best ballet schools for children in London

Ballet Confused

I have recently moved to London and would like to commence my child at a ballet school in London that provides good technique as well as dance quality and has a high success rate in the children progressing to vocational schools such as White Lodge. I find the Internet has a wealth of schools but it is very difficult to know which schools will provide her with the best training should she wish to continue as a dancer when she is older. In addition, it seems many of the schools have their own syllabus or are performance based rather than teach RAD, Vaganova or Cechetti. Is it better to send her to a school with exams and 1 of these methods?

I was also going to suggest Anna Du Boisson's school, just by what people have said about the school on this forum in the past, but for the life of me I couldn't remember her name or the school's. Certainly, reading about her full time Young Dancer's Academy ,it sounds very very impressive.

• Like 1

Anna du boisson runs full time vocational school from 11-16 called young dancer's academy, and after school non vocational classes at west London school of dance. Non syllabus classes but not just performance, high standard of technique is taught. Pm me if you have any questions as my dd did wlsd classes last year and is starting at vocational school in a few weeks.

• Like 2

Agreed, I too would recommend Anna du Boisson.  Another school I would highly recommend for Vaganova training is Russian Imperial Ballet School run by Olga Semenova.  Many of her pupils are Associates in various schemes and one is joining the Vaganova Academy in St. Petersburg this Autumn.  Olga also teaches for Vocational schools, including Central and English National Ballet School.

Edited by Pas de Quatre
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

Can I just also add as a recommendation, Sarah Toner in North London. Many of her students are at the top vocational school including RBS both at WL and the Upper School. She has danced with BRB and many other ballet companies. My DD went to her after she failed failed to get finals for Elmhurst and Tring . Just 3 months later,dd was offered a place at WL...For us what makes Sarah so unique, apart from her astounding credentials and contacts is her absolute passion and love for dance combined with the most wicked sense of humour and fun. Dd has never laughed so much during lessons and also has never made as much progress. For us it has been like hitting the lottery jackpot of ballet training and we are forever grateful to another forum member for recommending her...

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

does enyone can recomend good classical ballet school with strong ballet technique, the best if will be russian teacher from Herts and Essex serrounding aeria. I know that most greats ballet schools based in London, but we are unable to attend there after school.My dauther is just 7 years old, I don't want to waste her  time and  my money:)I will be very appreciated.x

I found a few russian ballet school, but to be honest I think only London  Masters of Ballet Academy, Natalia Kremen & London Russian Ballet soothe my soul..It's sad that all based in Central London:(( I found small local school Georgina Pay School of Dance,  seems quite good..and we just beginng of that journey..Buy the way, school from Hithin is called The Hitchin School of Russian Ballet.Thank you everyone.x

Edited by bella19
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bella19 said:

I found a few russian ballet school, but to be honest I think only London  Masters of Ballet Academy, Natalia Kremen & London Russian Ballet soothe my soul..It's sad that all based in Central London:(( I found small local school Georgina Pay School of Dance,  seems quite good..and we just beginng of that journey..Buy the way, school from Hithin is called The Hitchin School of Russian Ballet.Thank you everyone.x

Georgina Pay School of Dance excellent standard all RAD with lots of unset work and lots of advanced classes on the timetable each week