Planet Dance (website)

I don't know if I am allowed to do this but just want people to know the awful experience I have had with this site in the past couple of months!

When I first started ordering from there they were brilliant I was getting my order delivered the day after I placed it. However the past four times I have ordered something, I have had to email because after a week my items still haven't been dispatched. Each time they have emailed to say that although the website shows in stock the item is out of stock and won't be coming in till a later date, often offering an alternative which is not remotely like the item I ordered. The order I placed last week was really important as it was my jazz trainers I need for my modern exam on Friday!! Argh so annoying!! Needless to say I will be never using this company again. Just wanted to make people aware. Mods feel free to remove this if I shouldn't have posted.

Thank you, I've just ordered from a seller I've used before on eBay and they should be here Wednesday morning. Such a nightmare! Have sent a strongly worded email to planet dance on Saturday but am yet to receive a reply!!

I once had the same problem with Planet Dance so the following time I used them, I phoned to check whether the items were in stock. I placed an order with them a couple of months ago and both items arrived very speedily.

To be fair I have had occasional problems with Dance Direct and Porselli as well so the problem is not just limited to Planet Dance. My advice, if you ever need something urgently from any dancewear shop, is to phone and check stock directly.

• Like 1

Planet Dance were OK when I used them, but it was for something really basic (tights, perhaps). I have also had problems with Dance Direct not dispatching things and then saying they were out of stock.

I used Just Ballet a couple of times recently and I honestly cannot praise them enough. On one order I'd forgotten to specify a size, and a lovely lady rang me a couple of minutes after I placed my order to tell me and help sort out the sizing. The order came the very next day! It's always beautifully packaged too. 

• Like 2

Received an email back from them to say my money had been refunded. There wasn't even an apology or 'sorry for any inconvenience'!! Definitely need to sort out their customer service skills!

I have always found them very slow when ordering online, but if I have rung to order I have had very good quick service.

I've ordered leotards before that they say online are in stock, but in reality are made/ordered in to order. I think they should make this clear.

If the stock you order is Wear Moi then I think it's usually made to order? That's been our experience for boys' stuff. It's very annoying as you can't send it back then. Once they had changed the fabric and the sizing of a favourite top and we were stuck with this expensive top which ds won't wear.

Edited for a typo

Edited by amum/Cathy

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just come across this thread - I've had the same issues with Planet Dance for a long time. Whenever I ordered something it would take forever to arrive or something would be missing or wrong - and then when I contacted them to arrange for returns or exchanges they were awkward and unhelpful. The last time I ordered something online from them there was a leotard missing - I called to check and was told it was out of stock and they would be getting some within a few days, so I should have mine within a couple of weeks. I was in no hurry so that was fine with me. This was well over a year ago and I'm still waiting.....

Dance Direct is my favourite - they can be quite limited on stock depending on what brands you like, but they are very efficient with deliveries (I've spent a fair bit of money with them over the years I've been dancing). The Bloch website is also quite good, as is Move Dancewear. Just Ballet are very friendly to deal with, and eBay is great for getting stuff cheaply - but the deliveries can vary from fantastic to awful (it completely depends on who you order from).

I've always found Planet dance to be excellent too. 

I've had lots of problems with Dance Direct in the past including them refusing to refund a leotard which had only been tried on over tights. I only use Dance Direct for their tights now - anything else I always go elsewhere.

Looks like we have all had different experiences with different suppliers.

• Like 1

I have ordered from Planet Dance on many occasions as price is good but always they say an item in stock but when I ring to say where is my order an item is always out of stock (normally pointe shoes)! Why say it is in stock when it isn't! Dance Direct are always very good for me - order received very quickly!

I have ordered from Planet Dance on many occasions as price is good but always they say an item in stock but when I ring to say where is my order an item is always out of stock (normally pointe shoes)! Why say it is in stock when it isn't! Dance Direct are always very good for me - order received very quickly!

I find porseli dance wear (dancewear.co.uk) to be extremely good! DD had a leotard from Bloch which was £30 and once she grew out of it she found the exact same one on porseli in her size for £12!! The delivery is also very good and we have never had any problems what so ever with it!! Definitely reccomend it!