Tring Park audition dates 2013/14

dramascientist

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Autumn days

Congratulations to your dd, Amadawhiter! Does that mean that she has also been invited to the funding audition or are Tring doing things a bit differently this year?

• Like 1

I don't think so LinMM. There was no advice just a thank you for bringing her to the audition and that they hoped the audition was "interesting and useful". My dd has three more audition's 2 in November and 1 in January. Hopefully she is a little more successful.

• Like 1

Well done to your dd Amandawhiter.Can I ask, how long do you get before accepting the place and pay the deposit?

We are sending a DVD for the audition as we live abroad.

Sorry to her a no straceydor.Hope your dd is not to upset xxx

Hi letter says you need to send paperwork and doc letter to confirm fitness plus £2250 by 10th nov good luck to your dd where do you live somewhere nice and hot I hope xx

Congratulations and commiserations!

A word of caution to those offered early places and asked for quick deposits - if your child is still auditioning for other places, don't be pressured into paying. If they want you they'll wait!

Good luck for future auditions :-)

• Like 6

Congratulations and commiserations!

A word of caution to those offered early places and asked for quick deposits - if your child is still auditioning for other places, don't be pressured into paying. If they want you they'll wait!

Good luck for future auditions :-)

if anyone is fortunate enough to be offered more than one place, is it possible to wait for all results before deciding ?

• 3 weeks later...

No she doesnt, its an optional exam. And in actual fact you only need to do vocational exams in order to be eligible for some competitions or if you are considering teaching.

Vocational grades are also an indicator of current standard when applying for post 16 courses.

Artistic directors dont care about such exams though, just what they see at an audition and cv. Where one is trained matters more, for example a Tring gradute will be known to have had a varied, all round training.

Lucky you toomuchtallent.

I have very happy memories of a 2 month stay in Alanya just along a touch further East than Antalya in 1971 before it all got so built up. You could swim in the sea and just be looking back onto wild country and distant mountains in those days!! Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Hope your ballet studios have air conditioning though as I remember it being REALLY hot!!

Good luck to your DD with her DVD audition for Tring.

Are you just auditioning for UK schools?

• Like 1