Rambert auditions

Guest Autumn days

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Autumn days

Has anyone had any news, either way, from auditions after 24th? Do they send all the results from auditions to date out at the same time or do they tend to come out in bits an pieces a couple of weeks after each one?

Well done Lala, great that your dd has her first choice!!

• Like 1

no therefore assume it's a no. DD being stoic!

That is sad. Do we really consider that no reply means a rejection? Can you phone the school and ask if all the results have been sent out? I don't think it is nice or fair on students to be left wondering. I really can't imagine that their policy is to not reply to those they have not selected. Perhaps the letter (yes or no) has gone missing in the post.....?

• Like 1

Fantastic news Lala.  Hope your DD really enjoys Rambert.  It is my DD's first choice at the moment, but she has a couple of years to go yet. :)

To everyone waiting - good luck and fingers crossed.  It is the worst part of the whole process - waiting to hear.  :mellow:

• Like 1

I remember last year my "no" came in the post, but I know one person this year who has been offered a place and one reserve list, and they both came by email, so I think maybe they send letters to everyone and email to those who they are offering. Obviously then the emails arrive before the letters. 

This is purely theory and speculation though, and I don't know anyone who has heard from auditions after the 25th, so don't lose hope!

thank you.......oh well!!!

i did the 24th audition and didnt get to my solo or physio so assuming no place but still havent recieved my letter and was wondering aswell if they would just not contact people they dont want???

Guest Autumn days

I remember last year my "no" came in the post, but I know one person this year who has been offered a place and one reserve list, and they both came by email, so I think maybe they send letters to everyone and email to those who they are offering. Obviously then the emails arrive before the letters.

This is purely theory and speculation though, and I don't know anyone who has heard from auditions after the 25th, so don't lose hope!

Chasse, do you know many people that auditioned after 25th and did they get to do solos/ physio etc? Still trying to work out if they have worked through all auditions yet or just the first week!

Did the yes and reserve that ou know also get to do solo and interview/physio?

Sorry that you got a no - I hope you did get a place somewhere that you wanted!!

Edited to add a bit more.

Edited by mum in a spin

Chasse, do you know many people that auditioned after 25th and did they get to do solos/ physio etc? Still trying to work out if they have worked through all auditions yet or just the first week!

Did the yes and reserve that ou know also get to do solo and interview/physio?

Sorry that you got a no - I hope you did get a place somewhere that you wanted!!

Edited to add a bit more.

I know 8 people who auditioned the week after, some in each audition on the Monday and Tuesday, and out of those 3 got to do solo and physio/interview. As far as I know none of them have heard yet. The yes and the reserve both did solos and physio/interview, but I know another on the 25th who also did solo and physio/interview, and one who did just solo, and neither have heard yet. It's very confusing!

It might be of interest that my friend's brother auditioned quite a few years ago now, and she told me he just did his solo and wasn't asked to stay for physio/interview, but was offered a place, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Although he was very good - he was offered a place straight into second year of royal upper school which he accepted. 

Guest Autumn days

Chasse, thank you very much for sharing this information, it is helpful - as far as it can be as, as you say, it seems very confusing!!!

Guest dancer2027

Hi I have been offered a reserve place at rambert, it was good and bad news, obviously nice to know they liked me and considered me but even more waiting is horrible.

For those interested I did a solo physio and interview, I feel as though my contemporary let me down most as I don't have much experience in that area and was the only one who did a ballet solo. I know they want 50 50 dancers.

I spoke to the school who told me that they put waiting list places in order of when you auditioned and as I was the second day of auditions I am hopeful, has anyone else heard or been through this experience that could tell me what my chances are, I have places at other schools which I need to accept by may, but rambert is my first choice!

I know it is mere speculation and I am just being wishful now but I thought maybe as I was earlier in the audition process they may be holding back on offerring to too many people as to not fill up all their places, I know that they have auditions until April 20th! What do people think? Could it be they liked me but are waiting to see who comes next and if there are better people before they offer to me? Also I suppose that with other schools having their finals now, some with places may decline rambert and there will be availability, it is worrying as the registrar said you may not find out until august!!

Any support and advice would be much appreciated as I'm really not sure where I stand at the moment. Congratulations lala and to anyone else with offers! Sorry to anyone who got 'no' it is a truly harsh world and everyone deserves places because everyone works so hard! Good luck to anyone waiting for a result! Mine took 2 and half weeks to come!

• Like 3

Flutterby thank you for sharing all this with us.

Re this comment:

I spoke to the school who told me that they put waiting list places in order of when you auditioned and as I was the second day of auditions I am hopeful, has anyone else heard or been through this experience that could tell me what my chances are, I have places at other schools which I need to accept by may, but rambert is my first choice!

Do you think that that means the earlier you audition the more chance you have of being offered a place?

Rambert is DD first choice too thought will be a struggle to pay fees as we are not entitled to any help being Aussies.

Edited by osmum

Flutterby I hope it's good news for you very soon...

But what concerns me is that the waiting list is esembled according to when you audition if this indeed is the case then surely this should be made clear to all applying students so they can audition earlier rather than later... Seems an unfair system if it is true then people should be made aware of this!!

Flutterby I hope place becomes available, there is bound to be some reshuffling. Like others I am concerned if they are operating a first come first served approach to their waiting list though as this would disadvantage those auditioning later.

My understanding from when DDs friend auditioned is definitely not a first come first served approach to their waiting list.  It was more similar to flutterbys comments relating to not filling all the places in the earlier auditions but allowing for a more even spread of offers from all the auditions.  I have no first hand experience of the school, however.

• Like 1