Sergei Filin

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the link, Farfallina.  I'm glad that there at least still seems to be some hope for improvement in Sergei's left eye. But it doesn't sound encouraging for him regaining any vision in his right eye. 

• Like 1

Good news are popping up. Sergei Filin has given an interview in Aachen declaring he might return to Moscow in mid September and open the new season. Mr. Urin visited him in Aachen to discuss personally new project with Pierre Lacotte and John Neumeier.

For further treatment in Aachen he fly in from Moscow and doctors agree that this arrangement might be possible.

Here is a link to Chicagotribune about the news.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-russia-bolshoi-20130801,0,5594843.story

Here is a link to a Russian page where there is also a 3 Minute video clip to the interviews with both Sergei Filin and Mr Urin for those who would like to get an impression of how he walks and talks. It's from 1TV in Russia

http://www.1tv.ru/news/social/238808

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, dear Toursenlair, the photo is visible! Hope everybody here can watch a brief interview Filin gave to RussianTV  http://www.1tv.ru/news/culture/239535  He speaks about the  progress in his treatment, which will allow him to start working in Bolshoi in September, while sometimes coming back to German clinic for the minor (i suppose) operations. He said this trip to London was a very good treatment for him...

• Like 2

Yes, dear Toursenlair, the photo is visible! Hope everybody here can watch a brief interview Filin gave to RussianTV  http://www.1tv.ru/news/culture/239535  He speaks about the  progress in his treatment, which will allow him to start working in Bolshoi in September, while sometimes coming back to German clinic for the minor (i suppose) operations. He said this trip to London was a very good treatment for him...

Cant' wait to get home to watch it - from the photos I've seen on Facebook he seems to be in good spirit - hope there will be further improvements of the eye sight. Last night would have been the first performance in London for me - unfortunately I had to cancel our trip... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Here you can see Sergei walking independently on the streets of Aachen , talking to journalist, who has brought to him a suitcase for his trip back to Russia. Sergei says he is going to come back  to Moscow approximately on the 14th of September, his eyes are getting better, but they hardly will ever be as good as they were. One eye still can't see. The vision on the left eye is unstable. Never the less, Sergei once managed to be at the opera, just to listen to it. (they say, he ran away from doctors then ).

Sergei's mother, Natalia, says she is not ready to forgive people, who did it to her son. Sergei says, he can't understand these people, because they forgot that he has children....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps predictably after the news that Mr Tsiskaridze has had a meeting with the Russian Culture Minister (today's Links), Ismene Brown's blog now carries news via Novosti that Sergei Filin would accept his return to the Company should the Theatre Director decide that this is appropriate:

http://www.ismeneb.com/Blog/Entries/2013/9/25_Filin_says_he_will_accept_Tsiskaridzes_return.html

Edit:  Ms Brown has expanded her blog post and it's now a TASS report that's used.

I don't think Filin will have any choice but to accept Tsiskaridze if he comes back, although I don't see how he could be expected to work with him. I'd like to see Tsiskaridze look into Filin's damaged eyes and tell him to his face that he's been faking his injuries.

With all the changes that are happening it doesn't sound like it's going to be a good working situation for Filin at the Bolshoi - assuming he is able to return to work full time. I'd like to see him work for a theater that shares and supports his artistic vision and where he can do his job without needing a bodyguard for protection.

• Like 1

Without wishing to take sides here, this feels like an impossible situation for all parties. Mr Urin, who seems (as is pointed out) to be adopting a Gergiev style of Directorship, will surely need to deploy quite extraordinary diplomatic skills if Sergei and Nikolai are to be enabled to coexist in a manner which is good for the Company.

Sorry nothing to do with the topic thread except to say that it all sounds a bit too unhealthy still over there with the Bolshoi.

Ian was looking at your new picture and I think it says Vickers VC10 on the back!

When I was about 9/10 living in Byfleet but overlooking Wisley Common (where they filmed old tv seriesRobin Hood) they tested this plane and landed it on the Wisley air strip which existed then. We all ran out in the street when it came over. It was very exciting and almost felt like the locals plane!!

My mum worked for Vickers for about ten years in the fifties in fact they were a large employer in the area at that time.

Mr Urin, who seems (as is pointed out) to be adopting a Gergiev style of Directorship...

Judging by Mr. Urin's style of directorship at Stanislavsky Theatre he and Mr. Gergiev are poles apart. First of all, Mr. Urin is not a globe-trotter and stays with the company all the time. He loves both opera and ballet and can be seen in the audience very often. He is modest, not dictatorial and knows how important it is to listen to the people he works with. His interviews too made very good impression on me.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It was good to see Sergei wandering unaided across the Bolshoi stage tonight during the pre-performance interviews before tonight's live screening of Spartacus by the wonderful Ms Novikova - I an sure it was him unless someone had borrowed his familiar dark glasses :)

• 1 month later...

The verdict is in - Dmitrichenko, Zarutsky and the driver Lipatov have all been found guilty. Dmitrichenko has been sentenced to six years, Zarutsky to ten years and Lipatov to four years.

http://www.ismeneb.com/Blog/Entries/2013/12/3_Guilty%2C_guilty%2C_guilty%2C_says_judge.html

Sergei Filin has been sentenced to a lifetime of severely impaired eyesight and physical and emotional scars.

• 1 year later...