Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

And you ❤ 

Yep every Sunday.. I think it's Sunday because  RBS JAs are every Saturday, avoids clash for those who do both xx

I'm pretty sure that Young Dancer is on a Saturday but at a different time to JAs so children can do both? May well be wrong though!

Got our email today... starting to regret letting DD have a relaxed summer as certainly not audition ready 🙈

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I'm pretty sure that Young Dancer is on a Saturday but at a different time to JAs so children can do both? May well be wrong though!

Got our email today... starting to regret letting DD have a relaxed summer as certainly not audition ready 🙈

Hi for Plymouth it's Sunday for Elmhurst and Saturday for RBS JAs 😊 least that's what it was 

I'm sure your DD will be ok, they must know we've all been out of the studios lol, well I'm hoping so 😂

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi for Plymouth it's Sunday for Elmhurst and Saturday for RBS JAs 😊 least that's what it was 

I'm sure your DD will be ok, they must know we've all been out of the studios lol, well I'm hoping so 😂

Ah I see! Ignore me 😂

I'm hoping that the panels will be kind but have flashes of all the amazing dancers DD follows on instagram who just seem to have gotten better over lockdown 😩 zoom classes didn't suit her and motivation has definitely taken a hit.

5 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Ah I see! Ignore me 😂

I'm hoping that the panels will be kind but have flashes of all the amazing dancers DD follows on instagram who just seem to have gotten better over lockdown 😩 zoom classes didn't suit her and motivation has definitely taken a hit.

No zoom didn't suit everyone. I don't look on Instagram lol, for that reason. Not sure how it's going to work on Zoom, it will be an experience, that's for sure! 😂 and it's all good experience for our children too.

28 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

No zoom didn't suit everyone. I don't look on Instagram lol, for that reason. Not sure how it's going to work on Zoom, it will be an experience, that's for sure! 😂 and it's all good experience for our children too.

Absolutely 😂 normal auditions would have much better suited DD (the pressure definitely helps her perform) but at least it's something!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just got the email too! My daughter is going to bbo scholars once a month on a Sunday...does anyone know would the Birmingham class be on a Saturday or Sunday? Would she be allowed to miss once a month to attend this scheme if she got in? X 

19 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone, just got the email too! My daughter is going to bbo scholars once a month on a Sunday...does anyone know would the Birmingham class be on a Saturday or Sunday? Would she be allowed to miss once a month to attend this scheme if she got in? X 

I'm almost certain that it's Saturdays - eye wateringly early for anyone who has to travel for year 4 and 5 😂

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

Little of topic but can anyone recommend ballet socks that actually stay up? Just realised we are audition unprepared! 

We never found socks that would stay up but my elder DD's JS teacher insisted all the children in her classes use 'sock glue' which did the trick.  My younger DD now uses this too and a small group of her EYD friends have followed suit.  It is easily purchases from Amazon and I'd recommend you put a packet of wet wipes in the dance bag to rub it off with after class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi has anyone had any info yet about the year 6 zoom auditions on Saturday? X

I emailed today as I was worried they hadn’t received my email as not had a reply.  They emailed back and said details and the link to the audition should be sent out in the next few days.

11 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Which email address did you use? X

I emailed the lady who sent the email not the young dancer email address today.  I replied to accept the audition on the Young dancer email address.

Edited by Ballet Dreams

1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Good point, not sure. I wonder how many will be in the zoom class and what they will have to do x

Can't be too many right as they wouldn't be able to see properly on Zoom? Though thinking about it I bet they'll record and review at a later date so who knows!

My DD is group 1 9:30 Sunday - she's an October birthday going for a year 5 place.

13 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I've just had an email with the information for Saturday including the link for the zoom class audition xx

Off to check my inbox...

EDIT: Nothing for us yet 😩

Edited by BellaF