Cesar Corrales…..missing in action?

Dear All,

Does anyone know where Cesar Corrales is, or what is happening with him?  He appears to be missing in action. I do not think that we have seen him dance with the Royal Ballet since earlier this year.  Is he long-term injured?  I am puzzled. I hope that he is OK though 🤔.  Thank you so much!

• alison changed the title to Cesar Corrales?

Yes it has been a bit worrying though he is down to perform in the Autumn so must be making progress from any injury he has.  
I’m sure he must be so disappointed not to go to Japan …maybe he is taking time out to see family in Canada etc. whilst Royal are away…..I have no idea but presumably he only lets the public know what he wants them to know so guess no good  speculating too much. 

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Cesar Corrales

His recovery seems to have been quite a long one which must have been tough. Delighted to see him cast in Don Q and Nutcracker - he’s on a poster with an image for the latter - so I guess he has a lot to look forward to and if he is better, it makes sense not to risk his recovery. The company seem to be covering quite a range of repertoire in Japan and that must be quite gruelling. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m watching a class which Mayara Magri is teaching this morning ( courtesy of Alive Ballet the last amateur company I performed with …one of the teachers was born in the same town as Mayara and can remember her always being advanced for her age! 
Anyway if a discreet opportunity arises at the end of the class I might ask Mayara how Cesar is doing ( well I will be booking them as my first choice for Don Q) but knowing me I probably won’t as can get a bit awe struck on these occasions 🙄

• Like 1

Cesar is choosing to be very private. I feel we should respect that. In any case, other dancers probably don’t know how any recovery from injury (if that’s what it actually is) might be progressing.

All I want is for Cesar to be well and back on stage soon.

• Like 9

Same here! As I said I probably won’t ask anyway even if I do get to talk to her but obviously won’t share here! 
Mayara is a great teacher!! She is much smaller than she seems on stage! 

Edited by LinMM

I was at the Hatch House rehearsal afternoon earlier this week … Marco Masciari and Francesca Hayward performed two pas de deux.  

One from Wheeldon’s Golden Hour, and the second was Wayne McGregor’s Morgen (which is one of his least effective works IMO).  That aside, as a partnership they were really well suited dramatically and physically.  I would love to see them together again.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

One from Wheeldon’s Golden Hour, and the second was Wayne McGregor’s Morgen (which is one of his least effective works IMO).  That aside, as a partnership they were really well suited dramatically and physically.  I would love to see them together again.  

Too bad it wasn't recorded! I would certainly like to see them both more. They were both brilliant together in Act 2 of The Dante Project as young Dante/Beatrice.

• Like 2

In the end I did manage a couple of words with Mayara Magri yesterday. 
She is such a lovely natural and approachable person and seems to enjoy teaching. 
I just said I was looking forward to seeing her in Don Q in the Autumn and she replied yes she was very excited about performing it! 
So fingers crossed. 

Probably not for them to necessarily share publicly of course but I’m pretty sure that dancers scheduled to perform together at least ….do privately know what’s going on with an injured “partner”.  They would have to have a certain degree of knowledge once rehearsals start. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that Cesar Corrales is OK, but he has been missing for most of the 2022/23 season and was scheduled to appear in Don Quixote and Nutcracker in the Autumn 2023.  I note that he has now been replaced in the forthcoming Don Quixote by Matty Ball, and in The Nutcracker by Reece Clarke.  Does anyone happen to know what’s happening with him?  Thank you in advance.

Edited by TurningPointe

35 minutes ago, TurningPointe said:

I am hoping that Cesar Corrales is OK, but he has been missing for most of the 2022/23 season and was scheduled to appear in Don Quixote and Nutcracker in the Autumn 2023.  I note that he has now been replaced in the forthcoming Don Quixote by Matty Ball, and in The Nutcracker by Reece Clarke.  Does anyone happen to know what’s happening with him?  Thank you in advance.

there’s already a Cesar Corrales thread open which has discussed this, perhaps have a look there. 

1 minute ago, PeterS said:

there’s already a Cesar Corrales thread open which has discussed this, perhaps have a look there. 

Thank you Peter, I think I may have originally opened that thread back in June.  Unfortunately it does not contain any updates.  I was happy to read that Cesar was scheduled to dance in DQ and The Nutcracker in the Autumn but….he has now been replaced again.  Hence my asking.  Thank you.

Hello @TurningPointe, I have merged your earlier thread with this one.

If a dancer chooses to make his situation public that is one thing but speculation serves no purpose.  Everyone is entitled to their privacy.

I've had a look at his Instagram account and he is not sharing anything about why he is not dancing.

• Like 4

Absolutely Janet!  Thank you.  Just to be clear, I was asking out of concern rather than to speculate.  Cesar is a young, super-talented dancer, and the last time I saw him dancing was at the Nureyev Gala (Sept. 2022) where he performed a beautiful Corsaire pas de deux with Yasmine Naghdi. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TurningPointe said:

Absolutely Janet!  Thank you.  Just to be clear, I was asking out of concern rather than to speculate.  Cesar is a young, super-talented dancer, and the last time I saw him dancing was at the Nureyev Gala (Sept. 2022) where he performed a beautiful Corsaire pas de deux with Yasmine Naghdi. 

Also a terrific pas de six in Laurencia with Osipova. It was those 2 performances that made me extra keen to see him in Don Q, especially as I think he was also injured the last time it was performed (2019?) when he should have debuted. However, not to be. I wish him a good recovery and hopefully we'll see him in Manon next year.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

His mother has just posted this terrific celebratory compilation of Cesar on Facebook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsw1yR6g-k

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post it but it's so lovely to see Cesar dancing again (albeit not right now) that I could not resist trying.

[If it's against BCF's or youtube's rules, the 30 minutes reel can be accessed via Taina Morales's account on Facebook.]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks SO much for posting this lovely to get a little “Cesar fix” lol. 
But I did feel a bit worried as it said “Tribute to Cesar Corrales dancer with Royal Ballet” 

It was the word tribute which worried me …..it sounded a bit like a farewell!! 
I sincerely hope not and hope the clip near the end of him practising in what looked like a “home” environment is very up to date as looked pretty much on form in that! 
I’ve not seen the Morgen clip before with Francesca and really enjoyed that. 
A question though….was the Swan Lake clip of him dancing with Francesca a rehearsal clip? I’m sure I’d booked to see them dance together in this but it didn’t come off because of Covid? Must have been Spring of 2020? So have they danced this together since then? I can’t believe I’ve missed this if they have!!  
I’d love to see Francesca in this role too thought she looked lovely in the clip but think I did miss her in the last run when Cesar wasn’t dancing but can’t remember why now. 
Wishing him all the best anyway. 

31 minutes ago, LinMM said:

But I did feel a bit worried as it said “Tribute to Cesar Corrales dancer with Royal Ballet” 

It was the word tribute which worried me …..it sounded a bit like a farewell!! 

Except that the same poster has also posted a tribute to Anna Rose O'Sullivan ...

I didn't post the Anna Rose O'Sullivan when I saw it originally as I wasn't sure if it was against forum rules or not but it's a delightful compilation especially the early footage of her dancing in her socks and a tutu.

She was clearly destined for ballet stardom from an early age!

Not trying to hijack the thread, let's hope Cesar Coralles is back to full fitness and dancing again very soon.

• Like 2