through them. 

Hi BalletmumH, which centre did you apply for?

2 hours ago, BalletmumH said:

They may have just skipped to the parts they are interested in?  There was a lot of standing and listening to instructions also. I am not sure they could watch every candidates 30 min video in full and get through them all? We are group 2 too, good luck!

It has taken nearly 24 hours to download the files and realised the silly go pro put it into 2 files due to the length (per video).  It's a continuation of the first one but 6 videos in total 🙈😓.  Have had to submit one in the link the other in the password box to send it across.  My phone didn't work so it was the only way to do it.  Hopefully they will still watch it 🤞

On 02/10/2020 at 19:01, Dancemum100 said:

My daughter too!! What are you thinking you would do if you were offered a RJA place too? X

Hi sorry for the late reply, if she was lucky enough to get RJA we would try and do both see how she got on if it was too much see which one she prefared, she is really enjoying Elmhurst, what are you thinking? X 

Weirdly had a feeling this morning and looked at our YouTube views. Seems like my daughters videos (group 1) were watched again today between 9-10 am which leads me to believe that they still haven’t made the final decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

Weirdly had a feeling this morning and looked at our YouTube views. Seems like my daughters videos (group 1) were watched again today between 9-10 am which leads me to believe that they still haven’t made the final decisions. 

How exciting! Maybe she's down to the last few? My daughter's were watched twice about a week apart, but not at all in the last few weeks (since mid-September). Fingers crossed for you. 

10 minutes ago, RachH said:

How exciting! Maybe she's down to the last few? My daughter's were watched twice about a week apart, but not at all in the last few weeks (since mid-September). Fingers crossed for you. 

Aww thanks but I’m not holding out much hope. She screwed up multiple times in the audition and she has the worst posture With a naturally curved back. 

wish i was a bit more technical with computers, when it had only been viewed once it was easy to easy which bits they'd watched but now it looks like a heart monitor trace with so many ups and downs i cant tell what they would have re-watched yesterday! hopefully not the bits where i was flagging to her that she was about to jump back into the sofa 🤣

14 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

wish i was a bit more technical with computers, when it had only been viewed once it was easy to easy which bits they'd watched but now it looks like a heart monitor trace with so many ups and downs i cant tell what they would have re-watched yesterday! hopefully not the bits where i was flagging to her that she was about to jump back into the sofa 🤣

Which group are you?  If your group one then thinking group 2 not going to be out for ages!  My DD is group 2 and her first video was watched for 8 mins, second 4 and third 3 minutes.  Think they are skipping through the instructions parts I guess so will look haphazard! 

6 minutes ago, Ballet_mum3 said:

Which group are you?  If your group one then thinking group 2 not going to be out for ages!  My DD is group 2 and her first video was watched for 8 mins, second 4 and third 3 minutes.  Think they are skipping through the instructions parts I guess so will look haphazard! 

Group 1! they watched them mid september then nothing until monday! 

On 05/10/2020 at 17:36, Lily Craggs said:

That’s great!! Hopefully we’ll know soon enough. Getting nervous.