Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I wonder if they're planning on abandoning it for 2020. It's getting a little close really to make arrangements etc isn't it? X

Oooh I hope not...maybe they are waiting to see if they can do them. I believe RBS yr 6 JA was a video audition but YR 4 and 5 auditons will be in the autumn.. so I've read on here. Ballet Boost did video audition. English youth Ballet auditon is video too, so hopefuly Elmhurst will arrange something 😊 I'm trying to be positive 😂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Oooh I hope not...maybe they are waiting to see if they can do them. I believe RBS yr 6 JA was a video audition but YR 4 and 5 auditons will be in the autumn.. so I've read on here. Ballet Boost did video audition. English youth Ballet auditon is video too, so hopefuly Elmhurst will arrange something 😊 I'm trying to be positive 😂

Yes they did my DD auditioned but unfortunately wasn't successful. She was successful and has accepted a place on the associate's programme at Moorland but we'd also applied for Elmhurst so was hoping she could still complete an audition at least xx

I'm hoping something happens too! My DD is doing BBO scholars once a month but ideally needs to do something more regularly. Made it onto the Swl for RBS JA but I was hoping for an opportunity at Elmhurst too! Would be such a shame if they didnt get the chance x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raquelle said:

I'm hoping something happens too! My DD is doing BBO scholars once a month but ideally needs to do something more regularly. Made it onto the Swl for RBS JA but I was hoping for an opportunity at Elmhurst too! Would be such a shame if they didnt get the chance x 

Well done for getting on SWL for RBS 👏. It just really feels like it's late in the day to arrange everything.. makes me nervous when i know everywhere else has already held their video auditions xx

14 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Well done for getting on SWL for RBS 👏. It just really feels like it's late in the day to arrange everything.. makes me nervous when i know everywhere else has already held their video auditions xx

Thank you. Just hope it comes to something! 

DD is a current young dancer and we haven’t heard from them yet about classes for September either. I was hoping it would be this week now main school lessons are over.🤞🏻
I know they have furloughed a few staff associated with the scheme as we couldn’t have our reports for this year. I would say they are trying to work our logistics of having the associate classes in the same space as the boarders. I think they also have classes on a Saturday morning. 🤔 I guess the auditions must be a similar logistical challenge! 
Other associate schemes (apart form RB in London), aren’t held at the actual boarding schools so this does make this a unique case. They are all so lovely there and it’s such a lovely scheme. Hopefully we will hear soon! 💫

Another one waiting for news here.

3 hours ago, Astrid said:

I guess the auditions must be a similar logistical challenge! 
Other associate schemes (apart form RB in London), aren’t held at the actual boarding schools so this does make this a unique case. They are all so lovely there and it’s such a lovely scheme. Hopefully we will hear soon! 💫

Tring's CBA is held at the school and have auditions planned for 5th September - though guess that could change!

I wonder if it would be too tricky to find alternative studio space if holding it on site is an issue? 

52 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Also due to the layout of the building it should be relatively easy to keep the associates and full time students separate. They can use different entrances etc. 

The full-time students also use the studios on a Saturday morning, and the dining area is used by both groups, so if they followed the current model it would be difficult to keep them apart. They may well be waiting for further guidance before coming up with a plan. It’s reassuring to see that they are so cautious, especially when it would involve increasing the number of people on site considerably on a Saturday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

The full-time students also use the studios on a Saturday morning, and the dining area is used by both groups, so if they followed the current model it would be difficult to keep them apart. They may well be waiting for further guidance before coming up with a plan. It’s reassuring to see that they are so cautious, especially when it would involve increasing the number of people on site considerably on a Saturday.

Yes, they use the studios but they should be able to access them via a different route into the building, change times etc. There doesn’t seem to be any plans to stop their RAD classes at the moment, they were still talking about them last week during meetings with students. I’m sure they will be considering it carefully though, everything else has been very organised. 

I've had an email from them today. It all seems a bit confusing and I'm not quite sure what it means. It says they wont have onsite auditions before september and mentions online sessions but says they dont know whether this is for young dancers or extended young dancers due to high numbers. I guess we will wait for further information. 

1 hour ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I haven't had an email... were they emails responding to your enquiry or a general email ? Xx

Yeah I applied months ago so must be on their mailing list. If you applied and paid for audition then I would ask to be added or maybe check your junk box? Xx

5 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Not sure. I applied and paid for the audition what seems and age a go, so guess from that. Email them may be and ask to be added to the list? Xx

So did i... I'm worried we're going to be missed off the list. I have had emails before now so i might just drop them a little follow up xx

18 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I guess I wasnt sure whether they were trying to say they wouldnt do auditions or they wouldnt do the young dancers programme full stop...wasnt quite sure how to read it! Glad it's not just me 😂

Current associates have had an email saying they have an upcoming meeting to discuss logistics of running YD classes along side full time students classes and they will update us after that, with term dates and with regional centres info. They are defo trying to make it work but in the safest way...reassuring for both sides I would imagine! 

On 18/07/2020 at 12:35, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Ahh ok.. I didn't see it until I saw there had been on this forum, then found it. Have you checked your junk folder? X

Apologies been away for a few days. I've got the email now thankfully yes it was in my alternative email address inbox which was a bit odd 🤷‍♀️. Anyway hopefully we'll have the info soon enough xx

We have had an email today about a year 6 zoom audition next Saturday.  So glad we have finally got some news regarding Young Dancers and that classes will be going ahead in September. Does anyone no the timing of the year 6 class in Plymouth please? Just so I know whether it will be possible if my DD is successful as daughter also starting ballet boost on a Sunday each month.

Edited by Ballet Dreams

3 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

We have had an email today about a year 6 zoom audition next Saturday.  So glad we have finally got some news regarding Young Dancers and that classes will be going ahead in September. Does anyone no the timing of the year 6 class in Plymouth please? Just so I know whether it will be possible if my DD is successful as daughter also starting ballet boost on a Sunday each month.

We got ours too, last year they were Sunday afternoon. My DD was successful last year yr5 but we had to decline as it was a morning class and she had BB Sunday mornings, she's been moved to lower mids BB which is mornings, so if she is successful again for Elmhurst I'm hoping the yr6 stays pm lol x

13 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

That’s great my daughter also going into Lower Mids BB glad the classes don’t clash.  Good luck to your DD for the audition I hope they are both are successful.

Is Young Dancers every week?

And you ❤ 

Yep every Sunday.. I think it's Sunday because  RBS JAs are every Saturday, avoids clash for those who do both xx

13 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

You never know, might do 😊 are there lots of others on W/L? 

it looks like six local dancers on the SWL  for totnes but could be more.  It looks like they maybe reducing the numbers of the children on the class due to Covid. 

Edited by Ballet Dreams