Cesar Corrales…..missing in action?

4 hours ago, LinMM said:

Thanks SO much for posting this lovely to get a little “Cesar fix” lol. 
But I did feel a bit worried as it said “Tribute to Cesar Corrales dancer with Royal Ballet” 

It was the word tribute which worried me …..it sounded a bit like a farewell!! 
I sincerely hope not and hope the clip near the end of him practising in what looked like a “home” environment is very up to date as looked pretty much on form in that! 
I’ve not seen the Morgen clip before with Francesca and really enjoyed that. 
A question though….was the Swan Lake clip of him dancing with Francesca a rehearsal clip? I’m sure I’d booked to see them dance together in this but it didn’t come off because of Covid? Must have been Spring of 2020? So have they danced this together since then? I can’t believe I’ve missed this if they have!!  
I’d love to see Francesca in this role too thought she looked lovely in the clip but think I did miss her in the last run when Cesar wasn’t dancing but can’t remember why now. 
Wishing him all the best anyway. 

LinMM, Francesca and Cesar danced the Swan Lake Act 2 pas de deux for one of the online streaming “performances” at the ROH - the second one that went out live- during the pandemic in front of a limited masked audience. (Akane Takada and Federico Bonelli danced it at the first live stream performance.) They did a dress rehearsal of the full ballet  in early 2020 in anticipation of making their debuts in April but couldn’t get to dance the full ballet together due to the pandemic closure/lockdown starting before their show was due. I remember being very disappointed because I’d enjoyed seeing them in R&J together so much and thought they would be lovely together in Swan Lake. As you probably remember, when Swan Lake was reinstated in spring 2022 after restrictions were lifted, Hayward was paired with Bracewell and Corrales with Magri, so they still haven’t danced the full work with each other in a public performance. 

The ROH social media team have released the full adagio/pas de deux as a clip on YouTube and Facebook (it’s nice that it’s not been cut shorter) so you can watch it any time online. I actually like it more than the recording and tv broadcast of their R&J balcony pas de deux (as the R&J had one slight error in close up which should have been edited better or even re-filmed and edited in, but  wasn’t), as their Swan Lake pas de deux portrays  a young Odette and a young Siegfried falling in love, which has a sweet youthful charm (while still being outstanding dancers) that more mature and  experienced artists can’t replicate. Am still hoping I can catch them paired together again in a complete ballet- the last was Rhapsody last year, when they were simply spectacular together. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

Thanks Emeralds for the info! 
I saw them in Rhapsody and loved it too. 
I donated the ticket money to see them in Swan Lake April 2020 to the ROH as was feeling particularly generous back then!! 
I need to check who I saw in Swan Lake I’m pretty sure it was Fumi and for some reason only went to the one performance as didn’t get to see Francesca for sure. 

• Like 1

I think I’m losing it a bit! 
I did go twice to Swan Lake : Fumi and Bonelli…his last performance I believe so don’t know how I could forget that… and my second visit was Magri/Corrales!!!! ….. so certainly don’t know how I didn’t remember these two performances  off the top of my head!! And not THAT long ago!  
But I had intended to see Francesca as well back then so something must have got in the way of that plan! 

Thanks for the above clip will now indulge in watching it a few times! 

• Like 1

I saw their Swan Lake dress rehearsal. Cesar was fantastic and really exciting to watch, Francesca was really struggling unfortunately and didn’t appear ready.  I know she has said she didn’t feel ready at that time and felt so much better when she did finally get to dance the role.  I wonder why they changed the pairings though.

I’m really glad I didn’t see her struggling that would have upset me. 
However I think she would make a lovely Odette when she has the choreography under her grasp. 
I would be fascinated how she would play the Odile role as she’s not a naturally fiery or showy dancer but hopefully will get to see later in the season! 
Francesca has given me two very special evenings at the ballet ….those really memorable evenings that stick in the memory a very long time afterwards ..…once in Giselle (with Campbell) and once in Romeo and Juliet (with Coralles). 
I would love her to do Fille!! 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I’m really glad I didn’t see her struggling that would have upset me. 
However I think she would make a lovely Odette when she has the choreography under her grasp. 
I would be fascinated how she would play the Odile role as she’s not a naturally fiery or showy dancer but hopefully will get to see later in the season! 
Francesca has given me two very special evenings at the ballet ….those really memorable evenings that stick in the memory a very long time afterwards ..…once in Giselle (with Campbell) and once in Romeo and Juliet (with Coralles). 
I would love her to do Fille!! 

I saw her with William Bracewell and her Odile was most impressive. I preferred that to her Odette, if I'm honest. She was feisty, sexy and fun. However, some of the choreography was still not mastered and she has said how exhausting she found the role (on Instagram with photos supporting that). My heart went out to her, but I really enjoyed the performance. 

• Like 1

So lovely to see this compilation, especially to revist his pre-professional days. You can already see his incredible technique and precision as Billy Elliot.

I really hope he's back to full fitness soon. Such an incredible dancer and wish all the opportunity for him to continue with his career.

• Like 6