RBS Junior Associates 2023

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

She really liked it as she said the teacher was.lovely! She will be the youngest there as she is a summer baby and year 3 going for.yr 4 place......so not holding out hope! But she liked it and didn't seem fazed by it all!

Glad she had a good day! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 for the tiny summer babies - when my DD auditioned she was the same age and the second youngest in all of the many, many London groups. She was v lucky and had 3 fab years as a JA (not in London, we just auditioned there) 🙂 

• Like 1

There’s a definetly a lot auditioning in Leeds. My daughter was in the early afternoon and she was in the 70s. There was a new group coming in as we were leaving and seemed like a lot in that group. My daughter said they did improv, gallops, skips, plies, stretches including box splits and they took their socks and shoes off and pointed their feet 😊

• Like 1

Wow that is a lot! I have a feeling they’ll be even more in London. My DD now wants to wear her convertible tights as she said she fiddles with her socks when she’s nervous and they fall down. I’m inclined to let her wear what she’s most comfortable in. Were many in tights did you notice? 

I find it strange there was no improvisation......my dd just said they had to make up ballet positions?! 

Plus obvs an exercise for seeing how much swayback......sit on floor and flex feet and then lift them up off floor as high as could 🤔

59 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

I find it strange there was no improvisation......my dd just said they had to make up ballet positions?! 

Plus obvs an exercise for seeing how much swayback......sit on floor and flex feet and then lift them up off floor as high as could 🤔

I was told in Bath there was some improvisation of movement like a 'pretend to be' type thing- so maybe just in some places!

10 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

My daughter did improv. It was a ‘pretend to be’ sort of thing 

13 hours ago, Tendu_mum said:

Wow that is a lot! I have a feeling they’ll be even more in London. My DD now wants to wear her convertible tights as she said she fiddles with her socks when she’s nervous and they fall down. I’m inclined to let her wear what she’s most comfortable in. Were many in tights did you notice? 

Majority had socks on from what I remember, but I did see some with tights. My daughter had the socks on that fit like tights, so they don’t fall down and look nicer. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/05/2023 at 07:08, Dancing_Mae said:

Majority had socks on from what I remember, but I did see some with tights. My daughter had the socks on that fit like tights, so they don’t fall down and look nicer. 

We loved these socks! Literally discovered them just before DD came out of the socks stage but they look lovely on and definitely stay up much better than the traditional kind.

35 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

We loved these socks! Literally discovered them just before DD came out of the socks stage but they look lovely on and definitely stay up much better than the traditional kind.

What are these amazing socks called please?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kimsballet said:

What are these amazing socks called please?!

My DD hated the usual ballet socks and would only wear these tights-material ballet socks. She always preferred tights but if she HAD to wear socks, she’d wear these ones. They never sag, stayed up and didn’t look like football-socks length like some normal ballet socks are.  Quite a few brands do them now and I’m sure one of these smelled really nice and fresh and were anti-odour (and this claim actually worked most of the  time):

Katz Dancewear Girls Ladies Thin Smooth 60 Denier Pink Ballet Dance Tights Socks£1.95Amazon.co.uk

https://www.dancewear.co.uk/product/seamless-no-bag-ballet-socks/?attribute_pa_colour=white&attribute_pa_size=uk-shoe-size-4-7&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpPKiBhDvARIsACn-gzDyMqo6qOMB4v5NJLjiMu91HzZyKoXxRgrtLYmcRcCRMjcoMecpS0oaAiyqEALw_wcB

https://www.dancewearcentral.co.uk/accessories-c1/exam-regulation-accessories-c10/lightweight-50-denier-ballet-socks-p3659

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, littledancer99 said:

My daughter auditioned for Manchester yesterday. She really enjoyed it and came out beaming. How many do they usually have in the year 6 class? Good luck to everyone 

Pleased to hear your daughter enjoyed it! Were there lots auditioning? 

My daughter also auditioned at Manchester, there were at least 4 groups that I know of that day that had about 20 dancers in. Groups were mixed there were two boys in my daughters session. I think there is another day today also! There were yr4 and yr5s in her session so I think it is done in age order as she was one of the youngest yr 5s but her older yr5 friend was in the session after. 

she loved it, had a great day off school! Good luck to everyone and thanks for the sock info too!! 😃

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 10:30, AllAboutTheJourney said:

For those who have auditioned already, were the groups mixed boys and girls? 

There were boys but definitely a lot more girls. I think there was about 23 or 24 auditioning in my daughters group and I remember seeing 3 or 4 boys. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2023 at 10:32, AllAboutTheJourney said:

We only just discovered them, when we went to the local dance shop to get her new socks and when I told the lady behind the counter, that she was auditioning for junior associates, she recommended them and they look so much better don’t they 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone's children have been enjoying their experiences so far and had fun!

I just wondered if anyone knew why they take so few children for the Associate programme in each place?- it's seems like around a handful at most/ one class worth? I understand there needs to be exclusivity to it, but it seems for a JA level especially there could easily be several classes a day or something on a Saturday (different teachers maybe) as it's all being paid for by each child that goes? (So not as if they are losing money at each class or anything I don't imagine?- in fact surely it is a great way of making money to fund other things higher up the chain!) It just got me wondering that's all- maybe it is the exclusivity and they only want a handful of kids to go through it in each place. Interesting though, especially as there is evidently so much interest around the UK!

Edited by kimsballet

11 hours ago, Danziwozza said:

How was Dundee today?xxx

Seemed to go ok thanks - though I never get a huge amount of info from DC2! There were two groups by the looks of it, the first clearly younger and the second older. Audition class was exactly as expected and as I posted earlier on this thread.

Just need to wait and see now - Dundee is a relatively small class and is mixed age and sex so I don't know how many spaces there are likely to be. 

• Like 1