Any news for NYB 2020?

PrancingMum

I contacted them a month ago to ask when audition dates would be available and was told it will be into the new year.  Sorry this doesn't answer your question.  I got the impression they were not as far ahead in planning than previous years.  Have they appointed a new Director yet?  I haven't seen anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on NYB from a friend who works in the industry.  He told me that they advertised back in the summer for someone to undertake a three month review, starting in October, to look at their strategy and prepare a report to inform a business plan for some new ways of working (his words from what he remembered of the original advert).  This ties in with the information from NYB when they said there will be news come mid-January.  Looks like there might be some changes afoot.

• 2 weeks later...

I was forwarded this recently https://dancingopportunities.com/national-youth-ballet-executive-director-manager/  Unfortunately the link with the brief is no longer available.  My friend and I have had a "reading between the lines" conversation on this and came to any number of conclusions as the what the outcome might be.

Anyone have any further insight?

Edited by junedancer

The deadline was a good while back so hopefully someone is quietly in post doing said strategic consultancy role to move it on ever upwards! 

But someone must know who this is & how things are progressing as surely they are visibly out there talking to relevant important industry people & influencers? 

1 hour ago, Peanut68 said:

The deadline was a good while back so hopefully someone is quietly in post doing said strategic consultancy role to move it on ever upwards! 

But someone must know who this is & how things are progressing as surely they are visibly out there talking to relevant important industry people & influencers? 

You would have thought so.  As @Newdancermum noted in her post Sadler's Wells is already booked on the usual Sundays in August/September.  We have been looking at summer schools and there isn't much time between their senior and junior courses for NYB to go in there.  I would need to check last year's diary to see if the days are the same.  Looks liek we may be seeing some changes. 

7 hours ago, junedancer said:

I was forwarded this recently https://dancingopportunities.com/national-youth-ballet-executive-director-manager/  Unfortunately the link with the brief is no longer available.  My friend and I have had a "reading between the lines" conversation on this and came to any number of conclusions as the what the outcome might be.

Anyone have any further insight?

A  pity the brief is no longer available but as you say reading between the line leads to all manner of speculation as to what possible changes might be in the planning.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 01:31, Newdancermum said:

A  pity the brief is no longer available but as you say reading between the line leads to all manner of speculation as to what possible changes might be in the planning.

I did find the brief and it didn't sound like there would be big changes and the direction of travel is most likely linked to tapping into available funding by developing their outreach activities and by running additional money earning ventures.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:52, Yrosered said:

Announcement tomorrow according to insta...

So it's past 5 o'clock - I take it we will not know today?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://nationalyouthballet.org/take-part/dancers/

I cannot find any hard & fast info either & many of the ‘read more’ links go to what appears to be the same copy as last year....yet the main new info announcement suggests new & different format....so wondering if indeed those links are current for this year or not? 

eg. It states returning again for 10 day residential to Elmhurst.... is this the case for 2020? 

I’m sure lots of us are desperate to get dates of auditions & any possible commitments as it is a truly rewarding experience! 

The Artistic Director position is still listed under their current vacancies too....

🤞🏻we know more soon!

Edited by Peanut68
Typo

18 minutes ago, Marconcini said:

They do have info up. And sadly it says there’s no summer course this year. 😭

Just clocked the FAQs - what a shame! This is the first year DD would have been old enough.

Was expecting more information than we've got if I'm honest... Feels like they were planning to share audition dates etc.today but for whatever reason couldn't, so put up the FAQs as holder.

Oh, that's very disappointing. Much as it will be nice not to spend my summer holiday in Birmingham (great city, but not very summer holidayish) the summer will feel flat without NYB. My teen has done the last two seasons and they were incredible experiences. She learned a lot, made some great friends and had the unforgettable opportunity to dance at Sadlers Wells. I hope they don't take too long a hiatus because it really is a unique summer school. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marconcini said:

They do have info up. And sadly it says there’s no summer course this year. 😭

Ah it's a shame! Even the auditions had become part of our spring term routine - such a positive atmosphere and lovely experience. Hopefully they'll restart it next year...

12 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Am also bemused why old info & only old photos on site.... surely any one in place in Strategic marketing/consultancy role would ensure up to date accurate info no 1 priority.....

I agree, it's not very easy to find and puzzling why the whole thing wasn't updated! If you go to the Take Part drop-down list, then Current Season, you will find the FAQ page with a notice about it all.

Yes, see this now, thank you.

Gutted for all those hoping to take part this year....

Hope there are some good masterclasses all can attend...
my theory is it hinges on getting the ideal Artistic Director on place as this role appears still to be vacant 

• Like 1