Genee Dance Challenge 2014

Happymum

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of a girl who is at Tring taking part but my DD non-vocational.

Must have been the same girl as I've heard of as she is from Tring too:)

I've heard of a girl who is at Tring taking part but my DD non-vocational.

Must have been the same girl as I've heard of as she is from Tring too:)

I'm coming from Newcastle - 8 and a half hour drive!! Can't wait though, and I'm 15 :) xx

I'm from Maesteg so only a 40 minute drive for me:) I'm 17 in Advanced Foundation:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has had the timetable for this yet as they said it would be available after 21st March (closing date).  We haven't seen our teacher yet to ask and I am desperately wanting to get my trains sorted before the prices go up.  Does anyone know what sort of time it will all be due to end on the Thursday 17th?  Many thanks.

I received the email today. Not sure how it is for other groups but level 1 needs to register at 9:45 on both days. On Wed classes are from 10:30 till 4:45. On Thursday warm up class starts at 10:10, then rehearsals. The show starts at 2pm and everything should finish by 5pm. Tickets for the show cost £5. We should receive an email with more information during this coming week.

i just recieved my email- ive been placed in level 4 ahh i wasnt sure if i would be in level 3 as ive only been doing advanced one for a short while 

arrive at 9.45 and calss at 10.30 on day on finishing at 4.45 

for day two arrive at 10.10 class at 10.35 finishing at 5 

im really excited now if a little scared!! 

Thank you Happymum, she is struggling with her hip, has had physio in the past but it hasnt done much for it. Has been dormant for a while but she pushed things the other weekend and its flared up badly.  Has her Inter Modern exam end of this week as well - so I have signed her off dance to rest!  think it is time to investigate further.

Bankruptmum my DD has had trouble with her hips because she is very turned out it was due to weakness caused by the hyper extension. It has improved as she has gotten older and has gained strength. Physio definitely helped so I should get it looked at asap. Hope this helps

Dramascientist

• Like 2

Thank you Dramascientist, thats a really thoughtful post, they are thinking its a weakness in other muscles causing her to use her hip flexors too much i..e causing strain but physio doesnt seem to be doing a lot to help.  It seemed to settle for a few months but she overdid it the other weekend and its come back with a vengence.  I think further assessment is needed.  Just hoping a rest will allow her to get through a busy Easter then we can get things sorted.  Very optimistic I know!

My sister is injured:( she's so gutted but is determined to still do the competition. On crutches at the moment not sure what it is from x ray waiting to see consultant Wednesday. Could just be overstrain but possibility of fractured growth plate or splintered tibia!! I feel so bad for her!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nervous of making it to Cardiff on time - sending my DD with my parents who are just visiting from abroad and never been to Cardiff on their own before...

Costume very simple- a leotard (not even new) and a borrowed skirt... but DD looks smart so hope it's good enough.

Hope DD will recover after Tring Easter course by Wednesday :-) she slept nearly 12 hours last night!

Sorry to hear about your sister Annaballerina!

Well we have solo finished, costume ready but my DD had taken too much on this holiday and her hip is very painful so we have withdrawn - if there are any level 4's in the waiting list you may be lucky! Good luck everybody, gutted we won't be there.

DD has a new solo (just finished) and a new skirted leotard - we thought about taking her tutu but decided that a more simple style would work better for this.  DD will be in Level 1 too Happymum and we can't believe how quickly its come round!

Really sorry about your DD's hip trouble Bankruptmum - hope it clears up quickly x

We're travelling down to Cardiff tomorrow afternoon - good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Hi dtadmin - have a safe journey tomorrow.

Your DD must be a very good dancer if she was accepted at Tring - I told my DD that the standard will be very high so she hopefully is ready for it and will just enjoy the 2 days of great classes/workshop.

Hope to meet you on Thursday (can't be there

on Wednesday).

Edited by Happymum

Thanks Happymum - I'll be on my own on Thursday so it would be lovely to meet and say hello :)

We haven't done anything like this before but DD does go to the RAD Associate Classes in Birmingham and really enjoys them so hopefully the girls will have a great couple of days... and meanwhile I'll be working out of a hotel room for 2 days ;) 

I'll be there with my husband (very tall) and my parents (my father is also tall :-) ). My younger DS might be with us as well, and DD's ballet teacher.... Quite a big party! Will look out for you, but it might be easier for you to spot me :-) it would be great - I never met anybody from the forum :-)

• Like 1