Tring Park audition dates 2013/14

dramascientist

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nervously waiting(auditioned 15/10) still waiting to hear if dd has made it through to the funding audition the principal was away the week before half term so it has delayed letters being sent out until sometime this week, I'm sure I'm going to give the postman a heart attack this week lol

• Like 3

Dancing 2003. Yes it will be hard when she had a favourite but good news she offered a place and hopefully that will bolster her confidence for the next audition. Fate takes a hand and we do not know the big plan for their lives, that is what i intend to say to my daughter when our time comes. Good luck.

• Like 5

Hi LinMM I really don't know where to start re. possible Financial Grants and bursery possibilities?

This is all so new to me if anyone has any advice on financial grants or burserys I would be most grateful :)

I can't believe how upset she is, at least her dad was with me when I told her as I was crying too :( I know it's such a tough thing to do x

Oh dear I really am so sorry. These disappointments (even if we think they are achievements too) are so hard for young people to accept.

I'm sure there is a whole thread on here somewhere about Burseries etc but have to go out now (to do a ballet class!)

I may be able to find it when I get back.

I don't know your daughter obviously but give her a hug from me too!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your news dancing2003 I suspect many us will also face the same news in the next few weeks/months.  However she was accepted and that is amazing news, it is very difficult to get into any of the big 4 so she must have what is required.  I can imagine your frustration and disappointment I've thought this through so many times and have told DD to prepare herself for many ups and downs.  I do think it is grossly unfair that 'if you have the money you can go' or for some schools the opposite 'if you don't earn enough money (or any money) you can go' but that is the general trend in life for many things.  I think it should purely be based upon the rule 'if you have the talent you can go' then our country will produce its own talent.

• Like 4

I agree Pas de Chat.

The vast majority trying to get into these schools will not have the level of income where Private School fees are not a problem.

The problem is I think that then so many would qualify it would be difficult for the school to sustain itself.....as most of the funding one seems to be able to apply for comes from the Schools themselves.

It may be worth applying to your own local Authority as there are some funds there for Dance training however it's unlikely to cover the full costs etc. there are some Private individuals who act as Benefactors but I can't find a comprehensive list.

On the Internet if you just put in Dance funding and Bursaries(correct spelling at last for me) there are some useful web sites such as The Stage.....and Frequently Asked Questions etc.

Once your daughter has got over the shock of not being able to attend her favourite place right now Dancing2003 then hopefully she will begin to see her achievement and get ready for the next audition.

And presumably she can always try for Tring again at some point in the future.......who knows how circumstances may change and/or whether she may be offered funding by the school down the line!!!

I am assuming your daughter is quite young still.

Good luck to all others trying for Tring this time round.

• Like 2

It may be worth applying to your own local Authority as there are some funds there for Dance training however it's unlikely to cover the full costs etc. there are some Private individuals who act as Benefactors but I can't find a comprehensive list.

Very unlikely any local authority will have any funds.  Even if you think well we're saving you money by not attending the local school the authority will reply if you're not at one of out schools we don't get the money for you!

They then refer you to the MDS!

• Like 2

To be honest, sad as it is, its such an expensive business being at a vocational school, unless you have secure financial support I wouldnt recommend scraping it together.  It isnt the end of the road by any means not to go away aged 11.  Make sure you are just as excited/positive about visiting secondary schools otherwise it could appear to be a negative experience if dance school doesnt become an option this time around. 

There just isnt enough spaces or funding for all of our talented children, they have to make cuts. 

Good luck for any future auditions.

• Like 6

Thanks to everyone who has given advice she saw her ballet teacher tonight and had a big hug, we know this is going to be a tough few months just so hard when they are so passionate about dancing and you can't help them a bit more by making their dream come true at a school they love soo much, but hopefully with 4 more auditions coming up who knows what will happen.

Good luck to everyone else over the next few months auditioning at Tring x

• Like 8