I know there had been some concern that Ovcharenko and Tikhomirova's engagement/marriage plans had not been officially announced. 

Here is a lovely film made by a Russian Wedding Magazine on the occasion of the official announcement of their engagement in March 2015.  

• Like 4

Is there any reason to be concerned "that Ovcharenko and Tikhomirova's engagement/marriage plans had not been officially announced" and even more so to do this in the the Swan Lake, Royal Opera House thread?

Speculation about dancers' private lives is not encouraged but Bruce has given the link to an official announcement of an engagement.

Whilst the link is not directly about Swan Lake, it is probably more efficient to include the link here rather than start a new thread.

• Like 5

Oo-er Bruce, onto the naughty step with you ;) I for one didn't know that they were a couple, but having just seen them dance, I thought it was very interesting. I think if a couple have announced an engagement, nay even made a film about it, it is probably reasonable to talk about it! As that both dance for the Boshoi, then a thread about the Bolshoi's recent visit is quite a natural place, surely?

Is there any reason to be concerned "that Ovcharenko and Tikhomirova's engagement/marriage plans had not been officially announced" and even more so to do this in the the Swan Lake, Royal Opera House thread?

Assoluta, the ONLY reason I placed this link here - indeed placed it at ALL - was because I know there had historically hereabouts been a question as to whether this information had been 'publicly announced' and therefore apt per BcoF rulings (the latter being key) in terms of mention on the Forum itself.  This question of simple protocol may not have arisen on the Swan Lake thread - indeed now that I think on it the issue may well have initially arisen vis a vis a reference to a comment on the Bolshoi/DQ thread - but I fear given work pressure that I am under - which I promise you, Assoluta, is concretely considerable and ever growing - I did not have the luxury of time to go fishing (for which I most heartily apologise).  I agree with Janet that this item, in and of itself, - and given that it was presented merely in terms of in-house clarification - was not worth a separate thread unto itself.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

Well a bit weird the whole thing and hope that isn't going to be THE dress eventually ....bad luck for the groom to see before the day and all that.....but what a gorgeous looking couple!

I know that I'm taking this thread even further away from Swan Lake but i was so pleased to see from his interview in Links that Makhar Vaziev is publicly recognising that Tikhomirova's is a talent to be nurtured and rewarded.

• Like 4

When I was at the stage door after a Don Q performance a lady asked Anna Tikhomirova if she was "with" Artem Ovcharenko and the above info was confirmed.

In an interview listed in the Links last Sunday, the new Bolshoi Ballet director Makhar Vaziev, reflecting on the Bolshoi residency at the Royal Opera that has just ended, commented: “We spoke with the Hochhausers [Lilian and Victor Hochhauser, the permanent producers of the Bolshoi’s London tours], and they want to ask us back again. It’s more likely to be 2019, because we already have tours planned in the meantime”.

This has left me speculating wildly about possible residencies in the summers of 2017 and 2018. I assume and hope the Mariinsky will fill one of the two slots though I haven’t heard any announcement as yet. But what of the other slot? Can we hope to see a different Company I wonder?

• Like 2

This has left me speculating wildly about possible residencies in the summers of 2017 and 2018. I assume and hope the Mariinsky will fill one of the two slots though I haven’t heard any announcement as yet. But what of the other slot? Can we hope to see a different Company I wonder?

I'd love it to be the Mikhailovsky.

• Like 8

It's been said on another thread Mariinsky for 2017.

Yes I'd LOVE to see the Mikhailovsky again too.

• Like 4

When I was at the stage door after a Don Q performance a lady asked Anna Tikhomirova if she was "with" Artem Ovcharenko and the above info was confirmed.

Moved to new thread, Anna and Artem Bolshoi wedding.

Edited by Lexy