Elmhurst Young Dancer auditions 2020

Dancingsantosisters

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

Oooh good luck! I have no idea how many applicants there were or how many places there might be but certainly seems like there were quite a few auditioning! 

Good luck too! Yes, I got the sense there were quite a lot auditioning, and no idea I’d the statistics involved. I’ve always presumed RBS JA’s hover around a 1-in-10 chance for the bigger centres, but have never really asked or researched the Elmhurst statistics. Regardless of the outcome, the waiting is never particularly a pleasure is it 😬

1 minute ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Good luck too! Yes, I got the sense there were quite a lot auditioning, and no idea I’d the statistics involved. I’ve always presumed RBS JA’s hover around a 1-in-10 chance for the bigger centres, but have never really asked or researched the Elmhurst statistics. Regardless of the outcome, the waiting is never particularly a pleasure is it 😬

Nope I cannot say I am enjoying the waiting game 😂

We are assuming a no as it's first time but doesn't stop me constantly refreshing my emails!!

6 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

Nope I cannot say I am enjoying the waiting game 😂

We are assuming a no as it's first time but doesn't stop me constantly refreshing my emails!!

This was also the first Elmhurst audition for my DS as we’ve only just relocated to the Midlands, so we didn’t apply for Y4. Wether there are many spaces available is probably anyone’s guess. I just hope we get to know he outcome this side of the weekend. 

1 minute ago, BalletBoysDad said:

This was also the first Elmhurst audition for my DS as we’ve only just relocated to the Midlands, so we didn’t apply for Y4. Wether there are many spaces available is probably anyone’s guess. I just hope we get to know he outcome this side of the weekend. 

Same here! We only moved here in July from the South so sounds like we are in a similar boat! 

Fingers crossed they come through soon 🤞

Just now, Candycakes82 said:

It is a yes for us too!! See you at Elmhurst 👏🥳🎉

Congratulations! 🥳 Is this for a DS or DD? I’m so pleased, because my son got SWL for RBS London last year, and felt really disappointed when it turned into nothing. This audition wasn’t particularly easy. I know it sounds strange, it was the first time he had to dance on carpet, the sound wasn’t great, and we didn’t have the hugest space. Was expecting a no so it’s a really pleasant surprise! 

Just now, Dancingsantosisters said:

Congratulations to you all 👏🎊... no news yet on y6 😔. I'm thinking tomorrow now xx

Thank you, so kind. I did read someone say Y7 and Y8 had been announced, so I was very surprised to see Y5 announced before Y6. Hoping everyone hears this side of the weekend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Congratulations! 🥳 Is this for a DS or DD? I’m so pleased, because my son got SWL for RBS London last year, and felt really disappointed when it turned into nothing. This audition wasn’t particularly easy. I know it sounds strange, it was the first time he had to dance on carpet, the sound wasn’t great, and we didn’t have the hugest space. Was expecting a no so it’s a really pleasant surprise! 

Mine is for a DD and I totally agree that it wasn't an easy audition at all! Great news for them both ☺️😊☺️

• Like 1

I'm actually quite glad I wasn't on this forum when my DD was doing associate auditions.  Knowing that some results are on their way must be particularly nerve racking.

Congratulations to those who have good news.

Commiserations to those who don't have good news this time.

Good luck to those still waiting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BellaF said:

It’s a yes for year 5 Birmingham for us too! Very surprised after the audition catastrophe 😊

Fingers crossed those waiting for year 6 results hear soon! 

Congratulations 🥳 I really did think it was a challenging audition, especially in the home environment. I don’t envy any of the children going through this zoom audition process. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, glowlight said:

I'm actually quite glad I wasn't on this forum when my DD was doing associate auditions.  Knowing that some results are on their way must be particularly nerve racking.

Congratulations to those who have good news.

Commiserations to those who don't have good news this time.

Good luck to those still waiting.

I had very mixed feelings about participating in this forum this year. I used it for the first time last year when applying for RBS JA’s. My son got SWL and it came to nothing. It’s a strange mix of successes and disappointments. But I also appreciate most people are having a shared experience of anticipation and anxiety. After disappointment last year, it’s great to have some good news. But I also share the disappointment of those who don’t get the outcome they would have preferred.