The Royal Ballet: Woolf Works, Spring 2015

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, quite a lot of people seem to concur with the kind of view expressed in the Telegraph but they are saying so rather than going into print on the Forum. Someone mentioned to me that it had become fashionable to like WW and it was therefore difficult to swim against the tide.

I seemed to be rather unfashionable amongst my group of friends in as much as i seemed to be the only one that liked his main body of work (with a couple of exceptions - me, disliking a couple; friends liking a couple). Seems to me, many people were reluctant to see WW - Ferri or no - except for opening night. Until the positive reveiws (on the whole) came in that is, and thence it all sold out pronto. I loved it, I can't deny, and many who weren't keen on McGregor's work, seem to have agreed in this instance.

• Like 2

Some good news, all while bearing in mind that nothing has been confirmed yet

* There is a comment on twitter that the possibility of recording the music for Woolf Works is being discussed https://twitter.com/TheRoyalBallet/status/603609916109008899

* It looks like there is a chance that Woolf Works will be revived in a future season https://twitter.com/TheRoyalBallet/status/603609599049011200

• Like 1

I wonder how the music would stand up on its own?

most of parts 1 and 3 would be great, Think you'd need lasers in the front room to get much out of the middle section though. But then, that's what the 'skip' button on the cd player is for...

• Like 1

That's good news, I wondered if the music would be recorded, I like some "minimalist" music, especially Philip Glass and now Max Richter, I keep hearing parts of I Now I Then in my head, which I think is the best section all round, would love to have a film of it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I would be asleep long before tuning in time, I like an early night. Apparently, Max can't sleep through music as he is too busy analyzing what he is hearing, but he can sleep through random noise. I can't quite remember the point of the exercise without re-watching the interview.