Pet Shop Boys: ROH 23rd-27th July 2024

PET SHOP BOYS return:

23–27 July 2024 / Main Stage

After their euphoric concert in 2018, the UK's most successful music duo returns to the Royal Opera House with their spectacular show Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live

In an exhilarating performance featuring dazzling visual backdrops, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe perform classic songs from their catalogue of hits spanning 40 years, including: 'West End Girls', 'Suburbia', 'Opportunities (Let’s make lots of money)', 'Left to my own devices', 'Rent', 'Domino dancing', 'Love comes quickly', 'Always on my mind', 'What have I done to deserve this?' and 'It's a sin'.

General sale begins on Friday 16th February at 10am GMT.

Edited by PeterS
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, art_enthusiast said:

Does this mean no ballet in August then?

This is in July...!  But I haven't heard of any visiting companies to the ROH in August.  Luckily we can look forward to the Georgians bringing Swan Lake to the Coli in August.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterS said:

PET SHOP BOYS return:

23–27 July 2024 / Main Stage

After their euphoric concert in 2018, the UK's most successful music duo returns to the Royal Opera House with their spectacular show Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live

In an exhilarating performance featuring dazzling visual backdrops, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe perform classic songs from their catalogue of hits spanning 40 years, including: 'West End Girls', 'Suburbia', 'Opportunities (Let’s make lots of money)', 'Left to my own devices', 'Rent', 'Domino dancing', 'Love comes quickly', 'Always on my mind', 'What have I done to deserve this?' and 'It's a sin'.

General sale begins on Friday 16th February at 10am GMT.

I would love to see this.  Will wait until the ticket prices are announced...

• Like 1

Seems a bit of a pity that this isn't going to be a Pet Shop Boys The Ballet collaboration with a ballet company like the way Birmingham Royal Ballet collaborated with Black Sabbath!  (We already have the venue and the group are still performing!)

• Like 3

I adore the Pet Shop Boys.  Alas I shall probably not be in London in July.  I am amazed they have produced a show that will fill the ROH stage.  Last time I saw them live, there was just the two of them singing and playing.  It was a long time ago though....

18 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

I'd be amazed if there were any south of £100

I'd be amazed if you were wrong given what the Eagles are charging for an arena date in Manchester in June.  It makes the ballet prices at ROH look positively cheap!

29 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

I'd be amazed if there were any south of £100

That's what I think, so I probably won't be going, unless the Lottery win happens between now and then.  I won't hold my breath.... :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sim said:

That's what I think, so I probably won't be going, unless the Lottery win happens between now and then.  I won't hold my breath.... :)

I’ve checked back and I paid £80 for balcony right a64 in 2018. ‘Twil be interesting to see what this year’s price will be…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaM said:

Didn’t the Pet Shop Boys already collaborate with someone in ballet?   Putrov?  

Prize for being first to remember and post about The Most Incredible Thing (the Pet Shop Boys' collaboration with Ivan Putrov and other freelance dancers  dancing Javier de Frutos' choreography at Sadler's Wells) goes to @FionaM! (Sorry it's only a digital bouquet 💐  and not a real one).

Yes, was wondering if they might do a collaboration with the RB this time, since they have the venue! 

Never mind, maybe in a few years' time?? 😀

• Thanks 1

On 31/01/2024 at 17:40, PeterS said:

I’ve checked back and I paid £80 for balcony right a64 in 2018. ‘Twil be interesting to see what this year’s price will be…

The seat map with prices is up on the ROH website. I had a look out of curiosity, as someone I know is thinking of trying to go, and the prices are fairly eye-watering. Balcony A64 is £166. I really hope the prices don't give the ROH management any ideas...

• Like 2

Am I the only person who hears of this & shudders? Don’t get me wrong - I love PSB & I love the ROH & I approve of ‘cross pollination’ of culture as a rule…. It’s just - especially seeing the eye watering sums being mentioned for tickets - I can see these shows could become like those cringe worthy sycophantic hero worship ‘an evening with….’
With celebs out in force in their most outrageous outfits bopping in the aisles all trying to outdo each other as the grooviest biggest fan knowing all the words & ‘killing’ (literally!!) all the moves….😱😱😱

Bar Humbug… sorry! 

Edited by Peanut68

The stalls seem to be £250 but compared to the Eagles/Steely Dan gig at Manchester Arena in June that is cheap!

I'm not cringing at all @Peanut68.  One of my first experiences of a rock gig was Deep Purple at the Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool in the early 1970s so it's not exactly a first (and indeed PSB performed at the ROH several years ago).

• Like 2

I expect I’m in the minority at not liking the prospect if this! My own inhibitions I expect shouting out loud…. I prefer to hide amongst 1000’s outside & be able to wander to the bar anytime at a music gig!! Just me

5 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I prefer to hide amongst 1000’s outside & be able to wander to the bar anytime at a music gig!!

Oh I much prefer either an indoor gig or, if it has to be outdoors, an "intimate" one. I don't want to have to spend hundreds or (these days) thousands just so I can see the artist without a giant screen or binoculars!

And, @Peanut68, aren't we supposed to be intoxicated by the music? 🤭

I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in about 1990 in a former theatre turned nightclub in Melbourne and i felt punch-drunk, it was so visceral. 

• Like 2

On 04/02/2024 at 07:28, Jan McNulty said:

The stalls seem to be £250 but compared to the Eagles/Steely Dan gig at Manchester Arena in June that is cheap!

Good grief, I see what you mean...if it was one night only in Manchester I could maybe understand it....guess I'll just have to stick with my 2001 and 2006 memories!!!

• Like 1