Royal Ballet Winter 2012-2013 Booking

Booking this morning for the Royal Ballet Friends priority Winter Period I felt that the system had taken a step backwards after the last two much improved experiences. Getting in was more difficult as I logged in and out and in again before finding my way to the booking page. There was no waiting room and this quite confused me. I missed the comfort of knowing that I was in the right place.

Eventually I did find the first event to book, but then on clicking on 'Continue Shopping' I was taken to a general what's on page and it was only when I used the Calendar, leafing through from September as far as February or March and clicking the relevant day, that I could continue booking. After that all went swimmingly and I had booked five events, paid and logged out within about 15 minutes all in. So by missing the waiting room it was overall a much better experience after all, leaving me with an idle hour or so and time to post this!

Regarding ticket availability the choice was not quite what I wanted but reasonable. Arthur Pita's 'Metamorphosis' in the Linbury seemed to be selling fast and one could not choose a specific seat, just area and price, and I ended up somewhere in a corner I think.

Just finished booking and it was not good at all. Got into the site with no trouble, got seats I wanted and then there was an error on trying to purchase. After a long wait I got through to a very helpful box office asssitant who managed to get all my seats back. I did, however, have a problem with the Linbury seats as there were only odd ones left for the date I wanted.

I hope they can solve this problem, which apparently was happening in period 1 though it did not affect me. Not a good morning apart from the very helpful box office staff member.

Margaret

Gaaargghhh after being stuck in a meeting until 11.30 I was left with almost no stalls circle standing (got one Onegin), but managed reasonable tickets for a birthday trip to Onegin with my family, and reasonable Metamorphosis. I'll be leaving the rest until public booking/day tickets I think...

I had a long irritating experience this morning although the problem could be my computer or me, everything was okay except a recurring problem after clicking on "Buy", either the general plan came up and I could continue with "amphi" or it didn't, I just got a blank screen and had to try again and again, then I nearly ran out of time so had to go to the payment section quickly, then had to do another booking, took about 45 minutes. No other problems, the Rojo/Polunin performances were selling very quickly indeed :) had to pay a bit extra.

Anne - I only managed to book 1 (SC standing) - it hasn't arrived yet.

What rotten luck! We always suspect they release these precious SCS tickets in dribs and drabs over a few days, but unless you can sit at your computer 24 hours a day you probably won't be lucky enough to spot them when they appear.

I didn't have much luck with SCS this time either - nor on the phone, which is unusual - so I've spent far more than I can afford just to get *something*.

But thanks for reassuring me I'm not alone in still waiting for tickets to arrive.

Have you checked the confirmation? I recall a while back that box office collection was the default setting for online bookings.

The default is now the billing address. If you want to change it to box office collection, you have to click on 'edit' when it first comes up. I keep forgetting to do that and have repeatedly had to phone the Box Office to get them to change it for me. I much prefer to pick up my tickets in person, especially when there are a lot of them. When they're posting them they sometimes put too many in the envelope and it comes unstuck!

Edited by Bluebird

I still haven't received mine, glad to know I'm not alone, taking so long I could have picked them up at the Box Office next week.

I've actually been waiting in because the postman will keep putting letters half in and half out of the letterbox!

The default is now the billing address. If you want to change it to box office collection, you have to click on 'edit' when it first comes up. I keep forgetting to do that and have repeatedly had to phone the Box Office to get them to change it for me. I much prefer to pick up my tickets in person, especially when there are a lot of them. When they're posting them they sometimes put too many in the envelope and it comes unstuck!

Thanks Bluebird. I wasn't sure, so I thought it would be useful for people to check to be on the safe side. I complained about the envelope issue and now our tickets are set out in a bigger envelope!

Anyone know how many Stalls Circle standing tickets were released for online Friends booking?

Today Friends were able to buy extra tickets for the Period 2 performances.

Given the scarcity of Stalls Circle Standing tickets during the initial Priority Booking period and also given the fact that the allocation of tickets this time had been very generous, I was extremely surprised to find that there were a number of SCS tickets available this afternoon for some Onegin performances.

I have no way of knowing when these tickets were released as it is at least 2 weeks since I last checked but it does seem very strange that they weren't available when Friends did their initial booking.

Today Friends were able to buy extra tickets for the Period 2 performances.

Given the scarcity of Stalls Circle Standing tickets during the initial Priority Booking period and also given the fact that the allocation of tickets this time had been very generous, I was extremely surprised to find that there were a number of SCS tickets available this afternoon for some Onegin performances.

I have no way of knowing when these tickets were released as it is at least 2 weeks since I last checked but it does seem very strange that they weren't available when Friends did their initial booking.

As we've long suspected, the ROH releases these SCS tickets over a period of time after Friends' booking opens - but the timing is rather random, it would seem!

Incidentally, Onegin was the one programme I managed to book SCS tickets for on the day - there was nothing for the other programmes.

I exchanged emails with Susan Fisher the day after Friends booking. - She confirmed that on Friends booking day some performances had no SC standing available - as higher Friends had booked them all. - For last booking period the allowance was very generous.- She gave no indication that tickets would be released prior to Public Booking.

I exchanged emails with Susan Fisher the day after Friends booking. - She confirmed that on Friends booking day some performances had no SC standing available - as higher Friends had booked them all. - For last booking period the allowance was very generous.- She gave no indication that tickets would be released prior to Public Booking.

So the moral of this story is that in order to get cheap tickets you have to fork out £1600 + (or something like that) to be a "higher friend". Strange system!

• 2 weeks later...