Royal Ballet Preferred Principal Partnerships

There are some fabulous photos on Yasmine Naghdi’s Instagram page of her partnered with William Bracewell in the Roberto Bolle and Friends performances. It looks like an absolutely fabulous partnership - it would be lovely for these two to dance together ‘back home’ too (although I know it does seem that both are in demand as partners to various dancers despite the established Naghdi/Ball and Kaneko/Bracewell partnerships). 

• Like 4

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Legseleven said:

There are some fabulous photos on Yasmine Naghdi’s Instagram page of her partnered with William Bracewell in the Roberto Bolle and Friends performances. It looks like an absolutely fabulous partnership - it would be lovely for these two to dance together ‘back home’ too (although I know it does seem that both are in demand as partners to various dancers despite the established Naghdi/Ball and Kaneko/Bracewell partnerships). 

Perhaps this will allow Vadim to partner Fumi at the ROH. I'm sure Matthew will have no problem getting a partner!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Legseleven said:

Yes, I would absolutely love to see them (Naghdi/Bracewell) dance the whole of R&J together.  I think it would be fabulous.  

• Like 8

I’ve ‘liked’ all these posts because I think it’s time to ‘stir the pot’ in terms of RB partnerships.

Fumi Kaneko and Yasmine Naghdi (please note alphabetical order) are absolute ‘top drawer’ Principal ballerinas (there are, of course, others!!!!) who seem to be appreciated as such more abroad than they are here.

One has to wonder why that is but I would probably need to run for cover if I shared my thoughts on that conundrum.

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, capybara said:

Fumi Kaneko and Yasmine Naghdi (please note alphabetical order) are absolute ‘top drawer’ Principal ballerinas (there are, of course, others!!!!) who seem to be appreciated as such more abroad than they are here.

One has to wonder why that is but I would probably need to run for cover if I shared my thoughts on that conundrum.

My two favourites - so fully appreciated here! 🙂

• Like 7

I saw some filmed snippets of Bracewell/Naghdi dancing Romeo and Juliet in Verona and they looked amazing together. Lovely to mix the partnerships up, I think. I'd love to see them paired. :) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, capybara said:

I’ve ‘liked’ all these posts because I think it’s time to ‘stir the pot’ in terms of RB partnerships.

Ooh please do share your thoughts I’d be very interested to hear them. 

16 hours ago, capybara said:

16 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

I think that many of us would love to hear your thoughts, Capybara, and have no doubt that the reception on the forum would be deeply appreciative. 

18 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

Mine too!  Yasmine Naghdi & Fumi Kaneko (and accordingly, Ball and Bracewell) are almost always my first choice of cast now, especially since Bonelli retired.  

• Like 6