Recs for bun hair spray please

HopelessMummy

8 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Worth buying for name alone!! Is this stocked in usual type of stores please? 

It’s in Afro shops -my daughter has very curly hair, so she uses this to keep her bun slick 

they do different strengths -for European hair I wouldn’t recommend the strongest! 
can get on amazon 

AFD0A29D-3EAE-4C83-AE95-B305B320F412.jpeg

• Like 1

Another tip to comb back hair to get slick to head with minimal comb lines...use the narrow teeth of a not comb! Works well on DD’s (admittedly quite thin & straight hair) when she needs that exam/audition perfectly smioitg look. Think she uses water spray first then the sane VO5 gel spray others mention

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jane said:

My Dd used to used VO5 mega hold gel spray rather than hairspray 

Yep, this was dd's go-to stuff as well.

Because it is a spritz gel rather than an aerosol you can use it in dressing rooms and other places like dorms where aerosols aren't permitted.

• Like 1

Gorilla Snot has a bit of a reputation for damaging hair, according to my Mauritian students, as it contains a lot of chemicals... mind you, a similar gel is Eco Style, and that contains a well-known carcinogen. It seems that the more I look into it, the less I know what DD should put on her hair!

33 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Gorilla Snot has a bit of a reputation for damaging hair, according to my Mauritian students, as it contains a lot of chemicals... mind you, a similar gel is Eco Style, and that contains a well-known carcinogen. It seems that the more I look into it, the less I know what DD should put on her hair!

https://naturalhairqueen.net/gorilla-snot-gel-natural-hair/

this is an interesting article about the snot gel (sorry I had to say that!)

it’s not a natural product, but then we only need it for exams and auditions 

Edited by Firebird21
Typo

40 minutes ago, Firebird21 said:

https://naturalhairqueen.net/gorilla-snot-gel-natural-hair/

this is an interesting article about the snot gel (sorry I had to say that!)

it’s not a natural product, but then we only need it for exams and auditions 

Just for exams and auditions is definitely less of a problem. DD is at vocational school, so has a bun pretty much all day every day (although the school encourages the girls to take their bun out for academic lessons to rest their hair).

Edited by SissonneDoublee
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Just for exams and auditions is definitely less of a problem. DD is at vocational school, so has a bun pretty much all day every day (although the school encourages the girls to take their bun out for academic lessons to rest their hair).

It’s funny but I’ve noticed some schools are far more strict than others when it comes to standard of bun!!

my dd always has a bun in for training, but some places expect it to be slick-not a hair outta of place...others are happy for you to just have it in a bun with net or whatever! 
Constant bun wearing can play havoc with the delicate baby hairs at the temple! 

When my dd was little  we used to spray hair with water before putting it up, then a quick spritz with a regular hairspray (eg Elnett or Boots Own) and it sets rock hard but brushes out fairly easily.

It's easier to put hair in a bun if it isn't freshly washed and if you haven't used conditioner.

• 2 weeks later...