Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Wall

RB Mayerling Casting for LA

Cast for The Royal Ballet's Mayerling:

https://www.musiccenter.org/tickets/events-by-the-music-center/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/1819-season/royal-ballet/

July 5 Cast

Ryoichi Hirano, Natalia Osipova, Sarah Lamb, Kristen McNally, Francesca Hayward, Marianela Nuñez, Alexander Campbell, Christopher Saunders, Gary Avis

July 6 Cast

Matthew Ball, Sarah Lamb, Laura Morera, Itziar Mendizabal, Meaghan Grace Hinkis, Mayara Magri, James Hay, Gary Avis, Nehemiah Kish

July 7 Cast

Thiago Soares, Lauren Cuthbertson, Itziar Mendizabal, Lara Turk, Anna Rose O’Sullivan, Claire Calvert, Paul Kay, Alastair Marriott, Gary Avis

• Like 4

Also no McRae. The 6th July cast looks to be pretty much what was his cast last year, but with Ball instead. I won'der if that means McRae won't make the Symphony in C performance he is currently down for next month or whether he'll be able to manage a short piece but not a 3-acter?

22 hours ago, penelopesimpson said:

No Edward Watson, again.

I spoke with Ed Watson last week and he said he would be back performing in June....😁

• Like 2

Good news indeed but is it just the small role in Firebird?  I am so hoping he will be back for a full season or more.  Perhaps he has been working with McGregor on his new full -length?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, penelopesimpson said:

Good news indeed but is it just the small role in Firebird?  I am so hoping he will be back for a full season or more.  Perhaps he has been working with McGregor on his new full -length?

...yes...perhaps it will be his swan song

11 hours ago, penelopesimpson said:

Good news indeed but is it just the small role in Firebird? 

I have a hunch that Watson will feature in the Fonteyn Gala. There are number of 'suitable' male roles in ballets with which Fonteyn was associated.

I can't see him coming back in Manon somehow - sad to say..........