RBS JA application and audition 2022

Siqiuk

6 minutes ago, Medora said:

For those of you who got a no, did your letter say the following;

We are unfortunately unable to offer you a place this year, but the panel felt you responded very well to the audition class and would be very interested in seeing you again at next year’s auditions, as they felt you could be a good fit for the programme in future.

We had the same as SplitSoul. Yours sounds so much more positive! Feel so sad for my DD, she was on such a high after her audition and thought it went so well but was obviously just a flat no, she is so upset although of course knew the odds it's still hard to be rejected outright. Well done to you and everyone who had better news x

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ballet_dancer2020 we had floods of tears, and just incredulous cries of "but I really wanted to get in". She has gained a little perspective in the last hour or so, but the disappointment is huge. It's so hard when you are 8, next year seems way too far off. She knew the odds were against her and understands that, but she just couldn't believe they didn't understand how much she wanted it.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SplitSoul said:

@Ballet_dancer2020 we had floods of tears, and just incredulous cries of "but I really wanted to get in". She has gained a little perspective in the last hour or so, but the disappointment is huge. It's so hard when you are 8, next year seems way too far off. She knew the odds were against her and understands that, but she just couldn't believe they didn't understand how much she wanted it.  

I’m just so so sorry, it seems so unfair for them at such a young age to have this heartbreak. 
tbh there’s so many amazing ballet opportunities out there that are as good and if not better but that doesn’t make it an any less bitter pill to swallow . 

• Like 1

A lot can happen in a year! My eldest did not get in on her first attempt but was eventually successful. Equally some JAs do not get to stay on as MAs, and new dancers end up taking their places at that stage, so you never know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SplitSoul said:

A year is far off but perhaps you can try to fill the time with other challenges? Audition for the LCB in October, maybe that could be a new goal? 

2 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

Well I never thought I’d get to post a positive story but after two years of straight No’s (No wait list/no onlines just no’s) my daughter actually got a Yes for Y6 Manchester! So if you’re reading this disappointed as I have been previously then take heart ❤️ and if you’re near a Ballet Boost associate class try out for them because they’ve made all the difference to my daughter I think. Well

done to all the Yes’s and it really is not the door closing if your daughter is disappointed this year x 

• Like 1

First time audited the London centre got an offer on the waiting list. My DD just turned 8yrs and had a high hope but now a bid disappointed. Anyone knows what's the chance of getting in from the waiting list? It seems impossible for someone to drop out the London centre which is usually super popular. Tia

18 hours ago, Siqiuk said:

First time audited the London centre got an offer on the waiting list. My DD just turned 8yrs and had a high hope but now a bid disappointed. Anyone knows what's the chance of getting in from the waiting list? It seems impossible for someone to drop out the London centre which is usually super popular. Tia

For what it’s worth the waitlist never moved for us, nor did it move for anyone we know. Perhaps you will have better luck. A waitlist place is better than a straight no so I hope your DC is not too disappointed 

4 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Thank you! I had no idea how to

Copy the address of what you want to share.  Paste it into the topic where you want to share and press the submit button.

It works for any website and not just threads here.  If it is an external website it will just show the address not the preview.

Oh my goodness. The newbies thread brings back memories. It was started when DD got a place in year 4 and now she’s only got 2 classes left after 3 fabulous years!!!! Time flies. It’s been an amazing experience! 

Congratulations to all the yeses and keep going for those that got a not yet. Others have proved that it doesn’t mean there’s no future chance. X

Congratulations to those who had a yes, and to those who had a no, there are many paths which I believe can be even better. My DD had either a No or a wait list each year, but was offered a place at WL for year 7. We are a few years on now at WL and she is still there - and it was ex JA’s that were assessed out and replaced with internationals. If you’re DC’s are upset, then help them understand please, because the world of ballet will be full of disappointments and huge competition - not being successful at auditions, not being chosen for cast or even growing and developing in a way that doesn’t fit the RB requirements. 
Find good training, let your DC love dancing, and let them develop the self motivation and confidence they need if they want to succeed. Good luck everyone. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BallerinaMum13 said:

We also got a wait list place for London. My DD is 8. The letter said that all wait listed kids get the online programme. Wondering what everyone's thoughts about doing the online programme are? 

My daughter also got short waiting list for Manchester and online lesson. I would be interested in knowing how people have got on with the online too.

4 minutes ago, Bongo said:

My daughter also got short waiting list for Manchester and online lesson. I would be interested in knowing how people have got on with the online too.

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the online programme, at a time when she really didn’t get on well with zoom classes. Every week they focus on something new and the classes are fun and engaging. I really think it made her even more motivated to try and get in the following year. 

1 hour ago, Bongo said:

my little girl did online Associates for 2 years and she really found the classes fantastic. they send you theory ahead of the classes and worked on different areas every week, i found they also really worked on all areas of audition too (improvisation and use of body etc) this helped her massively when auditoning this year x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/06/2022 at 12:52, dancecrazy1 said:

my little girl did online Associates for 2 years and she really found the classes fantastic. they send you theory ahead of the classes and worked on different areas every week, i found they also really worked on all areas of audition too (improvisation and use of body etc) this helped her massively when auditoning this year x 

Would you mind telling us if she got a place this year?

Ballerinamum did your dc get online associates? I heard that they were not going to offer that going forward but I guess they are keeping the program?

We know one girl who got an offer after a year of online associates, and equally we know one girl who did not 🤷‍♀️

My little one got accepted into y6 at Leeds , she’s so excited , she was SWL Last year . 
She’s just waiting on more information now , I hope they send it soon she’s bursting to know more now 🙂 

Well done to all with Yeses and to the No’s and SWL your all amazing keep going xx 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 12:52, dancecrazy1 said:

Just out if interest how many are on the online classes and are they at different time throughout the day?

1 hour ago, Bongo said:

Just out if interest how many are on the online classes and are they at different time throughout the day?

there were 14 in my daughters class, and i think there were at least 3 different classes that ran on a sunday, i'm not sure if it was done in ages, as one week there were 4 birthdays in the same class, which made me wonder if the classes were sorted in ages! 

For those who were fortunate enough to receive a place for September, once you confirmed the place acceptance by replying to the email with your child’s name and the centre offered, have you heard anything back?! Panicking I’ve not sent the email or they’ve not received it 😬🙏

8 minutes ago, Ruby22 said:

For those who were fortunate enough to receive a place for September, once you confirmed the place acceptance by replying to the email with your child’s name and the centre offered, have you heard anything back?! Panicking I’ve not sent the email or they’ve not received it 😬🙏

I haven't received anything either just an automated reply. I've checked my sent because several times to double check I'd replied to the email 😬

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve just seen they are starting a PBT (Progressing Ballet Technique) Associate Scheme in Birmingham this year. My DD who had a no for JA but started at WL in year 7 found an amazing PBT teacher for classes - the same lady is going to be running the associates apparently. It made a huge difference to her technique and strength, so for anyone who had a “not yet” it could be really good. Look for PBT Associates UK on Facebook or Instagram. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I should have checked this thread earlier in the year. Well done to everyone that went through the process whatever the outcome 

Someone was asking about space numbers and mentioned there was only 1 year 4 girl in the short London class. Well, it's true, it's my daughter. There are 4 year 4 boys. So it meant there were about 11 spaces up for grabs in the 4/5 class. I know her friend has a place as a year 4 boy. But if anyone is starting ja1 in September and you want to ask questions or go for coffee, just send a message as there will be lots of newbies this year x