RBS JA application and audition 2022

Siqiuk

1 minute ago, Vee said:

Did they say last year it would be July but they came out early? Or had they said June last year? Just wondering if they would be early? 

Sure it said June on  last years email , I remember them sending an update email because lots had been in contact with them.   However I think videos were sent Feb/March time  ( my daughter couldn’t do full audition due to broken foot ) 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tinydancingfeet said:

Sure it said June on  last years email , I remember them sending an update email because lots had been in contact with them.   However I think videos were sent Feb/March time  ( my daughter couldn’t do full audition due to broken foot ) 

Looks like most likely July then. I will still probably check emails a hundred times a day 😂

Last year, we heard on 16th June, so tomorrow. Sometimes, the results do come out before they said, but just as frequently they come out afterwards or exactly on time! It's impossible to second-guess and I know how all-consuming the wait is, but try to enjoy the blissful ignorance of not knowing for as long as possible!

10 minutes ago, Elz said:

Just had the email, it's a no for us! My DD is only 8, so plenty more opportunities to audition.

I am guessing unless it acutally says waiting list, then there is no chance of her getting bumped up?

So sorry for your news. Unfortunately the email would state that she is on the waiting list so time to focus on trying again next year. And always well worth trying again. 

Hope your DD isn’t too upset. X

• Like 1

To all the nos... My pupil was a straight no for Year 4 and 5, then a straight yes for Year 6 and she's now off to vocational school in September, having been offered four out of the five she applied to, and RBS MAs. Don't give up hope. There are different paths, and I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

• Like 3

Thanks interesting @MissEmily.

What would you say changed for your pupil in those years?

I got the impression it was physique based plus musicality.

So did your pupil grow into the required body shape or were they just more expressive?

Or is it skills based after all, I.e. those that have more and high quality training stand a better chance?

@ElzI wish I could give you an answer to your questions which would be easier to accept but I honestly think the difference was the person watching the video (since that’s how her Year 5 and 6 auditions were held). There were only six months between the two video submissions and I honestly couldn’t see that there was enough of a difference between them to jump from a straight no to a straight yes! 🤷🏻‍♀️ My pupil’s physique, dance quality and musicality were what JAs would look for all along. Her training had remained the same throughout the process, but obviously she was stronger and more accomplished by Year 5 compared to Year 3. Whatever the reason, it was for the best. She really realised how special her place was and how much she needed to make the most of it. Her JA teacher even chose her to demonstrate for her at a special event, having had some of the others since Year 4! I truly think it’s a case of right person, right place, right time sometimes and I really hope your DC has success in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A heartfelt congratulations to all those who gained their dreamed of places today . How wonderful. 

Also  heartfelt thoughts  to all those  children who didn't get the news they'd hoped for today .  Never easy for them (or us. )

Regardless of news, there are so many more wonderful opportunities ahead for all these talented dancers.  

We feel  lucky in that DD got SWL/online,  although we know the chance of an in person  place are  probably remote we feel very proud of her achievements .

Thanks to everyone on here for your support and advice during this process - its been very much appreciated. 

Wishing you all well as you continue this exciting and often stressful journey. x

• Like 1

My daughter got a straight no in year 4, SWL and online associates in year 5 (the online classes were excellent) and a very sweet yes for year 6 today! So a no really is not yet! Well done to all the yeses today and hope the not yets aren’t too disappointed. 😊

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Does anyone know what time the online classes are on the Sunday usually? 

Last year there were several classes and we were able to swap to one that was a better time for us. There was a 9-10.15 and also an 11-12.15 that we knew of.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RachH said:

Last year there were several classes and we were able to swap to one that was a better time for us. There was a 9-10.15 and also an 11-12.15 that we knew of.

Great thank you!

Well I never thought I’d get to post a positive story but after two years of straight No’s (No wait list/no onlines just no’s) my daughter actually got a Yes for Y6 Manchester! So if you’re reading this disappointed as I have been previously then take heart ❤️ and if you’re near a Ballet Boost associate class try out for them because they’ve made all the difference to my daughter I think. Well

done to all the Yes’s and it really is not the door closing if your daughter is disappointed this year x 

• Like 5

For those of you who got a no, did your letter say the following;

We are unfortunately unable to offer you a place this year, but the panel felt you responded very well to the audition class and would be very interested in seeing you again at next year’s auditions, as they felt you could be a good fit for the programme in future.

Ours said this:

Thank you for attending an audition for the Associates program at The Royal Ballet School. There were over 860 dancers who auditioned for the Junior Associates program this year, and though we would love to be able to offer all students a place on our programs, the number of places available are limited.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer you a place in the Junior Associates Programme for September 2022.
We understand this will be a disappointment to you, but the School does recognise that young people progress and develop at different stages. Therefore, we encourage you to audition again next year if you wish to and are still within the age ranges of the course.