Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, 

My daughter is auditioning for a year 6 place this weekend. I know of 2 girls who auditioned for year 7 EYD places last weekend and they were in different Zoom groups. They had completely different audition classes which seemed to be different levels of ability. For example, one student had splits and pirouettes in their audition but the other girl didn’t. 

Has anyone else heard of this? I don’t understand how they can judge them fairly when they’ve done completely different auditions? 

Thank you! :) 

Yes they were auditioning for the same centre. The only thing I can think of is that the girl in the splits and pirouette audition does have a stereotypical “ballet body”, which I guess they could probably tell from the photos. But it seems a bit off for them to group them with a pre-conceived idea of their ability based on their photos? 

4 hours ago, BellaF said:

Oh I hope that’s not the case. Starting to think it’s a shame that they’re not being seen in person...

Will interesting to compare notes after the 

I feel like my little girl is a bit rusty! Feels like weeks since she has had a proper ballet lesson! I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...

4 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I feel like my little girl is a bit rusty! Feels like weeks since she has had a proper ballet lesson! I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...

Same! And having just looked back over the audition photos we sent in, I worry that DD has already been consigned to the not so good group if dancingdays' theory is correct 😂

What group is your DD in?

Edited by BellaF

1 minute ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Got my email she's in Sat 2.45 year 6... when you say photos... I thought it was just one photo in plie or did I get that completely wrong!? 😂

Ignore me! I get confused between what we sent for JAs and Elmhurst so likely just the one photo 😂

Still no email here. Has anyone with a Sunday audition had anything yet?

3 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Got my email she's in Sat 2.45 year 6... when you say photos... I thought it was just one photo in plie or did I get that completely wrong!? 😂

I understood it to be 5 different photos in different positions, that's what we submitted. It's obviously made no difference as she's still go an audition 😃 xx

14 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Ignore me! I get confused between what we sent for JAs and Elmhurst so likely just the one photo 😂

No I have looked and misread it 😞 I only sent the plie photo.. I had better email them. I hope I haven't affected her chances... It's not her fault her mum is an idiot!  😞 x

15 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I understood it to be 5 different photos in different positions, that's what we submitted. It's obviously made no difference as she's still go an audition 😃 xx

Yeah I think you are right... just looked at them again... I feel such an idiot now. I'd better email them! They are going to think I'm a right idiot 😞😞😞😞xx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

No I have looked and misread it 😞 I only sent the plie photo.. I had better email them. I hope I haven't affected her chances... It's not her fault her mum is an idiot!  😞 x

Sure it will be ok! In fact I'm almost wishing I hadn't sent them having looked at them again 😂

Edited by BellaF
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Yeah I think you are right... just looked at them again... I feel such an idiot now. I'd better email them! They are going to think I'm a right idiot 😞😞😞😞xx

I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't see why it would effect her chances as they're still auditioning her, that's when they'll see her true potential xx

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't see why it would effect her chances as they're still auditioning her, that's when they'll see her true potential xx

Well I've emailed them... to ask if I should send more, apologised and pretty much stated I'm an idiot! 😞

See if they reply. Honestly this whole thing is fated. We've spent along time and alot of ethernet cable trying to get a stable internet connection where she will be doing it, her matching hair thing to her leotard has gone missing. Have ordered katz ballet shoes from 4 different sellers all emailed back out of stock, now I've messed up the photos...and this is all unlike me.  None of this bodes well for Saturday. Just hope they don't judge my DD on her mother's stupidity 😜😜😜🙄😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Well I've emailed them... to ask if I should send more, apologised and pretty much stated I'm an idiot! 😞

See if they reply. Honestly this whole thing is fated. We've spent along time and alot of ethernet cable trying to get a stable internet connection where she will be doing it, her matching hair thing to her leotard has gone missing. Have ordered katz ballet shoes from 4 different sellers all emailed back out of stock, now I've messed up the photos...and this is all unlike me.  None of this bodes well for Saturday. Just hope they don't judge my DD on her mother's stupidity 😜😜😜🙄😂

Don't beat yourself up !! Honestly none of it will matter except the quality of her dancing on Saturday. I did the same thing in the run up to the RBS JA's and got myself in a right old state !! 

They just want to see what she has to offer- not perfection as they couldn't teach her anything if she's perfect. As long as she's dressed smartly so they can see her physique that's all that matters. Please don't stress hun 🤗 xx

1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I wouldn’t worry I only sent one photo as well I am positive that’s all you were to send.  I am sure they would have emailed you if you need more.  As far as I know photos are not important it’s to make reference to you your child later on in the process.  I really wouldn’t worry.

6 hours ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I wouldn’t worry I only sent one photo as well I am positive that’s all you were to send.  I am sure they would have emailed you if you need more.  As far as I know photos are not important it’s to make reference to you your child later on in the process.  I really wouldn’t worry.

Thanks... they emailed back and said just the plie.... Honestly did 3 associates auditions last year no issues this year EYB and this one I've found quite stressful 😂🙄🙄

8 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Don't beat yourself up !! Honestly none of it will matter except the quality of her dancing on Saturday. I did the same thing in the run up to the RBS JA's and got myself in a right old state !! 

They just want to see what she has to offer- not perfection as they couldn't teach her anything if she's perfect. As long as she's dressed smartly so they can see her physique that's all that matters. Please don't stress hun 🤗 xx

Thankyou.. we did 3 associates auditions last year and no problems. She's had 2 this year, one for EYB and this one and for some reason they have been quite stressful....probably My age!😂😂 

• Like 1

Its the first time my DD has auditioned for anything so I've nothing to compare too. However if you think a live audition they'd have been in their normal classes getting themselves prepared for them. All we would've had to do is make sure they look the way they need to and arrive at the right time. With the auditions being the way they are it's all fell to us - them looking right, right amount of space, following guidelines, video quality the list is endless !!

I just think we all deserve a big pat on the back for not just making it through lockdown but also still managing to make it possible for our dancers to audition 👏. Well done to each and every one of you 🤗🥰 xx 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Its the first time my DD has auditioned for anything so I've nothing to compare too. However if you think a live audition they'd have been in their normal classes getting themselves prepared for them. All we would've had to do is make sure they look the way they need to and arrive at the right time. With the auditions being the way they are it's all fell to us - them looking right, right amount of space, following guidelines, video quality the list is endless !!

I just think we all deserve a big pat on the back for not just making it through lockdown but also still managing to make it possible for our dancers to audition 👏. Well done to each and every one of you 🤗🥰 xx 

Yes I agree, although though there were tears of frustration over her English youth Ballet video audition, she had the lovely news she's been offered a place, so was worth the stress... I think 😂😂 x

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Still no email re Sunday 😩

Am a little stressed about having enough space for DD to dance in. Is there any mention of it in the info you have? Hope they get something out to us soon.

Hopefuly they will send Sundays soon.. what year is your DD going for? It said use the space you've used for other online lessons and some safety stuff. It's all really easy to understand... even for me! 😂😂🙄 xx

34 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Still no email re Sunday 😩

Am a little stressed about having enough space for DD to dance in. Is there any mention of it in the info you have? Hope they get something out to us soon.

it just states it shouldn't be in a bedroom. It should be somewhere with a neutral background and family members shouldn't be visible in the backgroundxx

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hopefuly they will send Sundays soon.. what year is your DD going for? It said use the space you've used for other online lessons and some safety stuff. It's all really easy to understand... even for me! 😂😂🙄 xx

Thank you! Our small living room will have to do 🙈

We're going for a year 5 Birmingham place. 

47 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

it just states it shouldn't be in a bedroom. It should be somewhere with a neutral background and family members shouldn't be visible in the backgroundxx

Just reading this - the space that DD usually dances in has a huge window behind her which makes her look a bit silhouettey. Might try and hang something behind her. All this stress over a zoom 😂

48 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

You do 😂👏.... my DD auditioned for RBS and that took me 3 hours to upload. I'd recorded in super HD  or something 😂🤦‍♀️ xx

Ha I did this with a competition piece! Spent HOURS trying to compress into a size I could send 😂

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

Just reading this - the space that DD usually dances in has a huge window behind her which makes her look a bit silhouettey. Might try and hang something behind her. All this stress over a zoom 😂

Are there curtains over the window you could draw? That might give a better view than having her silhouetted against the light.  

If not we can pray for a dull day for you! 

3 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Yes I agree, although though there were tears of frustration over her English youth Ballet video audition, she had the lovely news she's been offered a place, so was worth the stress... I think 😂😂 x

Just to clarify the tears of frustration weren't my DDs 😂 they were mine! Lol 

22 hours ago, BellaF said:

Perhaps you should email and ask whether year 5 for Birmingham are Auditioning this weekend It would Be awful if your DD missed her audition.  I hope you clarify what’s happening.

• Like 1