RB Casting - SPRING BOOKING PERIOD 2024

28 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Googling Francisco Serrano finds that he was 19 in February 2016 making him now 27 and therefore quite old to still be a first artist.  High time he was given more opportunity! 

Definitely. I can't remember when he last did a significant main role - I think he was Mercutio in the last R and J run.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Lauren did dance O/O a couple of years ago, I think - returning then from maternity leave. So any performances this year would have been more consolidation than revisiting the role after a break.

As she has also withdrawn from other roles in the fairly recent past (Month in 2022), she might have reached a stage in her career where she wants to make choices about her rep.  If so, one can but admire her for that.

(Apologies for speculating.

Perhaps this discussion about Lauren  missing O/O was supposed to be continued in the RB Casting for Spring 2024 thread?

Edited by Richard LH

50 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Definitely. I can't remember when he last did a significant main role - I think he was Mercutio in the last R and J run.

I can't think of anything else major* he's done since then. He's done various solo diverts e.g. the Arabian & various male fours e.g. Prince's Friends in Cinderella but I can't think of any really large roles.

*Drum major pun not intended!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blossom said:

Just received from ROH

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Royal Opera House for our upcoming performance of Kenneth MacMillan's Danses Concertantes / Different Drummer / Requiem.

Following the news that Principal dancer Alexander Campbell has been appointed Artistic Director of the Royal Academy of Dance, the following cast change has been made:

20 March, 4 and 9 April, 7.30pm:

Alexander Campbell is replaced by Francisco Serrano as the Drum Major in Different Drummer.

🤔

I missed this! 😱

4 hours ago, Suffolkgal said:

All best to Lauren, beautiful ballerina…as she’s in the MacMillan programme maybe it was just that odette/odile was a step too far after coming back? Who knows, let’s hope she’s back soon.

Could be.  After all, she dropped out of Month in the Country last time post-pregnancy to concentrate on Odette-Odile, didn't she?  And the email makes it clear that she will still be cast in Requiem and The Winter's Tale, later on.

Well, I booked the triple bill for one of Hayward/Sambe/Campbell's performances in Different Drummer and they didn't email me- naughty naughty! The Drum Major is the third biggest dancing role but actually it's a small role compared to Marie and Woyzeck. Just don't drop the baton /stick.....or Marie! The Captain and the Doctor are quite prominent too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just received from the ROH re Swan Lake casting:

The following cast changes have been made:

Friday 12 and Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm

Anna Rose O’Sullivan is replaced by Mayara Magri as Odette/Odile.

Saturday 20 April, 7pm

Ryoichi Hirano is replaced by Reece Clarke as Prince Siegfried.

Saturday 27 April, 1pm

Monday 29 April, 7.30pm

Saturday 4 May, 1pm

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Just received from the ROH re Swan Lake casting:

The following cast changes have been made:

Friday 12 and Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm

Saturday 20 April, 7pm

Saturday 27 April, 1pm

Monday 29 April, 7.30pm

Saturday 4 May, 1pm

They really depend on Magri as a replacement, don't they? She'll be going to the lake many times this run! 

Wow, that's quite a number of replacements and as usual I've had no email from ROH about the cast changes despite the fact that I've booked 7 tickets to these performances (and they're not Upper Slips seats where one can't see which dancers are dancing!) Many thanks to @Bluebird and @lady emily.

Wishing Anna Rose O'Sullivan, Ryoichi Hirano, and Claire Calvert a speedy recovery from injury and/or whatever is causing them to be sidelined from Winter's Tale, Swan Lake or both. I note Claire Calvert is still listed for her Swan Lakes in June so hopefully she and Anna Rose O'Sullivan will both sufficiently recovered by June to dance. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 3

Just now, bangorballetboy said:

Might I suggest you contact the ROH to let them know you are not receiving these emails?  They may be able to help.

Yes, I must admit it's puzzling as I used to get informed of cast changes a few years ago, and I do still get emails about other matters so it's not like I've inadvertently blocked or refused notifications.

I must commend fellow members on being so efficient at relaying the information though!

• Like 1

Thu 4 April MacMillan triple bill cast change: 

Sarah Lamb replaces Lauren Cuthbertson (in the Pie Jesu role) in Requiem tomorrow.  

I've posted on the performance thread but just in case everyone is only checking this thread for casting updates. I don't have the reason why, and Lauren is still listed on the website to dance next Tuesday (but of course that doesn't necessarily mean that won't -or will-  change nearer the day.) 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lady emily said:

They really depend on Magri as a replacement, don't they? She'll be going to the lake many times this run! 

I think Reece Clark tops the chart with 6 scheduled visits

Edited by San Perregrino

2 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

The announcement does not mention injury.

We might have ‘lost’ any reference on here but, when Hirano withdrew from other performances earlier in the season, he posted on social media something to the effect that he would be ‘getting by’ with injections/temporary treatment pending a more fundamental procedure during the summer break.

It looks as if that has needed to be brought forward so best wishes to him for any ‘operation’ and a subsequently solid recovery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, capybara said:

We might have ‘lost’ any reference on here but, when Hirano withdrew from other performances earlier in the season, he posted on social media something to the effect that he would be ‘getting by’ with injections/temporary treatment pending a more fundamental procedure during the summer break.

It looks as if that has needed to be brought forward so best wishes to him for any ‘operation’ and a subsequently solid recovery.

Yes, I was about to post to say this (though was concerned in case I'd mis-remembered!).  

I was looking forward to seeing the Lamb/Hirano partnership on 4th May....such is ballet life!  I hope he recovers speedily. 

• Like 6