RBS JA application and audition 2022

Siqiuk

47 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Going off previous years, i think you’ll start hearing this/next week. We found out Weds 16th June for Leeds so i reckon it’ll be next Weds for Leeds 🤞🏻

Thanks be interesting to see when they start to hear she was told end of june/beginning of July but guessing they say longer than they may need. Do you know how many places are offered? Good luck to everyone I'm in awe of them all I'd be a bag of nervous! 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Theatrefan said:

Thanks be interesting to see when they start to hear she was told end of june/beginning of July but guessing they say longer than they may need. Do you know how many places are offered? Good luck to everyone I'm in awe of them all I'd be a bag of nervous! 

It is very likely that i could be wrong but last year we were told on the same day that a friends DC was told in 2019 before the pandemic. 

Hello all.

I have been following this post for some time and decided to make my first post today.  This is my first experience of RBS junior associates. ( although we have done the mid associates auditions  with my oldest before. ) 

I wish I'd seen this posting  earlier than I did - pre our audition - as I very stupidly put my DD in non convertable tights for her audition ( what was I thinking !!) so totally worried I have blown her chances. So annoyed with myself.  They were required to show their feet so I feel I let her down in not thinking it through really. 

Like you all have mentioned my DD had a wonderful experience at the audition where the teachers were so kind and friendly and she came out full of joy and optimism  - which is so lovely regardless of the outcome that she has achieved much from this application.   Also like most of you I am more nervous than her!!!  

I have really appreciated reading these posts and thank you all for your helpful insights and support. It's so lovely that as a community we can feel supported by one another and gain from others knowledge and experience . 

I wish you and your lovely children all the best in the coming weeks as we hear the results.  Even if we all  don't get the results we wish for I hope everyones DC gains from this experience and still feels very proud of themselves - they have achieved much to have auditioned in the first place. 

Edited by Helouise55
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Helouise55 said:

Hello all.

I have been following this post for some time and decided to make my first post today.  This is my first experience of RBS junior associates. ( although we have done the mid associates auditions  with my oldest before. ) 

I wish I'd seen this posting  earlier than I did - pre our audition - as I very stupidly put my DD in non convertable tights for her audition ( what was I thinking !!) so totally worried I have blown her chances. So annoyed with myself.  They were required to show their feet so I feel I let her down in not thinking it through really. 

Like you all have mentioned my DD had a wonderful experience at the audition where the teachers were so kind and friendly and she came out full of joy and optimism  - which is so lovely regardless of the outcome that she has achieved much from this application.   Also like most of you I am more nervous than her!!!  

I have really appreciated reading these posts and thank you all for your helpful insights and support. It's so lovely that as a community we can feel supported by one another and gain from others knowledge and experience . 

I wish you and your lovely children all the best in the coming weeks as we hear the results.  Even if we all  don't get the results we wish for I hope everyones DC gains from this experience and still feels very proud of themselves - they have achieved much to have auditioned in the first place. 

My daughter auditioned in Manchester and there were many girls in tights as that’s what it stated on the email ( it said to wear either) I’m sure it would make no difference.  The email also mentions results coming out at the beginning of July. Good luck everyone! We’ve given it a second chance this year as my daughter wasn’t successful last year but fingers crossed face to face shows her ability much better than a video, like everyone else. 

• Like 2

Completely! I am not mentioning the possible early results to her, so she won't keep asking me. It's such a slim chance to get in, but I suppose it's like buying a lottery ticket - the dream of winning is stronger than the likelihood of winning.

9 minutes ago, Tinydancingfeet said:

@Elz it consumes your life doesn’t it 😖driving me mad 🤪 and my daughter hasn’t asked for results or even mentioned anything since her audition, guess she knows her chances are slim

and she’s just enjoyed the whole audition experience x

My daughters the same she's focused on her next exam and hasn't mentioned results. I hadn't thought about it as knew auditions didn't end till beginning of June but now I know they have finished and I keep getting emails from the RBS I must of ticked a box somewhere putting me on a mailing list when I see the emails pop up it's a short in take of breath. She had a wonderful experience those I saw coming out of the audition before her had big smiles. Whatever the outcome it's a great experience for them all and am insight into how things run. 

Glad I found this forum. 

1 minute ago, Theatrefan said:

My daughters the same she's focused on her next exam and hasn't mentioned results. I hadn't thought about it as knew auditions didn't end till beginning of June but now I know they have finished and I keep getting emails from the RBS I must of ticked a box somewhere putting me on a mailing list when I see the emails pop up it's a short in take of breath. She had a wonderful experience those I saw coming out of the audition before her had big smiles. Whatever the outcome it's a great experience for them all and am insight into how things run. 

Glad I found this forum. 

Omg I am the same - keep getting Royal Ballet emails and my heart skips a beat!

Daughter not asked at all yet but I am sure I will be constantly checking my inbox for the next couple of weeks 🙈🤣

6 minutes ago, BalletMummy123 said:

Daughter not asked at all yet but I am sure I will be constantly checking my inbox for the next couple of weeks 🙈🤣

Me too and my junk folder which I'm dreadful at checking normally 🤣 where did your daughter audition?

10 hours ago, BalletMummy123 said:

It is literally consuming my days checking emails even though chances are slim. 

My DD auditioned in London, and whilst I know that the percentages are stacked against a yes, I still find myself thinking about it even though we aren't due to hear for a couple of weeks! How do people cope with this!? 😂

43 minutes ago, Elz said:

Nope. Our audition was in April. I was going along nicely thinking there was loads of time before we hear. Now suddenly I am so impatient!!

Me too I think it's knowing all auditions have been held and thinking will we hear earlier than they said 😅 

4 minutes ago, Tinydancingfeet said:

Hopefully , the suspense is killing me , even though I know she literally as no chance , but  until it’s in black and white I can’t rest 

Same - I will just be glad to stop checking my emails whenever I get a break at work 🤣🙈

1 hour ago, Balletbuds80 said:

The Leeds results came out on this day in 2021 and 2019 but maybe there are other factors in the mix this year if they have said beginning of July.

Good luck to you all 🍀 

Did they say last year it would be July but they came out early? Or had they said June last year? Just wondering if they would be early?