ISTD Exams

dancing10

Will probably depend on whether there have been lots of exams taking place around the country at the moment. I wouldn't say it's the busiest time of year, but I've known results come back in as little as 3 weeks (Rarely!) and as long as 6-8 weeks in busier periods. Good luck to your daughter!

Hello there,

Under normal circumstances, report sheets are dispatched to the teacher within 21 working days from the date of
the examination session. If there are any administration errors it can take longer. The peak periods are Christmas, Easter and Summer but if the exam is outside of these times it can be much quicker.  

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Have you spoken to the teacher? I did hear about one incident where the teacher actually had the results but withheld them from students as she was considering an appeal because the marks were very low compared to her previous sessions (in the end she decided not to appeal and explained the situation).

Not saying this is what has happened here but "appeal pending" is one possibility for the delay. (Another would be if the teacher is in arrears with membership fees, or there was some other irregularity on the day.)

But no, this long a delay is definitely NOT normal and you need to be asking questions.

Edited by youngatheart

Sounds like possible appeal situation / teacher not wanting to give them out. Usually it's 4-6 weeks and results come through by email with a schedule for the dance teachers. It just gives name and pass/merit/distinction but doesn't say %

Then sometime later the full results come out with certificates and % info and I've been aware of the later taking longer :)