The Mariinsky - booking and casting discussion 2017

My understanding is that we are getting the reconstructed third act of Paquita in the Contrasts programme this week. It's what we were told by Xander Parrish at the LBC meeting last week. He also said that the Mariinsky were performing in St Petersburg while part of the company were in London. As it has somewhere in the region of three hundred dancers in its ranks the tour does not affect its ability to perform on its home stage while a foreign tour is taking place..From what we were told it would seem that the Vladivostock company are essentially a self contained group of dancers and the Mariinsky stylistic connection is largely maintained by dancers from the St. Petersburg company guesting there.

Edited by FLOSS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, FLOSS said:

My understanding is that we are getting the reconstructed third act of Paquita in the Contrasts programme this week.

Blast.  And it looks as though I'll have to miss it :(

Can someone please confirm how the Mariinsky Bayadere splits, please?  I''m assuming:

Act I: Temple Scene / Rajah's apartments (I think it's one of the ones that has a pdd for Nikiya and a slave?)

Act II: Betrothal celebrations and nothing else?

Act III: Kingdom of the Shades?

They're all of fairly similar length.

5 hours ago, nickwellings said:

It would appear that Osmolkina is out of her programmed Beyadere. If injury related, I hope she recovers speedily. I was looking forward to seeing her.

This has led to the following changes in casting for Gamzatti:

Osmolkina is replaced by Yevseyeva tomorrow (Friday)

Yevseyeva is replaced by Batoeva for the Saturday matinée

http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/la-bayadere-by-marius-petipa

No ... :(

I was looking forward to seeing Yevseyeva again :(

Not that I have any objections to seeing Batoeva again, but I have just spent the evening watching her once.

Disappointed for those who had Osmolkina booked, too.  A slight comfort for me, in a way, since I didn't have a ticket for tomorrow and was regretting it.

What I came in to ask was: there was a £20 ticket returned for Bayadere the other day.  Standing tix are £10 and £15; I thought the bottom-price seats were around the £30 mark?  So, where was it?  When I clicked through to try and find it, it had vanished, so I never found out.

1 hour ago, alison said:

What I came in to ask was: there was a £20 ticket returned for Bayadere the other day.  Standing tix are £10 and £15; I thought the bottom-price seats were around the £30 mark?  So, where was it?  When I clicked through to try and find it, it had vanished, so I never found out.

Row C stalls circle benches near the stage and amphitheatre row W seats were £20.The Mariinsky booking chart is no longer on the ROH website but someone told me that the better upper slips seats were also £20.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

Can anyone .....moderator etc ....tell me why my post just after Bluebird 's post isn't there 

It was before Alison's post so an somewhat puzzled 

I hope this one goes 

I'm "suspicious" because I still cannot access the Forum in the usual way!! 

Okay apologies I can see Bluebird has a similar post in the Bayadere only section and that's where it seems I posted my comment! 

That Im sorry to,be missing Evseeva but Batoeva looks interesting etc!!

I do,hope the "homepage " problem of Balletcoforum is solved soon.

At the moment I have had to save the Forum pages in a bookmark Favourite under Dance or I have to Google the site  ....it still doesn't work from my usual address book where Imhave stored the website address for the last four years!!