No Coronation Gala?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bluebird said:

It was broadcast in December 2004 as part of "Ashton at 100: Fred's Steps".  The programme included Scènes de Ballet (Yoshida/Putrov), a series of Ashton 'Diverts' and Daphnis & Chloë in full with Cojocaru, Bonelli, Nuñez and Soares.

Thank you.

There's a great deal of further information here about that:

https://discovery.nypl.org/research/research-catalog/bib/b20883134

19 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

Hayward and Sambe are on now!

I would so like to have seen them but every time they got to do something interesting the camera angle changed so they could have been dancing in the next county for the amount we were able to see them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sim said:

Ironic that Bocelli and Terfel are singing Liverpool’s unofficial anthem…

Feels like a subtle takeover by the film musicals - Nicole Scherzinger singing Reflections from Mulan, RB & RSC performing to West Side Story, Bryn and Andrea singing from Carousel (so far)! 

Is it because show tunes fare better on big open air venues (and huge audiences- reportedly 20,000 people at this gig, and it looks it)? Or just a coincidence? 

4 minutes ago, Sim said:

My daughter said Katy Perry borrowed her outfit from Woolf Works!  😀

I thought it was from Quality Street- or Werther’s (the sweet, not Massenet’s opera). 😅😂. But excellent performance from Katy! Roar never fails to liven up any show! 

4 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

I thought it was from Quality Street- or Werther’s (the sweet, not Massenet’s opera). 😅😂. But excellent performance from Katy! Roar never fails to liven up any show! 

I’m embarrassed to admit that the only Katy Perry song I know is the Just Eat ad!  🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Two Pigeons said:

I would so like to have seen them but every time they got to do something interesting the camera angle changed so they could have been dancing in the next county for the amount we were able to see them.

whoever was doing the vision mixing, needs to be taken out into a field and put out of their misery...

• Like 3

It was great to be able to channel surf over to BBC4 after the minuscule bit of ballet at the Coronation concert to watch the Imagine documentary with Wayne McGregor, and to be able see longer clips of dancing, featuring Alessandra Ferri, Laura Morera, Ed Watson, Mara Galeazzi, Federico Bonelli, Sarah Lamb, Marianela Nunez, Lauren Cuthbertson, Marco Masciari et al dancing Wayne McGregor’s Chroma, Infra, Woolf Works and/or working on Dante Project. (Both programmes still available on BBC iPlayer of course.) 🙂

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 4