The Hammond School 2023

Dancemum19

21 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

You can use the private message system. If you click on the three lines on the top right hand side of the page, one of the options is an envelope.  If you click on the envelope you can message another member.

Thank you, but I can’t see that option when press dots just says share or report? Is that the … at top of each message? Thanks again 

Edited by VLBdancer
Adding response

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/05/2023 at 11:23, Dancing.shoes said:

Is anyone starting at Hammond in September doing any summer intensives? I was meaning to book onto Hammond summer one, but see it’s full now! Oops!

would be nice to see if anyone may meet each other before sept at any other intensives? X

Hi I just tried to DM you but it says you’re not receiving messages. I had to change my account settings thanks! 

It’s not just the Hammond still waiting on forms, I have friends with children going to Elmhurst, Tring and W.L - none of them have received the MDS forms yet. 
I spoke to Hammond last week and they’re still waiting to receive them - it’s a national thing, I assume no other funding can be allocated until MDS is sorted. So it’s the government being slow with the paperwork.

Our financial situation has drastically changed since we put in our initial forms so we’re desperate to get the new ones through. 

My daughter and I would definitely be up for a meet up, providing everything works out she’d be boarding. 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 10:10, VLBdancer said:

Ah we are local too & same not boarding. Not sure how you share details on here if a private messenger as happy to send my details thanks! 

My son is starting in September also as a day student. We are local too and would be interested in getting in touch 🙂. Are you on the zoom call tonight?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dancemum19 said:

Is there a zoom call tonight? My daughter going into year 9 I haven't heard nothing about a zoom call? Thank you x

We were not invited on the zoom call. Hope that doesn't mean bad news for us and funding. The lady on the phone also seemed surprised we weren't on that meeting 😢

I never had the invite either! 

She said I had an e mail, but I didn’t.

I managed to get on it, and don’t think it was anything about funding aspect think was more an admin error?

It did show it was being recorded. I have e mailed to check their mailing list! 

The meeting was showing as being recorded. It was an Introduction from Amanda Doyle regarding the academic side of the school and then an overview of what to expect on the dance side from Miss Lockwood followed by an opportunity to ask questions. There was also an overview of the pastoral care from Emma Coupe. There were students who are joining various years in the lower school in attendance - obviously dont know why some people here wouldnt have had the zoom details - didn't want to cause any concern by mentioning it

• Like 1

I think there’s another meeting planned for boarders, so anyone that wasn’t sent the link for this one may want to ask for that link if they’re boarding. 
funding wasn’t mentioned at yesterdays meeting, other than they’d check with finance office! 

8 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

Does anyone know if there is any chance of MDS at this point? Refusing to give up hope but realise it’s getting increasingly unlikely. We also had no information about the meeting so am worried this means we’ve been taken off lists. 

Hi.

I really pushed for an answer and I got an email on Saturday to say all MDS have been allocated and we didn't qualify for funding and needed to let them know by today if my D was still starting in September self funded. I have asked for more details so haven't responded yet 😢

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Starboymom said:

We haven’t heard a thing either and was not told about any zoom meetings. We have started looking elsewhere as the communication is very poor for us.

See my message below.

I'm so disappointed with the lack of communication and have been told all MDS's have now been allocated and we didn't qualify for any additional funding. They wanted a response from us by today if we were self funding for September. I haven't responded and asked for more info. If they want a response they will have to get in touch with me. 😢

• Thanks 1

Wow... all I can say!! Awful communication...! I have only had one email that was the first zoom meeting and heard nothing since or nothing about the funding!! I will be ringing next week? Does anyone no if they are off this week? Thank you!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, starsmum said:

Hi.

I really pushed for an answer and I got an email on Saturday to say all MDS have been allocated and we didn't qualify for funding and needed to let them know by today if my D was still starting in September self funded. I have asked for more details so haven't responded yet 😢

We’ve been told the same just yesterday. Disappointing but time to move on for us. Would love to make it happen but it’s just impossible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dancemum19 said:

Wow... all I can say!! Awful communication...! I have only had one email that was the first zoom meeting and heard nothing since or nothing about the funding!! I will be ringing next week? Does anyone no if they are off this week? Thank you!!!

Email the principal directly (her email is on website) not sure if they’re in or out but there are some replies coming this week. 

1 minute ago, Dancing.shoes said:

Anyone heard anymore about mds?!

im getting worried about everything! Not sure whether to tell local authority that she’s not going to school here or not! 

Email we received said all MDS and funding had been allocated so if you've not heard anything else there's nothing coming. Unfortunately we were relying on funding so have to just hope that we can try again another year