The Hammond School 2023

Dancemum19

28 minutes ago, DanceDad26 said:

Hi! Our daughter was offered a place after her audition in January but unfortunately didn't get funding. However we just received an email asking for financial information for funding.  Does this mean she got funding or is on a waiting list? Very confused!

Last year my dd didn’t receive an mds but the school asked us for financial info to apply for a bursary, I guess that’s what this is too. (My dd was offered an mds at a later date) 

• Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The school used to have the wonderful Janet Starmer who knew everything there was to know and more about funding and gave detailed explanations about the process at open days and audition days.  I wouldn't know who to suggest you ask now I'm afraid.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 21:48, Petruska said:

Did anyone here get an immediate on the day offer in person from Hammond? For the lower dance school? 

Hi, we were offered a place on the day we auditioned. I think 4 children were out of all that auditioned. But I’m still in the dark about whether it’s an offer of a place with funding or just ‘hey you can come but you have to give us £30k!!’ I was told she scored highly but I was too nervous to ask about the funding and now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t. Part of me thinks surely they wouldn’t bring us back into the room, a panel of 4 judges, tell my daughters she’s got a place which obvs she’s over the moon about, if they aren’t going to offer her the funding too??? Anyone know? Xxx

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Shelovesdance said:

Hi, we were offered a place on the day we auditioned. I think 4 children were out of all that auditioned. But I’m still in the dark about whether it’s an offer of a place with funding or just ‘hey you can come but you have to give us £30k!!’ I was told she scored highly but I was too nervous to ask about the funding and now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t. Part of me thinks surely they wouldn’t bring us back into the room, a panel of 4 judges, tell my daughters she’s got a place which obvs she’s over the moon about, if they aren’t going to offer her the funding too??? Anyone know? Xxx

18 minutes ago, Dancemum19 said:

Sorry can I ask what year your daughter is going in to? And congratulations on the offer! We are still waiting to see about our funding? 

Year 8 xx

1 hour ago, Dancemum19 said:

I know same as me she auditioned on the 13th February! When did your son or daughter audition? 

Wow you’ve had a month waiting!!! Poor you. She auditioned 2 weeks ago but I was hoping now they’ve finished the auditions they’d be sending out all the funding information. I have heard they are a brilliant school, the kids have an absolute ball there but the admin side can be a bit slow. Worth the wait as long as the funding is what we are expecting. Hope you hear soon xx

• Like 1

My Daughter had her audition on 13th February and we found out on the 1st march ( horrible waiting that long) she has been offered a place! But then a week later we received about applying for funding! Good luck! It's worth the wait!!! X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taximum said:

Ours auditioned last week and the wait is agonising - I think we’d really struggle with a whole month!! @Shelovesdance, have you heard anything at all, even if just an offer?  

Hi @Taximum Yes she was offered a place on the day she auditioned but I don’t know if it makes a difference that she was applying for year 8. But I just want to make sure it is funded and not an offer based on me being able to afford £30k a year….which I definitely can not!! I don’t even get paid that much! I don’t know of the kids auditioning for a year 7 place were told on the spot,  don’t think they were but I couldn’t be sure as we were last out so I didn’t see anyone else. Massive good luck to your daughter/son and fingers crossed you hear about a) a place and then b) funding super soon xx

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone can advise. My daughter had an audition for upper school MT diploma course on Monday and was offered a place on the day. I’ve not heard anything since. Are all places funded but means tests for DADAs or are they a selected few? Also how does it work with boarding. On the website board isn’t stated for post 16 and it isn’t on their calculator either. I have emailed and asked the questions but reading this forum I’m guessing it will take a while to get a response. 

18 minutes ago, Gq2505 said:

I wonder if anyone can advise. My daughter had an audition for upper school MT diploma course on Monday and was offered a place on the day. I’ve not heard anything since. Are all places funded but means tests for DADAs or are they a selected few? Also how does it work with boarding. On the website board isn’t stated for post 16 and it isn’t on their calculator either. I have emailed and asked the questions but reading this forum I’m guessing it will take a while to get a response. 

DADAs are awarded in order of the "talent list" each college puts together. They are means tested but when the college's pot runs out, that's it. Anybody still on the list would have to self-fund.

The Hammond has just started sending out paperwork for provisional DADA awards. Some people will decline theirs to take a place elsewhere, so more awards will be made as the weeks go on.

Boarding at the Hammond is available for 16+ and we were told most first year diploma students use it. 

Hope that helps! 

4 minutes ago, Streetdancer said:

DADAs are awarded in order of the "talent list" each college puts together. They are means tested but when the college's pot runs out, that's it. Anybody still on the list would have to self-fund.

The Hammond has just started sending out paperwork for provisional DADA awards. Some people will decline theirs to take a place elsewhere, so more awards will be made as the weeks go on.

Boarding at the Hammond is available for 16+ and we were told most first year diploma students use it. 

Hope that helps! 

Thank you :) 

On 10/03/2023 at 13:04, Shelovesdance said:

Year 8 xx

On 10/03/2023 at 12:42, Shelovesdance said:

I’m in the same position. We must have been at the same audition! We were offered on the day but still waiting to hear anything formal!

On 17/03/2023 at 14:03, Shelovesdance said:

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard anything? My daughter is going to the Easter intensive and they sent an email about that today, I got all excited thinking it was about the school place…it’s torture waiting xxx

Nothing here ☹️

4 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

@Petruska @Shelovesdance what day did your daughter’s audition? Mine was told on the day she had a funded place but we’re still awaiting confirmation on how much funding this will be. I called the school last week and they said we can expect to hear this week 🤞🏻

I wasn’t aware there was an Easter intensive, I’ll have a look! 

Only a couple of weeks ago. I’ve just received the forms today to fill in. Hopefully you’ll hear soon then, how long ago did she audition? Was it your daughter who was early Feb? It feels like things are moving now so we should all start getting the info fingers crossed xx

1 hour ago, Jewel said:

Provisional usually means as long as you are entitled to it eg you earn within the means tested income and qualify on residence/nationality etc basis.

On the basis that I’m poor, I can only assume I’ll qualify!!!!! Thankyou for clarifying! I wasn’t sure if it meant something like ‘if there’s anything left in the pot, you may get it!’