PdL winner Lin Zhang is (no longer) missing

I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but I'll do it anyway. I saw this posted on Alina Cojocaru's Instagram Story, so it's serious. It has been shared by other dancers (e.g. Johan Kobborg). Maybe sharing this here helps, who knows...Lin is a corps member of Hamburg Ballet and a previous prize winner of Prix de Lausanne. My favorite Giselle!

I hope she is found soon🙏🙏

Screenshot_20240109_160504_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

It was originally posted by Matias Oberlin, principal dancer with Hamburg Ballet.

Dancers, choreographers, dance companies are sharing this right now on their Instagram Accounts.

JUST in case...if you're reading this and have info on her whereabouts, please call police in Hamburg 040/428654110

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sabine0308 said:

It was originally posted by Matias Oberlin, principal dancer with Hamburg Ballet. JUST in case...if you're reading this and have info on her whereabouts, please call police in Hamburg 040/428654110

🙏🙏🙏

Other dancers are putting the missing notice all over social media.

It is so very worrying.  I do hope she is found soon, safe & well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Other dancers are putting the missing notice all over social media.

It is so very worrying.  I do hope she is found soon, safe & well.

Yes, I'm very worried...it's been more than 3 days now...🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jorgeb said:

I can't find a single newspaper article on the subject. Very strange.

I suppose that's why top dancers like  Cojocaru, Salenko, Kobborg, Oberlin et al are helping to spread the word. To the press she's just one of many many young people who either run away or are taken every year (shocking but true) and there are too many to put in the papers, but publicising it like this greatly improves her chances of being found alive and well. 

Hope Lin Zhang is safe and that whoever thinks they may have spotted or seen her will notify the police to help find her. 

• Like 1

Which social networks are publicising the situation? I haven't been able to find anything on Instagram or Facebook. I hope the young dancer is found and is okay.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tybalt said:

I noticed that too. But I wonder why the Hamburg Ballet doesn't write about it? It's her employee/dancer.

Employee privacy considerations?  Anyway, it sounds as though it's no longer necessary.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Amanda Liu said:

From her mother’s social media account she has been found!

Yeah I read that from Wei Wang, dancer with Staatsballett Berlin, saying she is healthy. I hope she is okay.❤️

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Jorgeb said:

Which social networks are publicising the situation? I haven't been able to find anything on Instagram or Facebook. I hope the young dancer is found and is okay.

They all seemed to post it as an Instagram story, so would only provide publicity for 24 hours each.

Great to hear that she's been found 🙂

• Like 4

Perhaps the concern expressed by senior stars like Cojocaru, Salenko, Oberlin et al helped turn things around. Sometimes a small wobble can spiral into disaster with tragic outcomes if the person in it feels utterly alone, or a dangerous situation (eg if she didn't go missing voluntarily) might be resolved safely if the malevolent party realised, yikes, a lot of people have noticed she is gone. I don't know the details hence my two opposite hypotheses, but just wanted to say it's very moving to see the level of compassion and kindness from senior dance stars in helping even in a small way to facilitate her safe return. Hope she is ok and recovering well. Lovely to see the support from fellow dancers. ♡

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

I was also very touched by the dancer/choreographer support on social media. After all, it is a relative small community and they stick together when in need❤️.

There is an ongoing police investigation, so maybe details follow later. Anyway: she is alive!❤️

• Like 4

• alison changed the title to PdL winner Lin Zhang is (no longer) missing
  • bangorballetboy locked this topic