Dance bag recommendations?

Actsingdance

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How big? My dd has so much kit for her Associate classes that she now uses this because the physio told her off for carrying a heavy bag:

http://www.capeziodanceeu.com/en/item_detailBC/5/Accessories/50/Bags/A0000B38/Trolley-Duffle-Bag-

It's black with red lining and has been brilliant so far.

If you don't want wheels she also had this: http://www.planetdancedirect.co.uk/prod7.asp?ID=144&sub_cat=512&sub_cat2=142&offset=&prod_id=8535

I quite like that one 2dancers but the list does say they have to be black or dark coloured with no bright or sparkly logos.

She wants something that she can manage to carry around but will fit all her stuff and be hard wearing for daily use.

That's why I linked to an alternative: http://www.planetdancedirect.co.uk/prod7.asp?ID=144&sub_cat=512&sub_cat2=142&offset=&prod_id=8535

No wheels and comes in plain black if you don't even want pink trim.

My DD uses this bag for her day to day ballet classes & I must say it's brill. It's a great size, strong material & has good sized compartments that easily fits all of her leotards, shoes, track suit, hair things etc in... Highly recommend!

Edited by Tippy_Toes
  • Like 1

If you can get "Le Sport" - I heartily recommend it.

It's available at the "Le Sport" site and also on Amazon.   I used mine literally for decades and found it virtually indestructible. 

If you go to the Le Sport site - don't be put off by the colors - go to the "shop by color" category and choose black  - or whatever.

My bag looked something like this:

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7185_M049.html

The material is light weight, has lots of side pockets, can be washed and survived almost 30 years of heavy use without ever tearing or any other problem.  In fact, when I finally retired and emptied it out - it was still in perfect working order (which is more than I can say for me).

Le Sport comes in a huge variety of styles, sizes and colors.

• Like 3

Why are they not allowed wheels then?

I say this as carrying heavy bags around is not that good for the back etc.....even if they are young!

As an ordinary but in last ten years peripatetic teacher I don't know why I didn't discover wheels a lot earlier such a relief on the shoulder!

Perhaps it's something to do with wheels in the interior of the building she will be using but I can't see a good reason for not allowing them really.

Hi Actsingdance

I think I read in another thread that your dd is going to Hammond.

Don't stress too much about dance bags , they do state dark but anything seems to go. My girls have gone through so many bags over the last few years.

They don't have to carry dance kit around as they have lockers and the wheeled bags are frowned because of health and safety.

• Like 1

I like the Bloch one too, a couple of girls at DD's school have it :)

The Capezio transition duffle is an option if no wheels are allowed - it's a bag with two carry handles, but converts to a rucksack too, which is a better way to carry a bag for your back (if worn properly on two shoulders!)

I have the Gaynor Minden rucksack which is all black and very roomy.

http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/bag

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want a cheap bag with lots of pockets but aren't worried about it being a dance brand I use a smallish sports bag that is really good. So many different ones but have a look at sports direct and the ladies nike varsity duffel bag. It comes in dark colours and mine fits all my school and dance stuff :)

DD has to carry vast amounts of kit around all day for college but refuses to use anything with any dance branding on at all. College like them to have backpacks...so having exhausted the high street (too small, not strong enough, too expensive, no way...etc...!!), I chanced upon a huge, canvas, khaki green rucksack on ebay, which was deemed to be completely acceptable (!!), was cheap, is incredibly strong and arrived very quickly from a lovely Korean supplier...(complete with complimentary socks and a charming note!!).....

Not sure I can post an ebay link here...but if anyone is interested, PM me and I will send you the details... :)

I quite like that one 2dancers but the list does say they have to be black or dark coloured with no bright or sparkly logos.

She wants something that she can manage to carry around but will fit all her stuff and be hard wearing for daily use.

I spoke to an 'old' parent who said actually they take all sorts of bags so try not to panic too much :)

That said..this http://www.capeziodanceeu.com/en/item_detailBC/5/Accessories/50/Bags/A0000B38/Trolley-Duffle-Bag- is a great bag which has a retractable handle for using out of school.

• Like 1

Bit late but just joined! My dance bag is brilliant although you've probably already seen it as its very popular. It's light, has plenty of pockets, is very durable, wipe clean and gorgeous! I have it in silver but it comes in black and pink!

http://www.pineapple.uk.com/category/Bags/3

It the first one on this page!

we have this one in black and it is fab and keeps very clean.  :)

• Like 1

For those that have the Capezio trolley bag, do you find it stable when full and pulling it on the wheels? We have had wheeled bags before that flip over at every little bump. Thinking it may be a good choice for DD.

My daughter has this bag and has spent the last 6 days wheeling it from our hotel across the underground and to the All England finals in London. It does tip occasionally but compared to lugging around all the kit she has in it, it has been fab! Would definitely replace it with an identical one when it wears out. She also uses it for class on a daily basis with the handle tucked in.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have been looking for a bag for a long time though that is suitable for a boy. Boys dance things seem to be very limited and all the dance bags I've seen are quite girly. ????

Edited by kcoom75
  • Like 1

Dd has that exact same bag. It's great, hard wearing & we've just even managed to pack it instead of a suitcase for summer school due to lack of space in the car (we're going camping)

The only downside to it is that loads of others have the same bag at her school so it's easy to bring the wrong one home or put your stuff in someone else's!

• Like 2