Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Perhaps you should email and ask whether year 5 for Birmingham are Auditioning this weekend It would Be awful if your DD missed her audition.  I hope you clarify what’s happening.

Yeah good advice... I emailed them late last night over my photo panic and they replies this morning.. so they should get back to you fairly quickly xx

14 hours ago, BellaF said:

Still no email re Sunday 😩

Am a little stressed about having enough space for DD to dance in. Is there any mention of it in the info you have? Hope they get something out to us soon.

Morning, I received the email about my DD Sunday audition just after 8pm last night. Has yours come through now? We are grp 4.

14 minutes ago, BalletmumH said:

Morning, I received the email about my DD Sunday audition just after 8pm last night. Has yours come through now? We are grp 4.

Yes finally have the info - phew!

Good luck for Sunday 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glowlight said:

Are there curtains over the window you could draw? That might give a better view than having her silhouetted against the light.  

If not we can pray for a dull day for you! 

No curtains - we're doing a big renovation/extension on the house and haven't got round to putting any up. Will see what I can fashion!

On 06/08/2020 at 18:35, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Yes I agree, although though there were tears of frustration over her English youth Ballet video audition, she had the lovely news she's been offered a place, so was worth the stress... I think 😂😂

3 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Good luck everyone 🥰👏xx

Yep good luck everyone x

8 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Do you know when we find out? 

I know that some auditioning for year 7 last Saturday found out late Monday night! 

Did you DC have to take their shoes off at any point? Have the sock glue ready for tomorrow but worried about using if they do. 

27 minutes ago, BalletmumH said:

How is each child identified? The email says to put their name in on zoom (I've never done this before for her regular classes), doesn't mention identifying them by a number or putting anything on their leotard. Is that right? 

You change the screen name to your childs first name x

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

I know that some auditioning for year 7 last Saturday found out late Monday night! 

Did you DC have to take their shoes off at any point? Have the sock glue ready for tomorrow but worried about using if they do. 

No they didn't ask for shoes to be removed.

My DD enjoyed it towards the end as she was so nervous to begin with. Good luck everyone auditioning tomorrow xx

59 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

No they didn't ask for shoes to be removed.

My DD enjoyed it towards the end as she was so nervous to begin with. Good luck everyone auditioning tomorrow xx

Thank you! 

Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed it 😊 Do you mind me asking what sort of stretches / exercises they had to do? Though will probably be a bit different for year 5. 

Fingers crossed it's a short wait for you all x

Just now, BellaF said:

Bit of a disaster for DD 😩

She went wrong on a couple of exercises and just didn't feel she performed well. Oh well - CBA and JAs still to come!

Don't be worrying hun I'm she still done well. 

I don't feel like my DD gave it her best either she just didn't seem to be in the zone if you know what I mean ?? Either way it's all experience and doing them via zoom isn't the best situation for them. Don't lose hope !! Xx

My DD is the same. She really didn’t like the live zoom aspect, couldn’t hear the teacher or the music properly at times (especially when she (the teacher) took off her microphone), and found it quite off putting that there were different age groups in the same class. I could see her getting increasingly wound up and couldn’t do anything about it!! 

Edited by Whiteduvet

5 minutes ago, BalletmumH said:

My DD really enjoyed the audition today. It went well for the most part and I'm happy she had a good time. It was great to watch the audition! They said we will know the outcome by the end of the week so we will wait and see.

what year was she auditioning for?