Sky Arts' transfer to Freeview

7 hours ago, Beryl H said:

Sky Arts Freeview will start on 17th September with the RB Rhapsody/Two Pigeons programme, although at 6am!

There are more interesting programmes on in 2 days than I usually watch in 2 weeks, so looks good.

Lovely it's launching its Freeview schedule with two of my favourite ballets and casting. However, I'm afraid most opera and ballet on SkyArts is shown about 6am so always check the early part of the schedule. The prime evening slots tend to go to more pop music type programmes. 

I think advert breaks take place at a natural break in the programme. It certainly won't interrupt the dancing, though with this programme I'm not sure if there will be just the one break between ballets or an additional break at the end of the first act of Two Pigeons. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beryl H said:

Sky Arts Freeview will start on 17th September with the RB Rhapsody/Two Pigeons programme, although at 6am!

There are more interesting programmes on in 2 days than I usually watch in 2 weeks, so looks good.

thank you Beryl.  Where do you find this information please? 

The Radio Times listings are on line.  Here's the link to the September 17 listings. 

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/?sd=17-09-2020 05:00

Scroll down to Sky Arts, Freeview Channel 11. 

Use the arrows at the top to change the date or the time of day. 

Edited to change the link to one which only has the dedicated Freeview listings. 

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

Well, I am still trying to retune my various pieces of equipment (including in the early hours of this morning), without success.  Pick is still on channel 11, where Sky Arts is moving to, and I keep being told there are no new channels.  So that's the Ashton bill missed :(  I'm sure it will be fine once the teething problems have been sorted out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alison said:

Well, I am still trying to retune my various pieces of equipment (including in the early hours of this morning), without success.  Pick is still on channel 11, where Sky Arts is moving to, and I keep being told there are no new channels.  So that's the Ashton bill missed :(  I'm sure it will be fine once the teething problems have been sorted out.

Yes me too - the same problem, the same frustration. Not too bothered coz I have the Ashton pairing on blu-ray and, as Janine says, nothing now on the dance front till the Australian Ballet's Cinderella. Meanwhile we have 112 episodes of Tales of the Unexpected from the 80s to look forward to as part of their "dedication to highbrow arts" (!!!!!)  which I shall probably dip into, if only to re-visit familiar faces.

To be fair, they are airing the ENO open-air Boheme and a couple of orchestral concerts that I wouldn't want to miss. 

Also horray, hooray, the BBC has promised an airing of Bourne's Red Shoes as part of their Culture in Quarantine programmme which really pleases me as I've been waiting for yonks to see it again. Not till after the re-scheduled cinema showing on 30th Sept though - so I'm thinking could this be the BBC Xmas Day ballet offering?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alison said:

Glad it wasn't just me who still didn't get Sky Arts after retuning... maybe we should try again later? Who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bridiem said:

Glad it wasn't just me who still didn't get Sky Arts after retuning... maybe we should try again later? Who knows.

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

I retuned my tv at 7 this morning and it still broadcasts Pick on channel 11 despite a box on screen saying it had moved to 34 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

We've had the same disappointing experience - and managed to clear our recording schedule!

Well at last!  I have now rescheduled our recordings for the second time after a successful retuning.  I've set to record Australian Ballet on Tuesday 22nd 7am - 9 am (for anyone who has missed it) as a trial. fingers crossed.  Apart from that I haven't seen anything of interest.

And I hope Alison's right, that Rhapsody and 2 pigeons will reappear some time.

Edited by AnneMarriott
To add comment.
  • Like 2

I have it on my TV OK but on my dvd recorder it has picked up Sky Arts as channel 11 but no programmes showing on the guide so can't set to record. Anyone else have this problem?
There's no way I'm going to get up to watch ballet at 6am or thereabouts which is when they seem to be showing such programmes.

My DVD recorder is showing Pick on channels 11 and 34 at the moment.  Hopefully it will wake up to reality sooner or later.  In the meantime, I'm setting the PVR to record the Simon Rattle concert in the early hours of tomorrow morning ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MargaretN7 said:

I have it on my TV OK but on my dvd recorder it has picked up Sky Arts as channel 11 but no programmes showing on the guide so can't set to record. Anyone else have this problem?
There's no way I'm going to get up to watch ballet at 6am or thereabouts which is when they seem to be showing such programmes.

No problem with us - Sky Arts is on Channel 11 where it should be and the TV guide shows the programmes so we can set to record as usual.  Hope you can get this sorted - it's a nuisance since the dance programmes all seem to be early in the morning.

My TV recorder still shows Pick on channel 11. I've been doing a 'smart' retune so far (where it retains the programmes you've set to be recorded) but maybe I'll now have to try a full/default retune (where I'll have to then re-set the programmes to be recorded).

27 minutes ago, bridiem said:

My TV recorder still shows Pick on channel 11. I've been doing a 'smart' retune so far (where it retains the programmes you've set to be recorded) but maybe I'll now have to try a full/default retune (where I'll have to then re-set the programmes to be recorded).

Yay! Default retune worked. Just have to wait for programmes to re-appear on the TV guide so I can reschedule.

• Like 1

I still read the Radio Times but all is says for 22nd September is "Cinderella" so will use the above guide to get more detail for Sky Arts! I watched the programme on the gardens of Pompeii and was impressed with the picture quality, brought back happy memories too.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, alison said:

Has Sky Arts disappeared from Freeview, or is it a fault with my hotel's TV?

I find hotel TV channels really rather hit and miss.  Sky Arts is still on my Freeview on channel 11 showing a programme about Jethro Tull at the moment.

• Like 1