Zoom Lessons - Royal Ballet Dancers

BigTicket

Like most, I have dancing kids at home scouring the net trying to find free classes etc to ease the pain of not dancing.

I had purchased audition leotards and shoes from a small outfit in the past called ‘devoted to dance’ so follow him on insta/Facebook etc. and noticed a post offering zoom classes with Royal Ballet dancers????

My girls follow several RBS girls (he deals with lots of vocational dancers) and also saw posts confirming this so I delved further?...
While not free but chargeable, he told me Camille Bracher was teaching along with Natalia Osipova?

Within 5 mins my two were booked in with Natalia for £12.50 in a class of 12 for an hour?...

I know him to be modest with no dance background but OSIPOVA 😱

This last Saturday my two had the most amazing class (Natalia delightful) and I’d recommend it to anyone.

For the cost of a pair of shoes, mine had a once in a lifetime experience!!!

Still pinching myself.....

• Like 11

Quick W.... was that £12.50 each or for both? 

I can actually see ‘names’ keeping on with this after lockdown as could be a nice little extra earner & way to establish themselves in teaching for a post dance career....

• Like 1

My girls have also done a couple of these classes organised through Devoted to Dance, and they absolutely loved them too - such a brilliant memory for them to make of their time dancing in lockdown 😀

Edited by TwoDancers

‘Devoted to Dance’ has some great contacts and is very generous in sharing these. DD has had school based classes, so has not been able to join in, but there are some fab opportunities. 

That sounds wonderful.

For the going rate of a 1:1 piano lesson my son had a zoom private piano lesson with a west end musical director.  We unfortunately missed out on the small group musical direction session with the current Broadway MD of Hamilton as it sold out.

• Like 1

How wonderful for your daughters!  Definitely worth every penny!  Osipova came to Israel to dance Giselle with the Israel Ballet Company and in a lovely gesture gave a class for students.  There must have been anout 40 or 50 students in all, but the company studio is really enormous!   I was privileged to be able to watch and she was amazing!!!!!   Her corrections were brilliant, lovely exercises and she herself was so sweet and unpretentious- we all became instant groupies!   You can see her at the moment in Anastasia on the Royal Opera House youtube site.  So beautiful!  

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 14:04, TwoDancers said:

My girls have also done a couple of these classes organised through Devoted to Dance, and they absolutely loved them too - such a brilliant memory for them to make of their time dancing in lockdown 😀

Are these girls only, or also suitable for boys?

edit: typo

Edited by Boys_can_dance

My son, Charlie, attends classes through devoted to dance regularly and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Scott, who runs the internet side is really helpful and very kind. Classes are excellent and feedback quality good. He starts rbs in September and his regular dance school is offering no online tuition so I have done a lot of hunting around and the classes through Devoted are great.

• Like 1