Join me for... A Night At The Ballet! - 28th March

Just to clarify, everyone - it's the 28th I'm proposing! That's next Saturday

Glad people have enjoyed a dry run though!! :)

Would an admin mind adding the date to the title, so people don't think they've missed out? 

Edited by BristolBillyBob
  • Like 2

• alison changed the title to Join me for... A Night At The Ballet! - 28th March
12 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Well something really special happened tonight and was the reason I chose to watch Casanova again rather than the RDB Napoli.

Tonight in Leeds should have been Hannah Bateman's valedictory performance after 18 years with the company.  

Hannah Bateman was in some of the earliest performances I saw by Northern Ballet and was a tremendous dancer. I would usually book plenty in advance and it was always her and Martha Leebolt I'd keep my fingers crossed for every rime. Do you know what she's going on to do next?

2 hours ago, BristolBillyBob said:

Hannah Bateman was in some of the earliest performances I saw by NortDo you know what she's going on to do next?

Not sure for definite but she is one of the driving forces behind The Ballet Retreat which hold workshops for adult dancers.  She's also a Mum.

Hi all. 

Don't forget, tomorrow is...

'A Night At The Ballet'

Special Performance for Our Honoured Guests From Balletcoforum by the 

Living Room Ballet Company

at the

Your Television Theatre

Hope to see lots of you there! :)  (and if you've no idea what I'm on about, do skip back to the first post in the thread for details!)

Don't forget: I'll start a NEW thread on the forum for the evening at 7.00 sharp tomorrow evening. If you can't see it on the site, I'll also post a link here. 

Looking forward to it immensely. Some people suggested a few of us could watch the same thing, so by all means do that if you'd like. I've just taken out a trial of Marquee TV (one month free) so will likely look for something on there, and had my eye on Alice's Adventures In Wonderland. I might be persuaded to something else that might also be of interest to my still relatively new-to-the-artform girlfriend. :D 

• Like 1

I've just been playing around with Marquee TV. Not a comprehensive offering on there from a dance perspective, but certainly plenty to be getting through in a 30 day trial. The quality seems pretty good. @Jan McNulty - I notice NB's 1984 is on there, which I'm particularly excited by! We're going for Alice's... tonight, but Northern Ballet is definitely my choice for next time (assuming it goes well!). 

Edited by BristolBillyBob

Only just seen this.  Sadly, this evening my other half has other ideas as to what we shall be watching.  Unless I decide to watch something on Youtube alone.  In which case I made a suggestion on the other thread about what dance we might like to see on tv......

I might join you for a post production glass of something, though. 🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Raising a glass to all Ballet Forum members as we await the opening of the ROH  auditorium for La Bayadere: looking forward to  a wonderful cast that includes Nunez, Osipova, Muntagirov, Whitehead, Campbell, Choe, Naghdi and Takada.

Cheers.jpg.85a3ff1d55317dc1b70b4df8fb3d0132.jpg...hoping everyone is keeping well and in good spirits..!

I've started an event thread over at https://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/22429-live-event-thread-balletcoforums-virtual-event-a-night-at-the-ballet-on-now/ :)

I’m doing a “ballet of the day” from my DVD collection. Yesterday was EXCELSIOR. Today it’s a deep dive into Yakobsen’s SHURALE...the 1980 Kirov film with Terekhova, then the recent-ish  Mariinsky revival with Obraztsova/Matvienko then, to cap things off,  this season’s Mezzo Live HD telecast from Kazan in Tatarstan...a somewhat shortened version (omitting dances for children) BUT gorgeously filmed, with bright designs. Why on earth doesn’t the Mariinsky tour this ballet internationally? It is my favorite ballet of the Soviet era, for music, designs, corps  & solo dancing, etc. The Kirov-Mariinsky’s secret gem.

Edited by Jeannette