Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone still waiting, I know that the year 7 results came through at about 10:30pm so still a chance that you will hear today! 

Huge well done to those with a yes and commiserations to those with a not yet - they’re all still so young so much can change in the future x 

1 hour ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

We've just had year 6 result for Manchester and unfortunately it's a no. She's already been offered and accepted Moorland so all just experience. Well done everyone 👏xx

Congratulations for Moorland. There’s so many places the children can thrive, and they’re still so young. I’m sure she’ll have an amazing year of dance.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all yes dancers. My DD as typically as usual is on reserve list (oh yes 🤣 3 years in row on SWL for JA RBS) and now in Elmhurst. I do not expect that the place will become available, so at least she still can continue with her Ballet Boost and CBA.  

Edited by Mum of unicorn dancer
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Congratulations to all yes dancers. My DD as typically as usual is on reserve list (oh yes 🤣 3 years in row on SWL for JA RBS) and now in Elmhurst. I do not expect that the place will become available, so at least she still can continue with her Ballet Boost and CBA.  

Oh that's so frustrating!!! All in good time I believe and I am so pleased she has CBA and BB!!! She must be a strong character to keep trying ❤️

31 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I can imagine the sense of frustration, but it’s still an achievement. My son’s ballet teacher from ENB said she taught some of the BBA students over zoom in lockdown and was amazed with how good the Ballet Boost students are, and the results they achieve. As Candycakes said, I’m sure there’s truth in ‘all in good time’. My son will do the RBS and Tring CBA audition just for experience, he got SWL on his first audition for JA’s last year and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same this year, maybe even a no.... But I’ve prepared the motto for my son that I learned from a Chinese friend; ‘slow and steady wins the race’.

Also a not yet for DD for Y5 Birmingham. Disappointed as she has loved attending some workshops there but she has been offered and accepted a place on Ballet Boost Junior Associates so is thrilled to be starting that. The fact her new kit for there had arrived today felt a bit like fate when the no arrived. Well done to all the yes DC, and keep trying to the Not yets. Xx

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BalletmumH said:

Unfortunately it's a no for my DD Yr 5 Manchester. She's feeling really disappointed. We are very proud of her regardless of the outcome. Onwards and upwards. 

Congrats to all those who have got a place! 

Tell your daughter to never give up my daughter had a no to RBS in year 4&5 and SWL in year 6 she has just got a place with Elmhurst for year 6 she nearly didn’t audition this year for anywhere but her teacher has always believed in her and told her she should try.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's a no for my DD  Yr 6 but the I had a gut feeling it would be as the audition didn't go too well. She's a bit disappointed as she was offered a Year 5 place last year but sadly had to decline. She has yr6 RBS JAs, lower mids Ballet Boost and EYB to focus on in Sep, It's a strange old world this ballet malarkey 🤣 especially when you don't have a ballet background... roll on vocational auditions for YR7... I'm dreading it! 🤣

Congratulations to all who got a yes and to the nos.. remember,  it's not a no, just a not yet x

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BalletmumH said:

Unfortunately it's a no for my DD Yr 5 Manchester. She's feeling really disappointed. We are very proud of her regardless of the outcome. Onwards and upwards. 

Congrats to all those who have got a place! 

Sorry to hear of your DD’s disappointment. I do feel bad for all those who don’t get the outcome they hoped and worked hard for. My son was in that situation last year. For Y4, he wasn’t that fussed. It was nothing a trip to the Lego shop couldn’t resolve. But what a difference a year makes, as their emotions develop. Hope she feels better about it soon. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LilyLongLegs said:

Also a not yet for DD for Y5 Birmingham. Disappointed as she has loved attending some workshops there but she has been offered and accepted a place on Ballet Boost Junior Associates so is thrilled to be starting that. The fact her new kit for there had arrived today felt a bit like fate when the no arrived. Well done to all the yes DC, and keep trying to the Not yets. Xx

Great that she has Ballet Boost to look forward to, that’s a great achievement in itself! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Unfortunately it's a no for my DD  Yr 6 but the I had a gut feeling it would be as the audition didn't go too well. She's a bit disappointed as she was offered a Year 5 place last year but sadly had to decline. She has yr6 RBS JAs, lower mids Ballet Boost and EYB to focus on in Sep, It's a strange old world this ballet malarkey 🤣 especially when you don't have a ballet background... roll on vocational auditions for YR7... I'm dreading it! 🤣

Congratulations to all who got a yes and to the nos.. remember,  it's not a no, just a not yet x

Sounds like your DD has had a super year getting into JAs, Ballet Boost etc. Big things ahead for sure and I’d chalk Elmhurst up to experience, especially given zoom etc. Well done to her. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Sounds like your DD has had a super year getting into JAs, Ballet Boost etc. Big things ahead for sure and I’d chalk Elmhurst up to experience, especially given zoom etc. Well done to her. 

Thankyou so much, she's really quite resilient but she just wonders why after a yes in yr5... I told her she will never know and to look forward  not back. I reminded her of the crazy ride we've been on and she only started ballet 3 and half yeas ago and already made so many memories and had so many experiences 😊 she got into RBS JA last year and BB last year too and has been offered a further year with both x

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Oh sorry to hear that, but you have a right positive attitude. It is really hard to do audition in limited space and being at mercy your internet upload speed. There might be as well factor of social distancing, so maybe not so many places available. EYB is great. My DD is  doing it past 2 weeks as Tchaikovsky Gala - in fact the first live classes 😊 and she really enjoys every moment of that. Hoping for real show next year. Good luck with all dancing adventures and for vocational auditions. 🤞

Edited by Mum of unicorn dancer
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Oh sorry to hear that, but you have a right positive attitude. It is really hard to do audition in limited space and being at mercy your internet upload speed. There might be as well factor of social distancing, so maybe not so many places available. EYB is great. My DD is  doing it past 2 weeks as Tchaikovsky Gala - in fact the first live classes 😊 and she really enjoys every moment of that. Hoping for real show next year. Good luck with all dancing adventures and for vocational auditions. 🤞

I thought along similar lines. It’s great that Elmhurst did actually run auditions, but there are so many factors that made this different to a ‘normal’ audition. Same with the way RBS are running their JA auditions via video.... In a normal audition, they all disappear off into the same room, and are exposed to exactly the same conditions, and its all very equal and fair (except maybe when they separate the older children and the younger ones within the same year group). But this year, there are a million different factors every child will be exposed to. My DS has to dance on carpet for the first time, we had to close all the windows so he could hear properly, but it was ridiculously hot in the house. There were space issues, and so many distractions out of his control. Not to mention poor internet speed and broken sound. Every child who auditioned should feel incredibly proud for doing so under very unique and challenging conditions.

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Grammar error
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Ahh thankyou so much... we found it all a bit stressful but it was a great experience for my DD regardless of outcome and she has learnt from this too and if she ever has to do a zoom audition again (hopefuly never) she would at least have some experience because our ballet journey has been pretty crazy we've learnt early on there are so many highs and lows.. we tend to get over the lows fairly quickly and she is becoming very resliant as a result. Good luck to your childs dancing journey and enjoy every minute xx

1 hour ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I thought along similar lines. It’s great that Elmhurst did actually run auditions, but there are so many factors that made this different to a ‘normal’ audition. Same with the way RBS are running their JA auditions via video.... In a normal audition, they all disappear off into the same room, and are exposed to exactly the same conditions, and its all very equal and fair (except maybe when they separate the older children and the younger ones within the same year group). But this year, there are a million different factors every child will be exposed to. My DS has to dance on carpet for the first time, we had to close all the windows so he could hear properly, but it was ridiculously hot in the house. There were space issues, and so many distractions out of his control. Not to mention poor internet speed and broken sound. Every child who auditioned should feel incredibly proud for doing so under very unique and challenging conditions.

Couldn't agree more.. we spent the whole week testing, buying LAN cables, sorting a suitable place etc etc but when it came to audition day it was so hot and my DD seemed to forget she was on Zoom at times! She kept taking out loud 🙄 looking at me, got on the wrong foot so many times... I just don't think after so much prep her head was quite where it should be, so she has learnt a few valuable lessons 🤣🤣 one being to remain focussed and remember she's in an audition for even though she's at home! 🤣 strange times we live in but all forms the great tapestry of life! Congratulations to you DS hope he enjoys every minute 😊

11 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Couldn't agree more.. we spent the whole week testing, buying LAN cables, sorting a suitable place etc etc but when it came to audition day it was so hot and my DD seemed to forget she was on Zoom at times! She kept taking out loud 🙄 looking at me, got on the wrong foot so many times... I just don't think after so much prep her head was quite where it should be, so she has learnt a few valuable lessons 🤣🤣 one being to remain focussed and remember she's in an audition for even though she's at home! 🤣 strange times we live in but all forms the great tapestry of life! Congratulations to you DS hope he enjoys every minute 😊

That’s very kind. Thank you! And best of luck to you DD for her academic year in ballet 😊 🩰 Though he had his fair share of problems also, and enough went ‘wrong’ for him to feel it didn’t go well. He started nearly everything on the wrong foot. His brain seemed to see left but hear right, and confused him the whole time. It felt more like The Krypton Factor at times.

1 minute ago, BalletBoysDad said:

That’s very kind. Thank you! And best of luck to you DD for her academic year in ballet 😊 🩰 Though he had his fair share of problems also, and enough went ‘wrong’ for him to feel it didn’t go well. He started nearly everything on the wrong foot. His brain seemed to see left but hear right, and confused him the whole time. It felt more like The Krypton Factor at times.

Well absolute credit it to him he got through it and got in, fun year ahead!

Thankyou,  she's looking forward to it, more so RBS JAs year 6 do pirrouettes haha.. I love her view of the world! She was moved up in Ballet Boost to lower mids and her main excitement was needing to get a new uniform leotard as it's a different colour!! She's nuts but wouldn't have it any other way 😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LilyLongLegs said:

It was definitely an experience for all no matter the outcome 😂 especially us parents/carers! Trying to do a zoom audition in a caravan awning in the wilds of Devon on a mobile phone with no ballet leotard or shoes was an experience not to be repeated! 🤤

Wow you were really up against it, all credit to her and you for doing it! amazing 😊 x

Looking back with the benefit of hindsight probably shouldn't have done it but was the only option available and she desperately wanted to try. She felt the audition went well all considering so at least it was a positive experience for her despite the not yet! 😍

Edited by LilyLongLegs
Spelling
  • Like 2

I agree it's all a massive learning curve and also life lessons. My parents were cautious about my DD auditioning as they said what if she doesn't get a place - in my opinion she needs to learn that sometimes it's a no but then other times it's a yes. The industry is tough so i think they'll be many knocks along the way. It may sound really harsh but i think the world of dance is to.

I've enjoyed the support we've all given each other here. We've shared highs and lows as well as helping each other with tips etc. Thank you to you all and well done to all the parents - we all smashed it regardless of outcomes 👏 xx

• Like 4