RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also got our expected no! Did everyone with a no have this paragraph in their e-mail? 

“And though we are unfortunately unable to offer (name) a place this year, we felt they worked well with the class provided and would be interested in seeing them next year after another year with their current teacher.”

Edited by PurplePirouette
-
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

We got on to a short wait list apparently which is a massive shock. 
Sorry for all the no’s xxxxx 

That is great to have swl! Means a longer wait though.

Sounds like they did nos first then swl, so we should get some yeses soon! 🤞

Just now, PurplePirouette said:

We also got our expected no! Did everyone with a no email have this paragraph? 

“And though we are unfortunately unable to offer (name) a place this year, we felt they worked well with the class provided and would be interested in seeing them next year after another year with their current teacher.”

We did but our friend didn’t. So not all bad news!

Got a yes for my DD. Still in shock! The email was about an hour ago so they may be doing them all at the same/similar times. 

Sorry for the no's, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Edited by Millicent
typo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Got a yes for my DD. Still in shock! The email was about an hour ago so they may be doing them all at the same/similar times. 

Sorry for the noise, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations 💗🎉

7 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Sorry for the noise, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations!!! 🤩

16 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Sorry for the no's, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations, you must be thrilled 😁 

18 minutes ago, Millicent said:

@MillicentAbsolutely thrilled for you and your dd, what gorgeous news! Worth the looong wait!lol x

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Amazing! Have you been told when the start date is? Just interested as I guess term would have started by now pre-COVID? Aw now the wait for group 2 😬

12 minutes ago, Ballet_mum3 said:

Amazing! Have you been told when the start date is? Just interested as I guess term would have started by now pre-COVID? Aw now the wait for group 2 😬

Well done everyone. My daughter got accepted into year 6 in bath from the swl so it does happen! Also to everyone who got a no, my dd got a straight no in year 4 and got in off swl this year so keep trying! In the two years between, she did English youth Ballet and also improved her flexibility so things can change x 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Millicent said:

So excited for you and your DD. Huge congratulations 🥳 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. It was just a very short email saying "we would like to offer (name) a place on the Associates programme in London, for entry in January 2020".

Must be a typo and they meant Jan 2021! 

I have emailed to confirm we will accept the place so hopefully there will be more information about days/times soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beauballetshoes said:

We got a short waiting list - not really sure what this means? Only if someone drops out I assume? Is it still good? Thinking of everyone with the no’s - the wait is over but it’s not the end, on the beginning for the lovely little ones x

My DS got SWL for London Y4 last year, but unfortunately it didn’t materialise into a place as no one dropped out. BUT, I’m assured it means your child stood out, and there aren’t enough places to accommodate all. My DS was tiny last year and he’s grown so much in a year, also as a dancer. It’s a really positive achievement even if it doesn’t materialise into a place. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

My DS got SWL for London Y4 last year, but unfortunately it didn’t materialise into a place as no one dropped out. BUT, I’m assured it means your child stood out, and there aren’t enough places to accommodate all. My DS was tiny last year and he’s grown so much in a year, also as a dancer. It’s a really positive achievement even if it doesn’t materialise into a place. 

thank you! yes Its a positive sign and i'll tell her its something to be proud of! shame it wasn't the live audition as i know she'd have enjoyed the experience far more but fingers crossed for next year! 

31 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

thank you! yes Its a positive sign and i'll tell her its something to be proud of! shame it wasn't the live audition as i know she'd have enjoyed the experience far more but fingers crossed for next year! 

Who knows, there is the possibility that a space becomes free, we can always live in hope 🤞 But ‘next years’ auditions are only a few months away so hopefully that’s a live audition. 

Congratulations to the yesses and the SWLs and commiserations to the nos.

Its nearly 15 years since my DD was at this stage but I remember how difficult it was, so thought I would share a few thoughts.

1) Nos remember that you are in a big majority. Only around 10% of JA applicants get a place and that seems to be fairly consistent over the years. On forums like this, you can sometimes get a bit of a skewed perception as naturally, people are more likely to share good news. But be assured, you are not alone.

2) The children that audition for JAs are on the whole the strongest dancers in their local school and this is often their first big disappointment. That's tough. They will be sad, and so will you. That's ok. But there is more to ballet than the RBS, more to dance than ballet and (sshhh...) more to life than dance. Allow yourself some time to be sad, then start looking forwards.

3) A yes or SWL is a "good sign" - well done! But a no is not necessarily a "bad sign".

4) Yes, SWL or no, the chances of any child, having a successful career as a classical ballet dancer is absolutely tiny. Whatever your JA news, keep that in perspective and don't let it become the only acceptable goal. 

5) Your child is just as talented, lovely and special now you have read that email as they were before. Nothing has changed about them, but they may well need your help to understand that.

• Like 13

It’s a no again for my pupil, as expected. She was never going to shine in a video audition. I do feel, given the £50 audition fee, the least they could have done under the circumstances is send a proof-read email! My pupil is also currently in Year 5 but the letter mentioned auditioning next time for WL/MAs 🤦🏻‍♀️ Enjoy celebrating “yeses” and don’t let it bother you “nos”. JAs is far from being the only option out there 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Millicent said:

Congratulations! 😊💕👏