ROH Winter Booking

Booking for the Winter season at the Royal Opera House opens to the general public tomorrow - I grabbed my tickets this morning thanks to student booking. Booked The Sleeping Beauty, Woolf Works, and a mixed bill with a Wheeldon piece in. Must say I'm most looking forward to Woolf Works; though I heard mixed reviews when it premiered it's a concept I'm really interested in.

I'm sure everyone else is probably a Friend and got their tickets much earlier, but I thought I'd remind everyone just in case! What's everyone else most looking forward to? http://www.roh.org.uk/seasons/2016-17/winter

• Like 3

I am so happy, have managed to secure tickets for Naghdi/Ball matinee on 25th Feb for me and my sister, orchestral stalls as well, not cheap but it will be well worth it

Me, too.  Just got one.  Couldn't decided between Campbell and Hayward or Naghdi and Ball and went for the latter.  They better be good because I hate Sleeping Beauty!

• Like 2

I ended up going for 4 performances of SB. 2 on the 16th & 2 on the 25th... and I don't even like SB that much! I got roped in by the casting :) also decided to chance a matinee of Woolf works to see if my opinion changes towards it.

Have to say, the booking process was completely painless this morning. The last time I booked as soon as general booking opened (several years ago now), it took me over an hour of constant refreshing to choose a seat. I had everything I wanted & had paid within 15 minutes this morning.

• Like 2

Unbelievably quick and painless this morning (yes, this *is* me speaking!) - although I couldn't necessarily always get tickets for my preferred dates. Queue? What queue?! Hugely disappointed, though, that the Woolf Works run *and* the Sleeping Beauty run are so crammed together: I would probably have booked more seats for SB had the performances been further apart, but there's a limit to how many times I can watch it in a short space of time. And the prices were a distinctly limiting factor, too :(

• Like 1

Unbelievably quick and painless this morning (yes, this *is* me speaking!) - although I couldn't necessarily always get tickets for my preferred dates. Queue? What queue?! Hugely disappointed, though, that the Woolf Works run *and* the Sleeping Beauty run are so crammed together: I would probably have booked more seats for SB had the performances been further apart, but there's a limit to how many times I can watch it in a short space of time. And the prices were a distinctly limiting factor, too :(

SB is spread out I thought - between a short run in December, then mid Feb through to mid March. WW is a bit bunched up, I agree...

• Like 1

It was entirely smooth for me ... short of the fact that I forgot to exercise the 'e-ticket option' [now the only way to go for me - as you never again need to worry about putting a ticket into your pocket that morning].  When I reviewed my confirmed order I saw - in horror - that it had off-set to 'delivery by post'.  'OH, NO!' my weary brain screamed.  Happily I wrote to the ROH BO via their website form box and it was quickly changed.

Just as a point of information - Anyone can change their ROH ticket delivery methodology as long as they write or call the ROH box office within 24 hours of having placed their order on line.

Did notice the increased prices - specifically vis a vis SB - but still methought- when you compare that with what I'm sure will be other major price increases due to the plunging pound - certainly by that time - e.g., food, petrol etc. - it will surely have proven an excellent investment.  Food for the soul it is - yes, 'soul food' - of that there can be no question.    

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 4

SB is spread out I thought - between a short run in December, then mid Feb through to mid March. WW is a bit bunched up, I agree...

Yes, Dave, but there's a pretty solid 2 1/2 weeks, I think it was, of Beauty - that's what I meant.  (And annoyingly, as I'm usually free around Christmas and New Year, I can't make most of those performances)

I found the ordering process very smooth also this morning, about 10 mins in the queue.

If I was made of money or lived in London I would love to of gone to see Hayward/Campbell Sleeping Beauty as well, alas I must make a hard choice and I felt that Naghdi/Ball are up and coming stars of the RB and after seeing their rehearsal bit on World Ballet Day really made the decision for me.

After having seen Swan Lake last year and am going to see The Nutcracker at the end of November, seeing Sleeping Beauty in Feb will complete my Tchaikovsky/Petipa triple.

Very smooth process for me too.

I was nervous there wouldn't be any tickets left for YasmineNaghdi/Matthew Ball Sleeping Beauty but I got my ticket in the end! Also seeing this couple in the Nutcracker on 27th. Much to look forward to.

• Like 1

Gutted that there are hardly any decent tickets at ok prices left for Naghdi/Ball or Salenko/McRae matinees, and the prices for the mats are horrendous.  Think I'll have to miss the lot unless some come up for sale later nearer the time so disappointed.  Are the Lower Slips seats any good?  I would have bought Balcony standing tickets but as usual they're all gone.

£77 for the best amphitheatre seats. Were those seats as expensive for Swan Lake last year?

I guess they will be next time, with a new production with costs to offset.  Plus, I think this will be only the second run of Beauty with the "proper" costumes, won't it?  In that case, they'll still be paying those off.

I had a complicated phone booking at 7.55 pm. Why did I have a long meeting at work this day of all days?! Also I couldn't book online like I usually do as I had theatre tokens and a ticket exchange to sort out. However, I did get what passes for mid priced stalls circle for Vadim/Marianella with Francesca/Alex the next day matinee so only one overnight stay. Took a deep breath and also bought a SC matinee for Jasmine/Matthew on both 18th and 25th consoling myself that at least I didn't need to pay for an overnight stay. Like Penelope Simpson said, They'd better be good as I too am not a huge fan of SB and have only booked for the casts. However, I'm sure they'll all be sublime I just wish it was Bayadere or Onegin or even Two Pigeons that I really enjoy.

• Like 1

I (very easily) booked SB for 3rd Jan Lamb and Golding yesterday. Are we their only fans on here? :wacko:  Xmas pressies sorted for DD, myself and my Mum. I also thought £77 for Amphi was steep, sure I only paid £65 for The Winters Tale and similar for La Fille.

I actually don't have a problem with Golding and can imagine he's a good partner for Lamb as they are both quite tall. I seem to recall that dd and I saw Lamb as Aurora last time round so I wanted to see someone different this time.

£77 does seem steep for the Amphi - crikey!

Unlike the much later Woolf Works and the Human Seasons Mixed Programme that give casting details in full, there are still no indications regarding additional casting for Sleeping Beauty - not even for the Lilac Fairy. Does anyone have any idea when we might hear more please?

Edited by David