The Hammond School 2023

Dancemum19

42 minutes ago, BalletcoForum Moderators said:

Some posts on this thread have been hidden as they are hearsay rather than personal experience.

Posts that are responses to those posts have also been hidden.

The Moderation Team would remind you of the section of the Acceptable Use Policy relating specifically to discussion of schools states

"Discussion of schools and courses This may lead to the expression of strong opinions, both positive and negative when experiences and views have understandably differed. Against that background, the general Acceptable Use Policy Conditions continue to apply but, as regards schools and courses, additional parameters are added.
    •    Posts about schools or courses must report personal experiences only (posted by the student, the student’s parent/guardian or the student’s teacher with permission).
    •    They must not include second-hand information or innuendo e.g. claiming to speak on someone else’s behalf, for “many people”, for “the majority of students” and so forth.
    •    Nothing should be included that could be construed as defamatory in any way and which could therefore lead to legal ramifications for the Forum and members."

Has my reply been taken down? I stated that my opinion is not hearsay. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Beanerina said:

Hi. Has anyone heard anything about funding yet? We were at the Zoom a couple of weeks ago, when we were told we would hear by now, but nothing as yet. 

Not heard anything here yet either. I know some people have though, so wondering if that just means we're not going to.

11 minutes ago, DanceDad26 said:

Not heard anything here yet either. I know some people have though, so wondering if that just means we're not going to.

That’s my worry although surely we’ll be told if it’s a no as well. We got the financial forms with the offer and returned them with all the information.

We have had confirmation of MDS funding through this week. With forms to follow. And this time it was definitely MDS plus uniform and travel. So I think it is more a trickle than all at once. So another child might hear this week, then another next maybe. I think it’s as all the dance schools are working out who is going where. Keep strong xxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/05/2023 at 20:15, Beanerina said:

Hi. Has anyone heard anything about funding yet? We were at the Zoom a couple of weeks ago, when we were told we would hear by now, but nothing as yet. 

Nothing here yet either. 😢

On 01/05/2023 at 20:42, DanceDad26 said:

We’ve had nothing either, not even the boarding forms. Emailed yesterday but have had no response. Will try phoning tomorrow. Really can’t make any plans without knowing what’s happening. Good luck to everyone else, who’s waiting.

17 hours ago, Dancing.shoes said:

Has anyone heard anything else this week re. Funding? X

Still nothing here. In all honesty I'm prepared to not hear anything for a while as I know someone else who went through the same. Any notifications would be good though. Just as reassurance it's under consideration.

1 hour ago, starsmum said:

Still nothing here. In all honesty I'm prepared to not hear anything for a while as I know someone else who went through the same. Any notifications would be good though. Just as reassurance it's under consideration.

Did the DC of that other person go there in the end? We haven't formally announced our acceptance of a place yet and were holding off until we got news re the funding side of things.

1 hour ago, Beanerina said:

Did the DC of that other person go there in the end? We haven't formally announced our acceptance of a place yet and were holding off until we got news re the funding side of things.

No. They did get a bursary awarded which worked out about half the funds required, but they still couldn't afford the difference themselves. They still hung on in there incase any other funding became available e.g students dropping out prior to Sept. 

Did you have to accept by a certain date? We were given a date. Do they assume you're not going if you don't fill in the reg forms?

Edited by starsmum

2 hours ago, starsmum said:

No. They did get a bursary awarded which worked out about half the funds required, but they still couldn't afford the difference themselves. They still hung on in there incase any other funding became available e.g students dropping out prior to Sept. 

Did you have to accept by a certain date? We were given a date. Do they assume you're not going if you don't fill in the reg forms?

Yes we had to accept by 10 March and get all the forms inc finance forms and info back along with the acceptance fee. We did that all in time. I don’t know if they assume you’re not going if you haven’t formally accepted by the deadline but if they’re still communicating with you I guess it looks like it’s still open. It’s all a bit of a mystery to me.

15 hours ago, DanceDad26 said:

I didn't think they did bursary and it was just the government or self funded?

They do still do a bursary. My dc was lucky enough to get the mds but when I spoke to them about finances and explained I couldn’t pay full fees they said then that if it wasn’t mds they have some bursary’s available. They aren’t as much as mds but they look at your finances and give you as much as they can, also dependant on how high the child scored in the audition. Good luck everyone still waiting 

Edited by Shelovesdance
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VLBdancer said:

Hi, my daughter is due to start in Y7 this September. I didn’t know if there was anyone else on here also had a child starting and might be interesting in getting in touch? Thanks 

Ah. That's a great idea. We've still not heard about funding so although I'm crossing everything my daughter can go it's not confirmed. We are local though. My daughter would be a day student.

30 minutes ago, starsmum said:

Ah. That's a great idea. We've still not heard about funding so although I'm crossing everything my daughter can go it's not confirmed. We are local though. My daughter would be a day student.

Ah we are local too & same not boarding. Not sure how you share details on here if a private messenger as happy to send my details thanks! 

10 hours ago, VLBdancer said:

Ah we are local too & same not boarding. Not sure how you share details on here if a private messenger as happy to send my details thanks! 

Other than arranging a time/ place to meet not sure how to do it. Are you members at the zoo? Could meet there? Cheshire oaks? City centre?Can admin on here help? Is there a way of passing on contact details?

11 minutes ago, starsmum said:

Other than arranging a time/ place to meet not sure how to do it. Are you members at the zoo? Could meet there? Cheshire oaks? City centre?Can admin on here help? Is there a way of passing on contact details?

You can use the private message system. If you click on the three lines on the top right hand side of the page, one of the options is an envelope.  If you click on the envelope you can message another member.

• Like 1