Elmhurst extra audition date

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Autumn days

Dancing 10, is she definitely currently in year 10? Is she a UK student? I agree that it would be very hard to join a new school when they are half way through GCSE courses!!

I have known them make quite a few offers to UK students for year 11 places over the last few years. I know two girls personally and one turned them down but the other went and still did fantastically well in her GCSEs.

Well I emailed to ask for confirmation that they had our application and the email this morning said the selection process will take place over the next few days so perhaps that's just something they say or perhaps there will be more emails still to go out...

Did everyone get a confirmation email?? We didn't! Must have sent the form two to three weeks ago so am now stressing that they may not even have received it? Has anybody heard anything? Thanks

Hi Mumoffive.  We got a confirmation email a few days after I sent the application, but haven't heard anything else yet.  However I do always send thing recorded delivery as you often don't get confirmations from places.  Good luck with your application though.

Guest Autumn days

It does seem odd that only one person seems to have heard, especially as they have said that they will be making the selection soon. I am sure that they would have said that all those selected had already heard if that was the case.

I would probably be asking for time off from school and work anyway if I was waiting to hear on the understanding that if no audition is offered then things can change again!

Good luck everyone 

Hello everybody, just got an email from Elmhurst and unfortunately my dd hasn't been offered to join the audition :(

Oh, I assumed if it was a "no thanks" that you just wouldn't hear anything at all.  Still no email here but guessing it will be unlikely as she would be going into Y11.

It was a no for my daughter for year 8 but asked to see her in 2014 intake auditions and would I like to keep her application with them, did any one else get this email. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Yes curious got the same e-mail and we asked to be considered for 2014.

DD not too disappointed as she said she needed more time to get prepared.

Are you applying again. Good luck for our girls>

Hi All

It was a no for us for Yr9 but we have been asked if they can keep our application for 2014, and when I confirmed that was okay, got an email back in 4 minutes saying they were happy to do so.  Good luck for those auditioning.  I am glad to have my dd home for at least another year, and won't have the dilema of the mad dash to get to Oliver! first night.

Well done and the very best of luck to those who have been selected to audition!

I'm glad that Elmhurst is sending rejections with the suggestion of keeping the applications on file and I hope that this will soften the blow.

Can the application fee be carried over as well as the application form itself? Obviously the application form details may need to be updated and I assume that updated photos will be required? Good luck to everyone who got a 'no' this time and whose application is being kept on file for 2014 ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have just heard of another RBS JA boy I think from Bristol JA 's who will be coming to Elmhurst in September yr 7 !

Congratulations :)

Hi Billyelliott.. Can you tell me if this boy was at the extra audition on Wednesday?

Are the results letters out ?

We are waiting for our Yes or No letter too.... Wish the postman would just hurry up !!

Hello

I was told by my DS 's JA Teacher in London this morning so I assume the boy in question has had a letter or an email - sorry i do not know which ....

I don't think she would have mentioned it otherwise as she is very careful and professional about such things

Yes it was from the extra audition this week , so it won't be long now before you hear something I would think!

Fingers and toes crossed for u all ;)

Edited by Billyelliott

It seems odd that only one has heard . not doubting your word BillyE -  but perhaps any others who know if results are out could put my friend out of her misery ! You can be discreet , but just someone out there let us know if they are out or not !! Choccy ! are you there ? Poor woman will go dimented ! They were all told that it would be early next week when the results were issued , and that was fine - but when you hear that someone else has been informed --- and its a YES --- you can't help putting 2 and 2 together and making 2,795 . thanks everyone x

• Like 1

Sorry folks - not intending to send you round the bend .....

This audition process is enough to send the calmest & most sane demented ! Myself included.

There are many reasons why no one else has reported back on answers ......

Were the boys and girls auditioned together ?

It may be that they're was only 1or 2 places for boys .... Also not everyone who auditioned will be on the forum !

Sorry that you are kept in suspense but that's often the way of things .....

Remember also that they will have to wait for confirmation of acceptance before working down the list , and its always possible that not all places are funded ?

I also have no idea what you were told on audition day , or how many we're auditioning for which places , or even how many places there were vacant for each year !

It's quite possible that those who have had replies are not on the forum !

Edited by Billyelliott
  • Like 1