Rambert auditions

Guest Autumn days

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dancer2027

Hi osmum unfortunatley not :( My mum and I think we won't hear until at least the 1st week of May because they do not finish their auditions until April 20th.

It is horrible waiting but luckily I have other offers, however I am going to lose my deposit accepting another place if I later get a place at Rambert

Also what are these rumours about a second audition for waiting list people?

Good luck

Looks like we are in the 'same boat' flutterby. At least we do have an offer at a purely classical school but dd would prefer Rambert as it is all things to her. I hope your deposit isn't too much.

Haven't heard anything about reserves having to re audition, just that someone mentioned it on here.

Good luck to you to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dancer2027

I'm a bit stressed about rambert because I have another school offer which must accept by 16th may, If I accept and then withdraw for rambert I must pay a full terms fees, it is a crazy amount we cannot afford so if we do not hear from rambert by the first of second week I'm just going to have to let the place go if anything comes up afterwards which would be a real shame. Speaking to the school they are aware this situation effects many applicants...if so why wait so long until the final auditions when I have been holding a waiting list place since February, it just seems an avoidable situation in my opinion as all other ballet schools auditioned months ago!!

• Like 1

My dd is in the same predicament as you Flutterby, Rambert will be he right place for her the equal mix of contemp and classical. Her other offers (which we are agonising over) fees are way, way cheaper but this could be a false economy to pay if she is not getting the training she wants or needs. What to do.???

Guest dancer2027

Think the people waiting list offers, just need to sit tight for a month or so, will be interesting to hear if anyone knows of any offers made out to reserve candidates already. There seem to be many at the moment seems as if they are holding places out, but at what cost when people are losing money and they could potentially lose talented and hard working students to other schools due to finance reasons.

I think my patience is wearing a little in this process now, I just want to know what the situation will be next September so can start sorting accommodation and focus on exams!!

Think the people waiting list offers, just need to sit tight for a month or so, will be interesting to hear if anyone knows of any offers made out to reserve candidates already. There seem to be many at the moment seems as if they are holding places out, but at what cost when people are losing money and they could potentially lose talented and hard working students to other schools due to finance reasons.

I think my patience is wearing a little in this process now, I just want to know what the situation will be next September so can start sorting accommodation and focus on exams!!

Guest dancer2027

I have phoned up and rang twice now, once when we got the offer and again a week okay. They are aware of the situation and just apologise saying the director will make his decision when they know how many free spaces there are

• Like 1

Guest dancer2027

Rambert said anyone can have a look round the school even if they are on the waiting list. I do find it frustrating that during auditions the schools I have been to let the parents look round and not the dc, when ultimately it is the student who will potentially be going there every day but I suppose they run out of time in the process. Anyway I have booked in to look round in a few weeks, they were very friendly about it and it means if I do get an offer, probably won't but never know, then the decision on which school I want to go to can be made quickly

When my dd auditioned for Rambert last year and I was on the tour with parents (whilst dd was in audition) I actually raised this fact & said I thought it was sad that the students themselves didn't get a chance to see round and they said anyone was welcome to stay on after their audition and go on the tour with the afternoon group of parents. So if there is anyone on this forum still to audition for Rambert, just ask them. I agree, it's so important to be able to look round.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should be able to look around on the day.After all you are[or your parents are]a potential paying customer.It`s a two way street.It`s not just about if the school want you,but if you want the school also. 

• Like 1

I have to say that I think it is ridiculous not to let prospective students look around the school on their audition day. Surely this can be built into the day in some way without having to make a special appointment to return. After all the people auditioning the actual dancing don't have to be the ones to show students around this could be done by the current students I would have thought.

I think it was on this forum that I heard very good things about Tring in this respect with the older students showing others around and being very good at it!!

• Like 2

Guest dancer2027

Unfortunately it gets worse, as btuk don't even have a school built yet so we can't exactly look round a building site. It's hard to make these decisions with so little information haha

• Like 1

Guest dancer2027

Final rambert audition, I think, is Tuesday. Should be hearing within a couple of weeks on reserve places fingers crossed

Let's hope not Sballerina. Dd and I just want to know either way. Need to book flights from the other side of the world and every day we leave it it gets more difficult. Have emailed them and explained situation, they were very apologetic but we all just have to sit tight. have a couple of weeks befor I need to pay deposits at other schools. So that will be a crunch time

• Like 1

Guest dancer2027

Perhaps closing date is for DVD? It seems rather late, they must be trying to attract as many of the best dancers as possible

Regarding the Rambert audition on Monday - I might have to take one of my pupils down . Does anyone know the time of the audition , and the nearest station please ? The parent can't get the info up on her computer and I have only this little phone .

Can't help you with time of audition but have copied and pasted the directions for you if that helps?

By public transport: Take the mainline train or the underground to Richmond, then the H37 bus (towards Hounslow) from immediately outside the station, alighting at the St Margaret’s Drive stop. Turn right down St Margaret’s Drive and the School is on the left. The buses are scheduled to depart about every 10 minutes, and the journey should take about 15 minutes. There are usually taxis at Richmond Station. Alternatively, take a mainline train to St Margaret’s Station, from where it is about a 15 minute walk