RBS Junior Associates 2023

AllAboutTheJourney

2 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

My Older dd got her place off the swl many years ago now.....we were rung up after about a week to offer her the place. Hope that helps.....it does happen :)

Really helpful, thank you! Any idea how many people get a short waiting list?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, kimsballet said:

Exactly the same as us- we had no expectations and just went for a fabulous experience, so am thrilled whatever happens really!

Would be great if anyone knows the process and what it actually means!

Really good to know, thank you! I'm guessing usually only come up if someone has been offered two places in different schools or something- but you never know! To be honest she'll be thrilled with an online place, and our nearest centre is like 2 hours away so better travel wise! 😅 But we'll go with the flow! Thanks so much for the info :)

Edited by kimsballet

6 minutes ago, Sofiadance12345 said:

Probably analysing this far too much now but our short waiting list response was for the 24th June so a different date 😂 I think we will just try again next year.  Well done all. 

Our short waiting list offer says this too - so maybe gives them a few days to get any no's sorted before the waiting list deadline? Who knows! But either way- am happy!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PowderPink said:

Good luck to everyone waiting for results! Does anyone know where the JA classes are held in London? Is it at the RBS in Richmond or at Covent Garden? Are the classes on a Saturday and does anyone know what time the class is? Many thanks!

The classes are held at the Royal Ballet Upper School in Covent Garden. The classes range from 9am start to 345pm start. I believe there are 5 classes for JAs

• Thanks 1

We got the below "no".  I wasn't surprised at the no but was surprised at the positive feedback in the sense that I didn't think feedback like that was given.  Wondering if this is just the standard "no" letter?

We are unfortunately unable to offer you a place this year, but the panel felt you responded very well to the audition class and would be very interested in seeing you again at next year’s auditions, as they felt you could be a good fit for the programme in future. Junior Associate auditions will open again in late February.

11 minutes ago, ballet_mam said:

We got the below "no".  I wasn't surprised at the no but was surprised at the positive feedback in the sense that I didn't think feedback like that was given.  Wondering if this is just the standard "no" letter?

We are unfortunately unable to offer you a place this year, but the panel felt you responded very well to the audition class and would be very interested in seeing you again at next year’s auditions, as they felt you could be a good fit for the programme in future. Junior Associate auditions will open again in late February.

I think it’s the standard letter, we had it twice! Saying that however she then went on to get a Yes on her third and final attempt in Year 6. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

The classes are held at the Royal Ballet Upper School in Covent Garden. The classes range from 9am start to 345pm start. I believe there are 5 classes for JAs

Do you know how long the JA class is? Thank you!

9 minutes ago, PowderPink said:

Do you know how long the JA class is? Thank you!

It’s 2 hrs 15 min long. They have to arrive 15 minutes before and it takes about 15 minutes for them to get out! So all in all about 2hrs45!! The class is a mix of body conditioning, ballet fundamentals with some national dance also. That’s the set up for year 4/5 class however it may be different for year 6 as they “prepare” them for Whitelodge audition. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

It’s 2 hrs 15 min long. They have to arrive 15 minutes before and it takes about 15 minutes for them to get out! So all in all about 2hrs45!! The class is a mix of body conditioning, ballet fundamentals with some national dance also. That’s the set up for year 4/5 class however it may be different for year 6 as they “prepare” them for Whitelodge audition. 

Thank you so much! That's so helpful!

@kimsballet The Short Waiting List is really short, unlike the Summer Intensive one 🤣 but I can’t think of MANY situations in which you’d audition, be successful and not take up your place, so whilst it does happen (see above success stories!) I would assume it’s online classes for this year and be super proud of what is already a spectacular achievement!

• Like 2

my daughter has been offered a london place, only let her audition as my eldest did it,(she's just finished JA's and is starting Ma's in september)  never expected her to get in, shes a very different dancer to my older daughter!! I'm not sure we will accept the place as i think the class times would clash with all her other dance lessons at our dance school, meaning she'd have to stop RAD ballet, modern, tap and strengthening, so would be counterproductive! i am going to try and see if she can be swopped to online lessons as i believe these are on sundays which would work best! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballet_mam said:

It’s a more positive feedback, but I wouldn’t read too much into it - we had the same last year, but my DD received a ‘no’ again this year. I would definitely keep trying in any case if that’s what your DC wants. 

Congrats to all who got a place!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

@kimsballet The Short Waiting List is really short, unlike the Summer Intensive one 🤣 but I can’t think of MANY situations in which you’d audition, be successful and not take up your place, so whilst it does happen (see above success stories!) I would assume it’s online classes for this year and be super proud of what is already a spectacular achievement!

Great to know- thank you! 

14 hours ago, DanceMum82 said:

My DD has been placed on the Short Waiting List (Eastleigh centre) and has been offered online lessons on Sundays too. Does anyone know how long the online lessons are? 

Well done to DD, the online lessons were one hour and 15 minutes this year just gone. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bunhead13 said:

Well done to DD, the online lessons were one hour and 15 minutes this year just gone. 

Really good to know thank you. A couple of questions if possible?! So sorry!...

- What was cost attached to these please?

- Were they about once a month?

- What approx. time of day were they?

Thank you!

Does an offer of a Year 5 JA place mean that the child automatically has a Year 6 JA place?

Can one request the 26 week vs the 32 week JA class?

Is it ok to request a morning or an afternoon class? Or is it a question of gratefully accepting what we're given?

Edited by PowderPink

1 hour ago, PowderPink said:

Does an offer of a Year 5 JA place mean that the child automatically has a Year 6 JA place?

Can one request the 26 week vs the 32 week JA class?

Is it ok to request a morning or an afternoon class? Or is it a question of gratefully accepting what we're given?

I would like to know this also! We’re really hoping my DD doesn’t have to stop her morning Saturday dance classes, she’ll be so upset, but sometimes you just can’t do everything. 

Yes you automatically go into Y6 if you have a Y4 or Y5 place.

When applying I think you could request either 26 weeks or 32 weeks but once you have an offer I think you just need to graciously accept! And you can't request a different time of day. My DD missed out on Saturday classes at her local studio for 3 years but it was definitely worth it.

• Thanks 1