Genee Dance Challenge 2014

Happymum

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised that I don't have a detailed time table for tomorrow. Just what time does the day start and finish. I guess they are taking packed lunch from home and will have a lunch break? They will stay in the studio and be supervised etc. How was it last year?

Edited by Happymum

Hi Everyone, we're all settled in at our hotel and took a walk over to the Millennium Centre to find out where the entrance is.  We thought we'd let you know so you all know where to go - if you're standing at the main entrance to the Millennium Centre walk round to the right and keep following the building right round to the back. The National Dance Company Wales door is the last door you come to.  See you all tomorrow! :)

Edited by dtadmin

Hi Everyone, we're all settled in at our hotel and took a walk over to the Millennium Centre to find out where the entrance is.  We thought we'd let you know so you all know where to go - if you're standing at the main entrance to the Millennium Centre walk round to the right and keep following the building right round to the back. The National Dance Company Wales door is the last door you come to.  See you all tomorrow! :)

Is this the door that says dance space or room or something over it??

I've just spoken to my DD on the phone. She said that she enjoyed today's classes very much, said that some exercises were challenging as the level 1 group had all the classes together with level 2. One lady was teaching, a few others just watching. She said that the studio was very small but tomorrow they will be performing in the other, bigger studio. There were 2 other girls she knows from JA's classes.

Hope that everybody else had a good day.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show :-)

Good luck to everybody!

• Like 2

I've just spoken to my DD on the phone. She said that she enjoyed today's classes very much, said that some exercises were challenging as the level 1 group had all the classes together with level 2. One lady was teaching, a few others just watching. She said that the studio was very small but tomorrow they will be performing in the other, bigger studio. There were 2 other girls she knows from JA's classes.

Hope that everybody else had a good day.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show :-)

Good luck to everybody!

Glad your DD's enjoying happymum! My sister said the same thing about level one that she found some things difficult. My teacher was one of the people watching as she is a chaperone this week:) I had a fab day and can't wait for tomorrow, hope everyone else enjoys x Edited by Guest

DD has a new solo (just finished) and a new skirted leotard - we thought about taking her tutu but decided that a more simple style would work better for this.  DD will be in Level 1 too Happymum and we can't believe how quickly its come round!

Really sorry about your DD's hip trouble Bankruptmum - hope it clears up quickly x

We're travelling down to Cardiff tomorrow afternoon - good luck everyone!

Lots and lots of luck xx

• Like 1

DD had a fantastic couple of days - really enjoyed the classes.  She wasn't selected as one of the two winners but in her usual fashion, has decided that it wasn't meant to be because it would have meant coming away from Tring the first weekend after she starts to go to the finals which she says wouldn't be good because she'd miss the settling in and bonding!!

Very proud of her! 

The two dancers who did get selected in Level 1 were lovely and were very deserving. 

I also saw the Level 2 competition and there seemed to be quite a wide range of ages and levels in there but left before the level 3 and 4 competition began.  Congratulations to all those who won in the other levels

• Like 1

My DD also wasn't selected but she had a good time. I think that the girl with number 15 (one who won) was absolutely fantastic. And actually I saw a lot of talented girls today. I was trying to guess who might be the "Tring girl" Dtadmin but have no idea of course :-) sorry we didn't meet. My DD was the tiny one, number 2.

• Like 1

My daughter had a wonderful 2days - thank you to the RAD organisers,wonderful venue.

Your daughter was fantastic and a very deserving winner! She was so friendly to me as I didn't know anybody. She certainly did you and herself very proud x

I thought level 3 was for those that hadn't taken their intermediate?

It was dancing10 my friends who are intermediate were in there x

Dancing10, i can understand the frustration- though not personally involved in this at all- but probably best to not discuss here as relates to one individual . Maybe an idea to contact RAD about the criteria etc.

I look forward to seeing the winners posted on RAD facebook sites.

• Like 4

Dancing10, i can understand the frustration- though not personally involved in this at all- but probably best to not discuss here as relates to one individual . Maybe an idea to contact RAD about the criteria etc.

I look forward to seeing the winners posted on RAD facebook sites.

I agree best not to post on here as it relates to someone's daughter. All winners were very very deserving regardless of age or ability. I am sure all the competitors enjoyed the experience as much as I did even if they didn't win!

Everyone danced beautifully and should be really proud of themselves - there can only be so many winners, and they were lovely !It was so nice to see all the individual dancers and their costumes. Good luck to the winners in Antwerp xx

• Like 3

Dancing 10 - I can also understand your frustration - my DD was one of the younger ones last time she participated in the Genee Challange and she didn't win,however she was inspired by taking part and loved every moment - it wasn't the winning that mattered. I think that all the children taking part should be applauded and the winners within each level congratulated . RAD make the rules not the dancers - perhaps we should discuss whether it is a good idea to push our young DC through the RAD grades and then find them up against older pupils at the competition rather than just let them enjoy their dancing and progress at a steadier pace.Many children study multiple grades,my dd is one of them. 

Edited by Kat09
  • Like 5