The energetic leafleting of Shen Yun

1 hour ago, alison said:

This has been commented on in reviews for some years.

Um, I think I covered that when I wrote “People on the Forum have occasionally mentioned the Shen Yun show”. My point is, given how ubiquitous this show is and what turns out to be behind it, it deserved a thread of its own so that people could add up to date thoughts. Hope that’s ok. 

• Like 4

I have twice tried to engage Shen Yun leafleteers in conversation about them and their show but the language barrier seemed insurmountable.

My subsequent reading of the background online put paid to any thoughts I might have had of seeing them.

Now I am just irritated by them always being in the way when one exits to the ROH or the Coli. That along with the dangerously strewn piles of rental bikes immediately outside the ROH entrance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, art_enthusiast said:

Are they the ones always in front of the ROH too? It’s so annoying when they thrust things in your face.

I’ve also never been to their shows and don’t intend to go.

I much prefer the flyer for La Strada that was on the table in the old entrance last night....I managed to get one home with no damage and it's now on the fridge door

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tango Dancer said:

I get their advert every time I watch something on Youtube (or so it feels).  It doesn't matter how often I say I don't want to see this advert.  It's absolutely infuriating.  

I find the same. I really wish I could get it to stop. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob S said:

I much prefer the flyer for La Strada that was on the table in the old entrance last night....I managed to get one home with no damage and it's now on the fridge door

Could you possibly post a photo of that flyer please…thanks 

Edited by Peanut68
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Thank you Rob!

Would love to go see this but not sure 1hr45mins including the 25min interval can justify the 3hr to get there & 3hrs back travel time/costs….

Hi Peanut68, Alina Cojocaru has now updated the running time to be 2 hours including the interval. I'd say if you'd like to see something original but still with classical dance, this looks very worthwhile. Alina Cojocaru and Johan Kobborg are masters of the art of storytelling and artistry in dance. There are also concession rates available. (I'd certainly travel 6 hours to see them both dance.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

I’d travel that & more…. It’s just the fallout of desertion of family duties & money that are the usual issues!! One day….

I sympathise! I'm dragging- I mean bringing-  the family for this one so that I can't be accused of desertion....lol. Alina has thoughtfully priced some seats that are affordable for families. 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2024 at 17:32, art_enthusiast said:

Are they the ones always in front of the ROH too? It’s so annoying when they thrust things in your face

you can always politely say "no thank you" and they don't seem to mind that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

There was often used the phrase ‘golf widow’…. I’m accused of creating a ‘ballet widower’!!! 
I think he should take up golf so win win!! 😂

win win win win

Fore! in other words....

• Like 1