English National Ballet: Cinderella in the Round casting, June 2023

Literally hot off the press:

"The role of Cinderella will be performed by Lead Principals Shiori Kase and Erina Takahashi, Principal Emma Hawes, and Soloist Precious Adams

Prince Guillaume will be danced by Lead Principal Francesco Gabriele Frola, Principal Aitor Arrieta, First Soloist Daniel McCormick, and Junior Soloist Lorenzo Trossello

These performances will mark a debut in the respective roles for Precious Adams, Daniel McCormick and Lorenzo Trossello. The run will also mark the in-the-round debut performances for Shiori Kase and Aitor Arrieta, who previously danced the roles of Cinderella and Prince Guillaume in the proscenium production."

Not sure I can actually access the full blurb where I am at present.

• Like 2

Cinderella in the round casting is now on the ENB website.  I was about to start a new thread when I noticed Alison's post.  Here's the casting: 

https://www.ballet.org.uk/production/cinderella-in-the-round/#cast-section

Edited to add that I was trying to post the link to the full casting but it hasn't worked.  You just need to click on 'see casting for all dates'.

Edited by Bluebird

I've managed to copy and paste it:

Royal Albert Hall, Thu 15 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Fri 16 Jun 2023, 2pm

Royal Albert Hall, Fri 16 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sat 17 Jun 2023, 2pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sat 17 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sun 18 Jun 2023, 2.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Tue 20 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Wed 21 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Thu 22 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Fri 23 Jun 2023, 2pm

Royal Albert Hall, Fri 23 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sat 24 Jun 2023, 2pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sat 24 Jun 2023, 7.30pm

Royal Albert Hall, Sun 25 Jun 2023, 2.30pm

Edited by alison
Struck through as casting has changed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some interesting casting there. No sign of Fernanda Oliveira, Natascha Mair or Katja Khaniukova, all of whom are senior to Precious Adams. Actually I'm surprised there are only 4 casts altogether, given the number of performances in a short space I was expecting more. Also Hawes & Arrieta get the first night for the second production running.

• Like 1

Personally I think its pretty bad to need to go to your third and fourth ranks to fill the leads for a major narrative ballet. Just one cast with [lead] principals in both roles. From Cojocaru & Hernandez in opening night 2019 to Hawes and Arrieta in 2023...

• Like 2

My memories of the production are a little hazy but I'm pretty sure the Prince has more to do in this production than he does in the Ashton Cinderella.  When they last performed in the Albert Hall, the announced casting included the role of the Prince's friend, Benjamin.  I'm surprised it's not been announced this time as it's quite an important role.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TSR101 said:

Personally I think its pretty bad to need to go to your third and fourth ranks to fill the leads for a major narrative ballet. Just one cast with [lead] principals in both roles. From Cojocaru & Hernandez in opening night 2019 to Hawes and Arrieta in 2023...

I think that ENB has often cast seemingly more 'junior' members of the Company in leading roles with considerable success. 

I agree that Cojocaru is very special but Hawes and Arrieta are a very good pairing and I for one am happy to see that (e.g.) Precious Adams and Lorenzo Trossello are being given the opportunity.

IIRC the Prince and his friend Benjamin appear quite early on in this version of the ballet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TSR101 said:

27 minutes ago, capybara said:

I think that ENB has often cast seemingly more 'junior' members of the Company in leading roles with considerable success. 

I agree that Cojocaru is very special but Hawes and Arrieta are a very good pairing and I for one am happy to see that (e.g.) Precious Adams and Lorenzo Trossello are being given the opportunity.

IIRC the Prince and his friend Benjamin appear quite early on in this version of the ballet

Funny how differently we all see things.

I was exceedingly pleased to see both Precious Adams and Lorenzo Trossello cast in the major roles and if I had been able to come those were the 2 casts I would have gone for.

However all the casts are enticing to me.

• Like 7

It's a funny thing about ENB that they have all these ranks but often seem to give quite important parts and even first nights to people lower down the pecking order. I'm thinking particularly of James Streeter as Albrecht in the Akram Khan version, but there are some favourite dancers who regularly dance lead roles and aren't Principals.

I rather like this about ENB, but it does raise questions about why some have not been promoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterS said:

If you’ll pardon my ignorance, how big a role does the Prince have in this version compared to the recent RB version? 

It’s bigger in that he gets more stage time and is in all the acts. There is a scene of him in childhood, playing pranks with his friend Benjamin (no jester- you could say Benjamin is a bit like Benno in Peter Wright’s Swan Lake, as he also gets a pas de deux and solos), and as an adult he has a rather Prince Siegfried-like scene with his parents who want him to invite some foreign princesses to a ball to choose a bride, which he’s not keen on.

And like the Rossini opera version of Cinderella, he dresses up as a beggar, switches places with Benjamin who is now tasked with acting as the decoy Prince. He arrives at Cinderella’s house to see who will take pity on the (fake) beggar, ie him, and Cinderella is the only one to give him shelter, food and a warm seat by the fire. This version also uses the music where goes around the world (or just 3 countries in the production!) to look for Cinderella.

It’s a role with a lot of acting and comedy, rather than lots  more classical solos/pas de deux/technical virtuosity than Ashton’s. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They seem to have read our posts about putting the Cinderella and Guillaume as preliminary casting first, with the Stepsisters, Stepmother and Benjamin roles not yet announced. 😁

I’m a bit aghast not to see Oliveira as Cinderella, as I was hoping to catch her in this role as she wasn’t in the two shows I booked last time. I wonder if that means she will be cast as the Stepmother, which is still quite a large role (rather like Queen of Hearts from Wheeldon’s Alice and Princess Epine from Prince of the Pagodas combined), but more acting than classical dancing. But the last ballerina I saw cast as Stepmother, Begona Cao, gave a magnificent performance- then left the company shortly after! 😢Please make sure you stay on, Fernanda! 🙂  Or perhaps she will dance Edwina (the mean Stepsister) again/as well?

So I guess Khaniukova might be Clementine (the timid Stepsister) again? And perhaps Mair as one of the Stepsisters.  I was right that Daniel McCormick would get Guillaume this time-huzzah. Congratulations to Daniel, Lorenzo Trossello and Precious Adams on being cast as the leads in Cinderella for the first time! On the plus side, I’m just relieved that at least Frola is still cast as Guillaume and not the Stepmother. 😂 (Ok he could theoretically still be doing both-not in the same show, obviously - though unlikely. As long as he is still dancing the Prince!) 😁 Ok, off to check the box office....

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Emeralds said:

On the plus side, I’m just relieved that at least Frola is still cast as Guillaume and not the Stepmother. 😂 (Ok he could theoretically still be doing both-not in the same show, obviously - though unlikely. As long as he is still dancing the Prince!) 😁 Ok, off to check the box office....

I can't believe they'd not cast their only male Lead Principal as the Prince! I wonder if he'll be doing Benjamin again, as I have a feeling he did last time though I only saw him do the Prince. I had a look at the tickets & was rather horrified that the same area I paid about £40 for last time is now almost £60. Hmm, I'm going to have to think about whether I really want to see this again.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I can't believe they'd not cast their only male Lead Principal as the Prince! I wonder if he'll be doing Benjamin again, as I have a feeling he did last time though I only saw him do the Prince. I had a look at the tickets & was rather horrified that the same area I paid about £40 for last time is now almost £60. Hmm, I'm going to have to think about whether I really want to see this again.

I was joking that he’d be cast in a role we don’t expect, of course, Dawnstar.... 😉.....but never say never, as I thought Oliveira would definitely be cast as Cinderella again. Why do I keep getting thwarted from seeing her ballerina roles? Eg Clara, Odette/Odile, now Cinderella (the previous two occasions were due to the casting being announced so late that I couldn’t clear my schedule for her dates.....and a strike finished off the only date I could clear.). I hope she’s cast as Clara and Giselle for December and January!  🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

In this production, it is possible to have the same ballerina dance both Stepmother and Cinderella though I’ve not seen it at ENB yet (or a Stepsister and Cinderella, which Kase and Hawes both did), and the same danseur as Guillaume and Benjamin (which Cirio did, and I think you could be right that Frola did too, though there is no public online archive to check for ENB like the one for ROH.)

I know what you mean about the tickets- but just tell yourself “can’t get stalls seats for under £100 for RB Cinderella”......then the ENB tickets will seem like a bargain! That’s the only way to stay positive about it. 🌈. I just realised today while shopping that the cost of my entire breakfast has gone up by 20% since 12 months ago. (And I’m not having champagne and caviar at breakfast- this is just basic items like milk, a boiled egg, toast, butter and tea!) 😮

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emeralds said:

In this production, it is possible to have .....the same danseur as Guillaume and Benjamin (which Cirio did, and I think you could be right that Frola did too, though there is no public online archive to check for ENB like the one for ROH.)

I don't remember how, but I found the 2019 casting.  I've hesitated to post it in case it confuses people so I'll try to highlight the year:

2019 Cinderella in-the-round casting 2019

Please note: casting is subject to change. In the order of Cinderella, the Prince and Benjamin.

2019 Thursday 6 June, 7.30pm 
Alina Cojocaru, Isaac Hernández, Jeffrey Cirio

2019 Friday 7 June, 2pm 2019
Emma Hawes, Francesco Gabriele Frola, Ken Saruhashi

2019 Friday 7 June, 7.30pm
Erina Takahashi, Joseph Caley, Barry Drummond

2019 Saturday 8 June, 2pm
Alina Cojocaru, Isaac Hernández, Ken Saruhashi

2019 Saturday 8 June, 7.30pm
Maria Kochetkova, Jeffrey Cirio, Francesco Gabriele Frola

2019 Sunday 9 June, 2.30pm

2019 Tuesday 11 June, 7.30pm
Alina Cojocaru, Isaac Hernández, Ken Saruhashi

2019 Wednesday 12 June, 7.30pm
Maria Kochetkova, Jeffrey Cirio, Francesco Gabriele Frola

2019 Thursday 13 June, 7.30pm

2019 Friday 14 June, 2pm

2019 Friday 14 June, 7.30pm
Maria Kochetkova, Jeffrey Cirio, Barry Drummond

2019 Saturday 15 June, 2pm

2019 Saturday 15 June, 7.30pm
Alina Cojocaru, Isaac Hernández, Jeffrey Cirio

2019 Sunday 16 June, 2.30pm

NB THIS IS THE 2019 CASTING

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Emeralds said:

I know what you mean about the tickets- but just tell yourself “can’t get stalls seats for under £100 for RB Cinderella”......then the ENB tickets will seem like a bargain! That’s the only way to stay positive about it.

I think of the side stalls blocks at the RAH as being more akin to the sides of the stalls circle at the ROH (for which I've been paying £70 for Cinderella) when it's an in the round staging. I certainly had a side-on view in 2019 and there were some aspects of the staging, especially the rear projections, that I just didn't see properly & didn't even realise I had missed until I saw an online stream of the proscenium version. I thought it worked better in the prosceunium version & wish ENB were doing that rather than in the round again.

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to English National Ballet: Cinderella in the Round casting, June 2023

I agree- I really wouldn’t advise booking the boxes and side stalls seats in G and O which have more views of the dancers’ backs and sides than those in the K area. 

NB to all- they have different pricing for different days/times. I found the Sat matinee most expensive, the Fri and Sat evening less so, and Mon to Wed evening cheapest for the exact same seats, so choose carefully. Similar to how Birmingham Hippodrome has tiered pricing, but less transparent or obvious about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Impressive storage and retrieval on your device, @Bluebird! Great job! It’s like 2019 all over again! I saw Barry Drummond as Benjamin before he left ENB to perform in West End musicals (eg My Fair Lady) and other stage work- he was every bit as good as the principals. 

@Dawnstar-still plenty of seats with good views in the K,J, L blocks of the stalls that are as close as those at ROH and almost half the price (and presumably weekday is better for you re: transport anyway) so don’t be discouraged!  Even the Sat matinee prices for me were better than similar seats at ROH, West End or stadium/arena productions, so I am quite happy about the shows I picked (although I ended up having to go for evenings only because of schedule constraints). Just wondered if I will end up not being able to get Fernanda Oliveira in one of them though. I believe they did publish the Stepmother and Stepsister casting a few weeks before the performances in 2019 though, so fingers crossed.

Edited by Emeralds

The official press release announcing casting.  Sorry it's late - I didn't have access to the PR inbox for a few days.

English National Ballet 
Cinderella in-the-round 
Royal Albert Hall 
Thursday 15 – Sunday 25 June 2023 
www.ballet.org.uk/production/cinderella-in-the-round/

English National Ballet returns to Royal Albert Hall from 15 - 25 June 2023 to present Cinderella in-the-round by award winning choreographer Christopher Wheeldon. 

Cinderella in-the-round, co-produced by English National Ballet and the Royal Albert Hall, promises to delight audiences. The ever-popular fairy tale will be performed by over 90 dancers and set to Prokofiev’s distinctive score performed live by English National Ballet Philharmonic.

Principal casting for the performances sees Soloist Precious Adams debut in the title role of Cinderella and debuting as Prince Guillaume are First Soloist Daniel McCormick and Junior Soloist Lorenzo Trossello. Lead Principals Shiori Kase and Erina Takahashi and Principal Emma Hawes also perform in the role of Cinderella with Lead Principal Francesco Gabriele Frola and Principal Aitor Arrieta performing in the role of Prince Guillaume. 

Working with the Brothers Grimm darkly gripping version of the story, Wheeldon originally created Cinderella to great acclaim for Dutch National Ballet and San Francisco Ballet. He reunited with his creative team to create this spectacular restaging, last performed by English National Ballet at the Royal Albert Hall in 2019. 

Four years after its successful run at the Royal Albert Hall, this sparkling production returns with impressive sets, lavish costumes designed by Julian Crouch – founder of the influential theatre company Improbable – puppetry from Basil Twist, whose credits include Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and My Neighbour Totoro, and projections from Daniel Brodie (Aladdin, Motown the Musical). 

English National Ballet has presented large-scale in-the-round productions at the Royal Albert Hall since 1997, including versions of Swan Lake and Romeo & Juliet. 

Cinderella in-the-round Principal casting (in the order of Cinderella and Prince Guillaume)
Principal casting is subject to change, please see 
www.ballet.org.uk for up-to-date casting. 

Thursday 15 June (Press night: 7.30pm)
Emma Hawes and Aitor Arrieta

Friday 16 June (2pm)
Precious Adams* and Daniel McCormick* 

Friday 16 June (7.30pm)
Erina Takahashi and Francesco Gabriele Frola 

Saturday 17 June (2pm)
Shiori Kase and Lorenzo Trossello*

Saturday 17 June (7.30pm)

Sunday 18 June (2.30pm)

Tuesday 20 June (7.30pm)
Shiori Kase and Lorenzo Trossello

Wednesday 21 June (7.30pm)

Thursday 22 June (7.30pm)

Friday 23 June (2pm)
Precious Adams and Daniel McCormick

Friday 23 June (7.30pm)

Saturday 24 June (2pm)
Shiori Kase and Lorenzo Trossello

Saturday 24 June (7.30pm)

Sunday 25 June (2.30pm)
Precious Adams and Daniel McCormick

*Debut in role 

-ENDS-

Listings: 

English National Ballet
Cinderella in-the-round
Royal Albert Hall

Thursday 15 – Sunday 25 June 2023 
Tickets from £25
www.ballet.org.uk/cinderella-in-the-round / www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/cinderella

Credits: 

Choreography: Christopher Wheeldon

Music: Sergei Prokofiev
Libretto: Craig Lucas
Design: Julian Crouch 

Lighting Design: Natasha Katz

Puppetry Design: Basil Twist Projection

Design: Daniel Brodie 

Notes to Editors 

English National Ballet is a National Portfolio Organisation supported by Arts Council England. Ballymore is Principal Building Partner of English National Ballet. 

About English National Ballet 

English National Ballet has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1950 as London Festival Ballet by the great English dancers Alicia Markova and Anton Dolin, it has been at the forefront of ballet’s growth and evolution ever since. 

English National Ballet brings world class ballet to the widest possible audience through performances across the UK and on eminent international stages; its distinguished orchestra, English National Ballet Philharmonic; its digital platforms Ballet on Demand and BalletActive; being a UK leader in creative learning and engagement practice, building innovative partnerships to deliver flagship programmes such as Dance for Parkinson’s; and through talent development initiatives including Ballet Futures which looks to create a more diverse and inclusive future for the artform. 

English National Ballet continues to add ground-breaking new works to its repertoire whilst celebrating the tradition of great classical ballet, gaining acclaim for artistic excellence and creativity. 2019 saw the Company enter a new chapter in its history with a move to a purpose-built state-of-the-art home in east London, allowing a renewed commitment to creativity, ambition, and connection to more people, near and far, than ever before.

Edited by alison
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Further casting is announced for Christopher Wheeldon's sparkling production. 

The role of Stepmother Hortensia will be performed by First Artists Isabelle Brouwers*, Sarah Kundi and Angela Wood*, and Artist of the Company Eireen Evrard*

Stepsister Edwina will be danced by Lead Principal Fernanda Oliveira, Principal Natascha Mair*, and Junior Soloist Emily Suzuki*. Stepsister Clementine will be portrayed by First Soloist Katja Khaniukova, Soloist Julia Conway, Junior Soloist Francesca Velicu* and First Artist Jung ah Choi*.

The role of Benjamin, the Prince's best friend, will be performed by First Soloist Ken Saruhashi, and by First Artists Henry Dowden, Victor Prigent* and Rhys Antoni Yeomans*.

Come and watch these fantastic dancers shine in this beautiful fairy tale.

Daily casting can be found on our website."

Cinderella in-the-round 15 – 25 June 2023, Royal Albert Hall Casting is subject to change

Thursday 15 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Emma Hawes Prince Guillaume Aitor Arrieta Stepmother Hortensia Sarah Kundi Stepsister Edwina Fernanda Oliveira Stepsister Clementine Katja Khaniukova Benjamin Ken Saruhashi Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

Friday 16 June, 2pm Cinderella Precious Adams* Prince Guillaume Daniel McCormick* Stepmother Hortensia Isabelle Brouwers* Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki* Stepsister Clementine Jung ah Choi* Benjamin Victor Prigent* Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Friday 16 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Erina Takahashi Prince Guillaume Francesco Gabriele Frola Stepmother Hortensia Angela Wood* Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Julia Conway Benjamin Rhys Antoni Yeomans* Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

Saturday 17 June, 2pm Cinderella Shiori Kase Prince Guillaume Lorenzo Trossello* Stepmother Hortensia Eireen Evrard* Stepsister Edwina Natascha Mair* Stepsister Clementine Francesca Velicu* Benjamin Henry Dowden Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Saturday 17 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Emma Hawes Prince Guillaume Aitor Arrieta Stepmother Hortensia Sarah Kundi Stepsister Edwina Fernanda Oliveira Stepsister Clementine Katja Khaniukova Benjamin Ken Saruhashi Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland Sunday

18 June, 2.30pm Cinderella Erina Takahashi Prince Guillaume Francesco Gabriele Frola Stepmother Hortensia Angela Wood Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Julia Conway Benjamin Rhys Antoni Yeomans Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

Tuesday 20 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Shiori Kase Prince Guillaume Lorenzo Trossello Stepmother Hortensia Eireen Evrard Stepsister Edwina Natascha Mair Stepsister Clementine Francesca Velicu Benjamin Henry Dowden Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Wednesday 21 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Erina Takahashi Prince Guillaume Francesco Gabriele Frola Stepmother Hortensia Angela Wood Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Julia Conway Benjamin Rhys Antoni Yeomans Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Thursday 22 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Emma Hawes Prince Guillaume Aitor Arrieta Stepmother Hortensia Sarah Kundi Stepsister Edwina Fernanda Oliveira Stepsister Clementine Katja Khaniukova Benjamin Ken Saruhashi Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland Friday

23 June, 2pm Cinderella Precious Adams Prince Guillaume Daniel McCormick Stepmother Hortensia Isabelle Brouwers Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Jung ah Choi Benjamin Victor Prigent Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Friday 23 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Erina Takahashi Prince Guillaume Francesco Gabriele Frola Stepmother Hortensia Angela Wood Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Julia Conway Benjamin Rhys Antoni Yeomans Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

Saturday 24 June, 2pm Cinderella Shiori Kase Prince Guillaume Lorenzo Trossello Stepmother Hortensia Eireen Evrard Stepsister Edwina Natascha Mair Stepsister Clementine Francesca Velicu Benjamin Henry Dowden Guest Conductor Daniel Parkinson

Saturday 24 June, 7.30pm Cinderella Emma Hawes Prince Guillaume Aitor Arrieta Stepmother Hortensia Sarah Kundi Stepsister Edwina Fernanda Oliveira Stepsister Clementine Katja Khaniukova Benjamin Ken Saruhashi Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

Sunday 25 June, 2.30pm Cinderella Precious Adams Prince Guillaume Daniel McCormick Stepmother Hortensia Isabelle Brouwers Stepsister Edwina Emily Suzuki Stepsister Clementine Jung ah Choi Benjamin Victor Prigent Principal Guest Conductor Gavin Sutherland

*Debut in role

Edited by alison
  • Thanks 3

I’ve just emailed them as I’m sure they mentioned in one email that there would be a Friends rehearsal and to watch out for further info. 
But as it’s only two weeks away now I was wondering if this rehearsal was no longer happening or at least not for public viewing etc. 

Will see what they say anyway. 

• Like 2

In a strange and rare quirk, all the Stepsisters and Benjamins I previously missed or wanted to see are already  in my bookings (even the conductor “casting” is spot on) so am very happy about the casting. Gosh, Emily Suzuki is Stepsister to two different Cinderellas- she’s dancing almost everyday! Looking forward to it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Casting  changes (due to injury)

• Emma Hawes and Aitor Arrieta are replaced by Erina Takahashi and Francesco Gabriele Frola (on Thu 15 Jun 7.30pm), and Precious Adams and Daniel McCormick (on Sat 17 Jun 7.30pm).
  • Ivana Bueno replaces Emma Hawes on Thu 22 Jun 7.30pm and Sat 24 Jun 7.30pm; she will be making her debut as Cinderella, dancing with Aitor Arrieta.
  • Like 1

So, I'm rather assuming from this that Arrieta isn't injured, but that Bueno is being given as much time as possible to rehearse.  Fortunately(?), circumstances have prevented me from advance booking thus far, so I'll have a think about my schedule.

Best wishes to Emma Hawes for a full and preferably speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Yes, thankfully  Aitor Arrieta isn’t injured as well. It makes sense for the two senior principal dancers of Takahashi and Frola to be moved to the first night (which also has the wonderful Oliveira, Khaniukova and Kundi as the stepsisters and stepmother in the cast) rather than putting undue pressure (the critics!) on a First Artist and an unfamiliar partner on first night, which is just three days away. Actually, I was surprised that Takahashi and Frola weren’t scheduled for the first night right at the start, but better late than never.

Wishing Emma a speedy recovery - hope it’s not anything very  severe. And best wishes to Ivana on her debut - how thrilling! I’m now booked to see her and Aitor. Kudos to the ENB marketing/sales team - their booking website has already been updated with the new casting information, which is also very easy to get access to.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2023 at 20:25, Dawnstar said:

Now they've announced fuller casting, as usual the dancers I'd ideally like to see are spread across several casts!

Don’t know if you already booked, Dawnstar, but a slight adjustment in casting now means that Frola and Takahashi have Khaniukova and Oliveira as Stepsisters and Saruhashi as Benjamin on 15 June (first night). Would that be Cinderella/Prince/Stepsisters/Benjamin combination you were looking for?

Adams and McCormick also pick up an extra performance, dancing with Oliveira and Khaniukova as their Stepsisters and Saruhashi as their Benjamin on Sat 17 June evening (although that’s the night of Morera’s farewell at ROH). 

4 hours ago, Emeralds said:

Don’t know if you already booked, Dawnstar, but a slight adjustment in casting now means that Frola and Takahashi have Khaniukova and Oliveira as Stepsisters and Saruhashi as Benjamin on 15 June (first night). Would that be Cinderella/Prince/Stepsisters/Benjamin combination you were looking for?

Getting there but not entirely! I haven't booked yet, partly because I'm waiting to see what the weather's going to do. I don't want to be trudging up Exhibition Road in 27 degree heat & have found the RAH pretty hot for Proms in previous years, so I'm holding off & hoping next week will be cooler.

• Like 1